+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I wanna commit suicide, seriously.....

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I agree that people might feel better if they were to look outside themselves to see how bad things could *really* be, but I think people who are depressed lose the ability to look outside themselves.

About the wartime art - an interesting bit of trivia is that during WWII, art was indeed produced, even in concentration camps. Terezin was set up as a "model" camp housing mostly Jewish elite, to which Red Cross officials were taken to show how nicely Jews were being treated. Propaganda films showed that Jews were living in decent housing and enjoyed art classes, live theater, classical and operatic concerts, and formal education for the children. (Of course, what they did not show was the regular deportations of Jews to death camps.)

Sorry, a bit off-topic, but I actually taught a class of 7th graders a little about this camp...
    Last edited by vashti; 12-04-07 at 05:50 AM.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Most warzones don't sponsor art camps.

That must be some pretty creepy art.
    Spammer Spanker

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I believe art is always produced during war because as you noted, war time is a time of great emotion, a necessity for the production of art. Even Picasso did some wartime pieces. Here is a link for WWI artwork, some of which was produced by men serving on the front lines. Check out Otto Dix, in particular. Gruesome.

[url]http://www.art-ww1.com/gb/visite.html[/url]

It makes me wonder how much great art we are going to miss out on by medicating all our depressed people. (Selfish, I know.)
    Last edited by vashti; 12-04-07 at 06:44 AM.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

are you 11 years old? what?

If you are, then you shouldn't even be bothering yourself with this relationship stuff anyways. go out with your guy friends, enjoy life.

he's not 11. unless they start school at age 1 in Australia.

90% of good art happens just because the person who makes it likes to draw/paint. No deep shit feelings, maybe just some statements.

Feelings are not art, unless everyone are artists.
    Don't expect anything.

anachronistic Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by boobaa View Post
    90% of good art happens just because the person who makes it likes to draw/paint. No deep shit feelings, maybe just some statements.

Feelings are not art, unless everyone are artists.
    it's stuff like this that makes me want to post the painting i did of my grandma's funeral. art CAN BE BUT IS NOT LIMITED TO emotions and feelings. a lot of my art is based off of emotions and feelings. a lot of my art is also based on creative thoughts and dreams. but no matter what, the way i feel while i'm making the art affects the way it looks when it's finished (ie colors, expressions and everything else)

your statement is partially correct.

in my case it's a ration of 6/4=emotion/ideas

Every drawing is not art, lilwig. Some drawings and paintings are just expressions that actually doesn't mean much anything outside your head. You one of those self claimed artists?
    Don't expect anything.

my art is based on emotions, in combination with what looks cool. I think most art is influenced by emotions and feelings.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiay View Post
    my art is based on emotions, in combination with what looks cool. I think most art is influenced by emotions and feelings.
    Great art is, I think, or at least is emotionally inspired...

anachronistic Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by boobaa View Post
    Every drawing is not art, lilwig. Some drawings and paintings are just expressions that actually doesn't mean much anything outside your head. You one of those self claimed artists?
    no. people appreciate my work. i've been asked to display works of art at public events, as well as invited to contests. not only that but i'm going to college to study art.

its funny cuz when u look at it you have the sympathetic ppl who know what its like to be so in love with someone that when it finally gets ****ed up you dont think teher is anyone out there for u and u just wanna die. On the other hand u have the ppl who don't really give a shit so they can't understand how u can let a girl do that to u. Me I don't wanna to kill myself but i can understand how when an amazing girl turns u down or whatever u end up feeling mad alone (for me anyways I am on my own and dont live with any family or anything) but for real u just need time and be patient I think that patience really is everything whne it comes to true love because u definitly can't force anything! Sorry u feel so shit but life goes on and there are a lot of girls out there and believe it or not some of them are actually mad chill! LOL peace and gooday! oh and art is whatever u wan it to be... SEX is my paintbrush and the bed is my canvas!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12