+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Virginia Tech Shooting

Gribble is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    You're right. A bomb could wreck devastation.

[url]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bath_School_disaster[/url]

And a college student might have the know-how to make a serious bomb. Okay, I give you that. But making a bomb and planting it requires forethought, planning, and time. Most killings with firearms are emotional, spur of the moment things.

anachronistic Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by bluesummer View Post
    No shit people kill people. But why give them a better method to do it with?

PS A few of these killings have been by kids who steal their parents legal weapons (conveniently loaded!) stored in unlocked cabinets.

I stand by my conviction that people who own guns are paranoid hicks. There is no reason to own one unless you hunt. Period.
    what about law enforcement, military, and all that other shit?

not only do i hunt, but i target practice. shooting a gun is actually fun and target shooting is a recreational activity that many people enjoy. you know what else is fun? airsoft and paintball.

what if a burgler/murderer/whatever breaks into your house? suppose this person is armed? this is another reason to own a gun.

anachronistic Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Gribble View Post
    You're right. A bomb could wreck devastation.

[url]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bath_School_disaster[/url]

And a college student might have the know-how to make a serious bomb. Okay, I give you that. But making a bomb and planting it requires forethought, planning, and time. Most killings with firearms are emotional, spur of the moment things.
    yea... these spray-bullets-everywhere-and-take-everyone-to-hell-with-you shootings are pretty spur of the moment, while bombs take a lot of time, but believe it or not, there are people like me that aren't insane and own guns.

once again, these people have access to a gun that is not their own/is illegal.

anachronistic Guest
    if everyone owned a gun, do you think there would be shootings everywhere, or everyone would be afraid to shoot?

what if a bullet costed $5000?

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by bluesummer View Post

Screw the goddamn right to bear arms.

I agree with you. The right to bear arms is contingent upon belonging to a militia (which would be the equivelent of the military nowadays). Screw this so-called "right".
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by vashti View Post
    I agree with you. The right to bear arms is contingent upon belonging to a militia (which would be the equivelent of the military nowadays). Screw this so-called "right".
    Are you suggesting you agree with everything the military does?

Do they completely reflect everything you believe in?

****. No.

Time and time again, history has proven that the government will abuse it's power when given the opportunity. Who is the gov't run by? People, people love power, people will abuse it in a second so long as they can come up with justification for it. The military protects itself first, the government second, and the people last.

That's just how it is.

I don't even know why I'm bothering arguing with you guys, as it's fortunate things are more in my favor than they are in yours. So lemme buy myself a gun so I can fend you whackjobs off when you try to take it away with your billy clubs.

And Gribble- You're a smartass.

anachronistic Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Frasbee View Post
    So lemme buy myself a gun so I can fend you whackjobs off when you try to take it away with your billy clubs.
    LMAO

you only want a 22 right? you should get something a little more powerful.

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by lilwing View Post
    LMAO

you only want a 22 right? you should get something a little more powerful.
    .22's are cheaper, better for ****in' around with.

Maybe later I'll buy somethin' with more kick.

I'd invest in a G3A3. I held this baby at a gun show. It was way more balanced (for me) than the AK-47. At least a 1,000 dollars though. Takes. 7.62 which is definitely more expensive.

anachronistic Guest
    .22's are cheaper, better for ****in' around with.

Maybe later I'll buy somethin' with more kick.

I'd invest in a G3A3. I held this baby at a gun show. It was way more balanced (for me) than the AK-47. At least a 1,000 dollars though. Takes. 7.62 which is definitely more expensive.
    try a legal m14 (legal m14s have the switch to fully auto removed) the one i have was given to me by a gift of someone who was in vietnam.

the g3a3 is pretty nice. don't settle on one gun until you've tried many different makes. have you tried any shotguns?

edit

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    try a legal m14 (legal m14s have the switch to fully auto removed) the one i have was given to me by a gift of someone who was in vietnam.

the g3a3 is pretty nice. don't settle on one gun until you've tried many different makes. have you tried any shotguns?

edit
    Yeah, I've fired shotguns. I just prefer the precision and range of a rifle.

I'm turning 21 soon though, I was thinking about maybe grabbin' a handgun too.

I love the police reaction, "DUH DUH DUH DUH I THINK I WILL JUST STAND HERE BEHIND A TREE WITH MY ASSAULT RIFLE AND THINK ABOUT DONUTS."
    "Why are you an atheist?"
    "because I paid attention in science class."

I'm with Gribble, Blue and Vash on this one. We're a first world nation and we aren't going to be held hostage by our government. We don't need firearms, they never result in a happy ending and they allow for tragedies like this to happen. Look at Japan and Europe. They don't allow civilian owned firearms and they're doing just fine.

Oh, and don't turn this thread into a place to brag about the instruments that caused this horrific incident.
    People are bastard coated bastards with bastard filling

it doesn't matter what kind of gun laws we have. crazy people will always get them if they really wanted. i don't like gun laws. sometimes the law just can't fix things.
    baby ya hustle. but me i hustle harder.

Gribble is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Yeah, please make a separate thread to discuss guns. I own them myself, despite my stance on this, and I wouldn't mind talking about them, just not here.

Even if you had cause to take up arms against a rogue government, guess what, you wouldn't stand a chance against a modern military. Read up on the Ruby Ridge shootout and you'll get a taste of what happens when the government goes apeshit and civilians try to stand up against it. It doesn't end pretty.

I don't know if it's gun laws or what, but I do know that the US has something like 5 times as many crimes per capita as the UK. Maybe we ought to, I dunno, look into that, figure out what it is they're doing right, maybe make a few changes. But what do I know, I'm just some apathetic schmuck with an overactive libido.

i heard about this at work.

every time i hear about something like this, people blame guns. guns don't kill people. PEOPLE kill people. the gun is just the object used to kill someone.

if it wasn't a gun, it could've been a bomb, knife, a rock, anything that can be used to harm someone.

i own several guns. i own a ]rifle[ as well as a p230 (which is a hand gun) and i don't think about killing people. guns are not easy to purchase. you have to have a carrier's license to own a hand gun legally (and in a lot of places, hand guns are illegal)

ever notice how most of these killings aren't "dumbass backwards hick people", these are people who gain access guns illegally/that they don't own.
    Thats a really stupid comment. Guns don't die, people die. And there's no way in ****ing hell a guy can run down a campus with a knife and kill 32 people with it. Have you ever heard of a high school knifing where a kid in Europe stabs 15 classmates to death? Neither have I, because thats a stupid ****ing defense.

If you want to defend weapon rights, make sure you never make the following retarded two arguments, ever:

1) People kill people.
    2) They'd've used X instead, where X is not a gun.

There are intelligent, logical ways of defending gunrights that aren't trite little sayings for five-year olds. When you figure some of those out, then post.

Because if I wanted to, I could assemble my own closet full of guns.
    Would you take your closet full of guns to school with you every day in case a psycho wants to kill you? Is the solution to gun violence that everyone walks around with a gun? Cause if it is, it seems really ****ing stupid to me.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast