+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Well: Tiay

hope it wont be the latter I think they all sound equally bad, though. Burned? nothing like setting flesh on fire.. Decomposed gradually? ew.. with the hair falling out and the maggots and such. Devoured? Some jackals and hyenas and vultures chewing off bits of you?

No, that wont do. I'll just have to not die. or, short of that, invent a new method..

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Did you know that before you decompose gradually, the buildup of gas in the corpse often causes the body to explode in the casket?

It's great to be married to a forensic guy and have access to all this trivia..
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Yuuuuuu-huck! God, what an ugly, smelly picture you've painted, Vashti! I'm cackling and retching at the same time.

My father is an archaeologist, and I've actually seen bones piled up in the lab, waiting to be catalogued. This is the main reason I want to be cremated- no Indiana Jones wannabe is gonna unearth ME.
    Spammer Spanker

Oh god, that's even worse, vash..

How about mummification? that's kind of gross too though. Oh, I know! I'll have myself frozen solid in a chunk of ice, and have them drill a hole in the north pole and put me in it.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Won't that be kind of cold?
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

just as much as cremation is hot, and decomposing is stinky.

I don't care what happens to my body after I'm dead. I don't care cause I can't.

I used to think cryogenic freezing though, just cause, why the hell not? Then I found out that it costs like 100 grand, so **** that.

Related pet peeve: People who aren't going to donate their organs after they die. You're not going to be using them anytime soon, why not give them to someone who can use them?

And I've heard the argument that it's because the organs don't always go to people who need them, sometimes they go to scientists. Well who the hell cares? If you don't donate they're just dust.
    People are bastard coated bastards with bastard filling

Oh, hell yeah. I want them to clean me out- take everything! I've already discussed this with my daughter and my parents. I guess I should have that conversation with my bf, too.
    Spammer Spanker

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by TDurden View Post
    I don't care what happens to my body after I'm dead. I don't care cause I can't.

I used to think cryogenic freezing though, just cause, why the hell not? Then I found out that it costs like 100 grand, so **** that.

Related pet peeve: People who aren't going to donate their organs after they die. You're not going to be using them anytime soon, why not give them to someone who can use them?

And I've heard the argument that it's because the organs don't always go to people who need them, sometimes they go to scientists. Well who the hell cares? If you don't donate they're just dust.

Although I have agreed to be a donor, I understand not wanting to be one. Usually to be a donor, they want to harvest your organs before your body is dead because once the tissue is dead, it is no good. I would be okay with them doing this to me, but I would have a very hard time doing this to my babies, whether or not it is the logically correct thing to do.

man, that reminds me to get a donor card thing. It's just kind of morbid.

when's the last time you were sick? I think i'm getting a cold :|

I usually get sick every January, but I'm committing myself to NOT getting sick this year. Drink lots of water.

What do you guys think of someone's right to die? My mom's been making these really dark statements to my brother and me about how she doesn't want to be in a rest home and how she'll commit suicide "when the time comes" (The drama queen is only 64 and in pretty decent health). How do you deal with that kind of conversational speedbump?
    Last edited by Gigabitch; 09-01-07 at 09:15 AM.
    Spammer Spanker

Two colds in a row is too much, damnit..

The right not to have your life artificially prolonged - ie, on a vent and such.. that's one thing. I think that right goes without saying.

the right to actually be put to death is entirely another thing. It's really depressing to think of a loved one totally loosing their will to live. However, unless they are clearly mentally ill, it might be selfish to keep them hanging on and suffering.
    You could argue that anybody who wants to die is therefore mentally ill. But they don't actually want to die, they just don't have a choice, so they'd prefer not to suffer. Given the choice, I'd rather be painlessly put to death, than be torn apart by a pack of wolves. That's not crazy; that's just seeing that if i'm gonna die, I might as well not suffer. Given the choice, they'd rather die than waste away gradually and without dignity, which sounds logical to me. It's still a really hard choice.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    My uncle opted for assisted suicide when he was dying of cancer. (He lived in Oregon where it is legal.) It was very weird, and hard on my mom.

I had an old woman I know ask me to be legally responsible for directing a physician to pull the plug should she end up on life support. It is one thing to allow someone to die (meaning not allowing her to be put on life support in the first place), but to take an active roll is not something I would (or could?) do, so I refused, but my husband agreed to do it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12