+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Girlfriend with lots of guy friends

mmm i do have female friends, but they are not 'good' friends, they are just very normal friends. If i do get any closer with my female friends, very often feelings will develop and its either i'm interested or they're interested in me...and if the other party dont reciprocate, the friendship dissolves. so thats why i say there are no good and long friendships btw a guy and a girl. or okok think i may be too sweeping here. It is HARD to maintain a pure good platonic friendship. Think that sounds better.

Mathias is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    My best friend in the world is female. We've been completely platonic for 8 years. It can happen.

Guys and girls can be friends, but if one is in a relationship rules and boundaries need to be set.

Quote Originally Posted by jurupa View Post
    Guys and girls can be friends, but if one is in a relationship rules and boundaries need to be set.
    Rules for the couple or for the friends?

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by jurupa View Post
    Such as what? My best friend is engaged. I have a girlfriend. If EITHER of our SO's tried to place "rules" on us seeing each other, etc., we'd be GONE from those relationships. And trust me, nothing would ever happen between us, but we're very, very good friends. **** that.

the type of guy who says there's no such thing as a platonic friendship with a girl is simply the type of guy who can't maintain such a thing. It can and does happen. Yes, long lasting, truly platonic friendships between men and women are probably more rare than friendships within the same gender. But you can't say that they "just don't exist", because they obviously do.

Ellynn is offline Love Gurus
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiay View Post
    the type of guy who says there's no such thing as a platonic friendship with a girl is simply the type of guy who can't maintain such a thing. It can and does happen. Yes, long lasting, truly platonic friendships between men and women are probably more rare than friendships within the same gender. But you can't say that they "just don't exist", because they obviously do.
    I agree with this. I have male friends from school. They aren't into me like that and I'm not into them like that. I do however act as a sounding board and try to give advice to them when they are complaining about their latest girl problems. Guys can have female friends. It does help with understanding women and getting a females perspective on things. It also works the other way around.
    Appreciate the good times and learn from the bad times....

I think you shouldn't worry about your girlfriend having guyfriends, as long as they are ugly or not at your level (base on looks....lol). Same goes with males who have female friends, there's more chance that the guy would cheat if his female "friends" are good lookin, they could be friends with benefits.

Same goes with me as with a lot of other attractive females, dudes who wanted to be my "friend" wanted more than that.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Chicachick View Post
    I think you shouldn't worry about your girlfriend having guyfriends, as long as they are ugly or not at your level (base on looks....lol). Same goes with males who have female friends, there's more chance that the guy would cheat if his female "friends" are good lookin, they could be friends with benefits.

Same goes with me as with a lot of other attractive females, dudes who wanted to be my "friend" wanted more than that.
    This is conceited and awful advice.

He's right. Decent guys shouldn't have to pay for the fact that sleazebags will try anything to get into someone's pants.

I have platonic friends. I've also known guys who've tried to get with me by pretending to be my friend. Totally different scenarios.

I've tried to ensure that my bf hears about and meets my male friends.
    Spammer Spanker

Quote Originally Posted by Chicachick View Post

oh my god.
    There are moments when one feels free from one's own identification with human limitations and inadequacies. At such moments one imagines that one stands on some spot of a small planet, gazing in amazement at the cold yet profoundly moving beauty of the eternal, the unfathomable; life and death flow into one, and there is neither evolution nor destiny; only Being. - Albert Einstein

I think you should try to make an agreement with her by letting her see guys, but just not the ones that seem interested in her. If she doesnt agree with this, you could try making her jealous. Hang out with more girls, make plans to hang with them alot more and spend more time with them than your girlfriend. When she confronts you about this, tell her that this is practically what shes doing to you. Then make a deal like choosing a few ppl eachother cant hangout with.
    Goodluck~ ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Flamel View Post
    Rules for the couple or for the friends?
    Both. To only set rules for one side and not the other will destroy things.

Quote Originally Posted by Mathias View Post
    Such as what? My best friend is engaged. I have a girlfriend. If EITHER of our SO's tried to place "rules" on us seeing each other, etc., we'd be GONE from those relationships. And trust me, nothing would ever happen between us, but we're very, very good friends. **** that.
    I am not saying to place rules on seeing each other. what I am more saying make it clear to the girl your dating that this female friend of yours is a friend and has no intentions of hooking up with you. At the same time, you make it clear to the girl your dating that you are not going to allow her to interfere with the friendship you have with your female friend.

I am also going to add something to what I said before. I think guys and females find it easier to be friends at an older age due to the maturity levels and the fact that both sides have learned a lot of life lessons to where they can understand each other better and become friends.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by mahouyuki View Post
    I think you should try to make an agreement with her by letting her see guys, but just not the ones that seem interested in her. If she doesnt agree with this, you could try making her jealous. Hang out with more girls, make plans to hang with them alot more and spend more time with them than your girlfriend. When she confronts you about this, tell her that this is practically what shes doing to you. Then make a deal like choosing a few ppl eachother cant hangout with.
    Goodluck~ ^^
    Wow. Awful advice part II.

This is manipulative, mean, and deceitful.

Seriously, grow the **** up, people.

help pls

Again on this matter, I want a female opinion.

I have a distance relationship with a girl, we're talking about just 5 hours, but that make it possible for us only to see each other on weekends. It's been 4 months now, and everything seemed perfect but the other day she really freaked me out.

By the way she lives in Switzerland and I live in Italy.

I was with her last weekend and I left on monday, and on tuesday night she calld me later than usual cause she told me she went out for dinner with a friend. We're talking about a guy she's been knowing before me, but not that much (1 year maybe). I'm not the kind of guy that doesn't want his girlfriend to have other friends, I can understand going out with a group of friends that may include also males, but I really don't see how could she go out alone with another guy for dinner. She knew how I thought infact she told me that only after, cause she admitted she though I would have freaked out! But then why doing that? Now she's sayin how can she build good friendships if she answers to this guys that she can't go out on dinner with them cause she has a boyfriend? But I say how can someone you define as a friend interfere in your relationship by asking you out when he knows you're in a relationship?

She's coming here tonight, but I guess only to pick up her stuff cause I won't change my opinion and I can't stay with a girl like that. The fact is that I think that the distance from me makes her feel justified to see other people, so this definitely can't work. I repeat I don't have nothing against her going out with a group of friends that include males, but I don't see why she has to go out with another guy alone!!

Just let me know if I'm too weird or some kind of possessive freak.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast