+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Butterfly Effect

I thought that movie was great when I saw it in theaters. Interesting story, some shockers and twists, and Ashton actually ACTED a serious role, compared to goofy characters. Plus at the time it made my ex grab my leg and arm during tense scenes, so good times. ;-)

For those who have seen the directors ending on dvd, is it worth renting to see just that part? Is it like a 30 second difference? Can anyone explain without spoiling it for those who haven't seen the new ending? Were you more satisfied with the theatrical end or new ending?

On a side note, the movie kinda reminded me of the Halloween simpsons episode where homer makes the time toaster and keeps messing up something everytime he goes back in time. lol.
    3 out of 2 people have problems with fractions.

LMFAO ! I saw that episode of the simpsons ! BRILLIANT ! lol - my favorite one was when he cme back and everything wa sperfect except for no one knew what a doughnut was so he goes back in time to change it again and Marge says "look. its raining again" and there is doughnuts falling from the sky !!! I laughed for an hour on that one. LOL

But about the movie - I never seen the theatrical ending, but now that i have found out there is a difference I will have to give it a look tonight. I will tell you how much of a difference there is tomorrow.

I prolly wont be like telling you what is different, I will just say if its worth the time to check out or not.

I will say this tho - the directors cut ****ing got to me. I never cried that much in my life.

Got the DVD layin' somewhere in my room.. !! Gotta watch it!

The Directors cut ending is a 3:36 difference. But I think it's worth it. It makes more sense, and has more of a.....well, can't tell you, you gotta watch it!

"Don't let your memories kill you"
    I express my emotion by shooting things....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12