+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Speak to me!

The martinis are a great story. I didn't drink before I met her but just what she would call fru fru drinks. Primarily Smirnoff Ice, triple filtered. I kept drinking those for a while until she made me a Stoli martini, extra dirty. I went from 3% alcohol per volume to 40%. Yep, that shocked me, I caughed as it burnt going down. Now I love the stuff and can't get enough. Frozen strawberry margaritas are good too.

Oh by the way, for a perfect martini add 2oz Stoli vodka to a shaker full of ice, and about 1/8-1/4oz olive juice depending on how dirty you like it (or not at all!) Pour 1/2oz dry vermouth into the martini glass and swirl it around to coat the entire inside of the glass, then pour out the extra. Shake the vodka well to get it nice and cold, pour and taste. Add olive juice as needed for taste.

I've found that by coating the glass with the dry vermouth instead of shaking it with the vodka creates a better balance of taste.

So we are each other's bitches, I can't really complain with that as long as it stays that way. I get what I want, she gets what she wants. Can you believe she likes to clean and cook? freak...

I like to clean and cook, too, but then, so does my bf. Lucky me.

I disagree about your Martini recipe though. Here's my favorite:

Keep your vermouth in a spritzer bottle. Spray just one spritz of dry vermouth into a Martini glass fresh from the fridge, then add a ridiculous amount of Grey Goose vodka that's been shaken so hard it's almost bruised (ice crystals floating on top). Add three olives and a splurp of olive juice.

You'll want more vodka and less olive juice as you evolve into a total boozebag like me.
    Spammer Spanker

I happen to love it extra dirty, and I really don't like Grey Goose, so like all alchoholic beverages this too comes down to preference. It would be hard to keep my martini glasses in the fridge, I usually chill them in ice while I'm getting doing everything else. I also use three olives! I'm an olive freak, I guess that's why I like them extra dirty. I'll eat an entire jar of olives just because I can.

Surprisingly enough actually I enjoy cooking, especially grilling and smoking. I do so very much hate cleaning with a passion.

Quote Originally Posted by protonjai
    Surprisingly enough actually I enjoy cooking, especially grilling and smoking. I do so very much hate cleaning with a passion.
    My ex hated cleaning too, so we hired a maid.
    Spammer Spanker

I happen to enjoy cleaning. I recieve a great deal of satisfaction after I am done.

That's what she says! I'm not going to complain.

Quote Originally Posted by Gigabitch
    My ex hated cleaning too, so we hired a maid. Next time, I'm just going to get a cute exchange student from London.

I fixed my post.
    Spammer Spanker

King Zarathu Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Gigabitch View Post
    I fixed my post.
    God, you're less female than Aegis. I was going to suggest that you should use your edit button, but I caught myself just in time.

You want to touch my edit button, don't you? Well, hands off- I'm saving it for Henry.
    Spammer Spanker

King Zarathu Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Gigabitch View Post
    You want to touch my edit button, don't you? Well, hands off- I'm saving it for Henry.
    How is Henry more attractive than me?!

You females and your logic....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12