+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: I almost cried for the first time

*sigh* this is like my third religious comment of the day, but, here it goes

although their parents are christian, they arent conveying that they are. even the strongest christian family who actually follows their morals would let their daughter date a man of a different religioun, race, or anything.

instead of taking the whole situation for granted and then throwing you asied like that, a christian family would try to initiate you or learn moer about your faith or whatever and then try to get you to join them...

her parents arent christian, their ignorant religious wannabee's

(no offense...really)

if you like this girl then you should have a *little* talk with her parents.
    if you get beaten up or abused, its not my fault, i never asked you to listen

peace out.
    and listen, if you have anything against my beliefs just pm me...mmk?
    cause i dont really care enough anymore to respond in a thread...

-koolwhip

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by koolwhip View Post
    would try to initiate you or learn moer about your faith or whatever and then try to get you to join them...
    I know, Christians are devious like that.

Quote Originally Posted by koolwhip View Post

if you like this girl then you should have a *little* talk with her parents.
    if you get beaten up or abused, its not my fault, i never asked you to listen

peace out.
    i agree with you kool!
    give your best foot forward.
    ..::: Don't think that I am b*tch! I am beyond b*tch! :::..

you got nothing to lose.

Confront her parents

Quote Originally Posted by The Great OV!!! View Post
    Well, even if...they still can't tell you who you have to date...only who you can't...in the "I put the roof over your head" BS. I remember my mom saying that once a long time ago and getting me really angry, I still remember my answer though...I believe it went something like "bitch, I never asked to be born".
    Haha! I gotta' try that one someday. I get the whole "I brought you into this world" bullshit. I normally just respond with "Well heres the receipt, I want my money back".

P.S: Don't waste alcohol, there are sober kids in Africa.
    Live together. Die alone - [url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lvi_RCM3FAM[/url]

Quote Originally Posted by Eurasian View Post
    P.S: Don't waste alcohol, there are sober kids in Africa.
    With AID's.

What frequently happens in this type of situation, Skaterboy, is the strict interpretation of two Biblical verses.

One states, "Honor thy father and mother" (which is often interpreted to mean: do as they command until you are married).

The other is "Do not be yoked together with unbelievers" (no non-Christians, in that they will be a bad influence or make a Christian lifestyle difficult).

Of course, you can also find a portion of the Old Testament that gives specific guidelines for marrying a non-Christian. Curious...

Definitely talk to her parents. If you would like some Biblical citations which contradict the aforementioned doctrines, feel free to ask. You might get points with them for doing the research...or it might upset them that you are being contrary. Your call.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by TheSphinx View Post

Of course, you can also find a portion of the Old Testament that gives specific guidelines for marrying a non-Christian. Curious...

How could there be guidelines for marrying a non-Christian before there were even any Christians??
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Hah! Good point! The New Testament verse is found in 2 Corinthians 6:14. I'll have to search for the Old Testament verse, which most likely said, "non-believers" rather than "non-Christians." Nice catch, vashti.

the title of this thread makes me laugh. lol.

can anybody tell me where aegis is?
    baby ya hustle. but me i hustle harder.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I wish I knew. I miss the gladiator boy.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Her parents think they're doing things right but I've seen this quite a few times. They try to pressure their child to be raised under a certain religion, child turns rebelious, hits 18, moves out, and calls mom and dad once a week to see how things are. Besides that, that's as far as their relationship goes.

Very sad, but very true.

I felt it necessary to step in here. In the first 15 posts, I felt way too much hostility and not enough solutions.

I have never gone through what you are going through so I am only speculating.
    I am, however, a nonreligious person in a very religious community so I know that much of what you are going through.

My advice in this situation, wether taken as a good thing or bad, is to win her parents over through a trick. You say you don't have any real religious belief, actually that makes you a prime target for religious people from what I have gathered. You are nuetral and could go either way.
    Okay, here is my plan, take it or leave it. express interest in becoming christian, you should be fine to tell your girl so long as she keeps quiet about it. Ask her parents to bestow some christian wisdom or whatever (don't say that, lol) on you. If you can get in good standings with her parents, you could unlock that lock on the door and can wait for them to let her date.

I apologize if this seems ridiculous but i could feel too much hostility and figured I could help with a solution.
    God answers you, you may not hear it but he gives you the tools you need to fix your problems.

Quote Originally Posted by Skaterdude View Post
    since like I was 10

1 year ago, I met the most wonderful girl. She is everything I dreamed of as a perfect girl for me. We're both in 11th grade, and we REALLY like each other. She likes me a lot, but her parents wont allow her to date.

I just got this news today on AIM.

"I really like you too, except my parents are a little weird.. They said that even if they did let me date in highschool, it wouldnt be you because you're not christian. Even if I was an adult, they still wouldn't let us date."

I almost broke down crying. How can her parents do this to us?
    in my honest opinion it sounds like she finally thought of a reason to break up with you. there's no better reason to let someone go easy then the whole parents/religion excuse.

she is in the 11th grade, thus could've been mature enough to say it to your face/by phone. instead you got an AIM.

please, dude, respect yourself.
    The male is a domestic animal which, if treated with firmness, can be trained to do most things

Man, I dated a Pentacostal girl once. When she wasn't busy being a religious freak, she was a bedroom freak. Then her parents found out she was dating before she was 18 and freaked the hell out. LOL

Welcome to the real world. People will judge you based on what others think.
    "Well, then," the Cat went on, "you see a dog growls when it's angry, and wags its tail when it's pleased. Now I growl when I'm pleased, and wag my tail when I'm angry. Therefore I'm mad."

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast