+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Heading to the UK!

Why the change? Also, how much is it to study here in the UK for you?
    Live together. Die alone - [url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lvi_RCM3FAM[/url]

I just wanted a total career change. I like the UK Masters programs because they're so intensive. Literally, 9 months of taught curriculum with a 3 month dissertation. Going to cost roughly $30K in dollars. That's really not bad considering it includes tuition and living for a year.
    There are some things you just can't explain with the word... fate. You're just going to have to see it with your own eyes.
    - Taura

Quote Originally Posted by Ath View Post
    I just wanted a total career change. I like the UK Masters programs because they're so intensive. Literally, 9 months of taught curriculum with a 3 month dissertation. Going to cost roughly $30K in dollars. That's really not bad considering it includes tuition and living for a year.
    You're right that ain't bad. But does that include food? If not, expect to pay a alotta' dough, especially in London. Everything is so over-priced. Especially the nightlife. Like last time I went clubbing I was paying 7.50 for a double shot. Which is bout' 15 bucks roughly (if you 1:2). But at the end of the day, it isn't just your masters, its an experience too.
    Live together. Die alone - [url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lvi_RCM3FAM[/url]

It didn't factor in food or any life outside of studying.. lol

Guess I need to! But either way.. an experience definately!
    There are some things you just can't explain with the word... fate. You're just going to have to see it with your own eyes.
    - Taura

Where you from?

Quote Originally Posted by Spencer
    Converse, you are exceptional value on this forum.

Good Old Alabama

...with a banjo on my knee
    - Taura

Lol well lets do a swap, you come to the U.K and I'll come to the states!

Quote Originally Posted by Spencer
    Converse, you are exceptional value on this forum.

My friend is study at Sheffield and she loves it there! In fact she doesn't even want to come home this year for the holidays and has got a placement there. Went to visit her awhile back an its pretty awesome in Sheffield, riding the Trams can be great fun.

Seriously don't recommend studying in London though, it’s unbelievably expensive to live there or to do anything. Also travelling anywhere in London can be absolute nightmare with all the traffic.

Don't really know much about the other cities you mention, but hope you find somewhere good. Know it can be really expensive studying abroad, so I hope you really enjoy your course over here and have a great time.
    "Every once in a while, declare peace. It confuses the hell out of your enemies."
    -Rule of Acquisition 76.

hi
    I live in London. what exactly are you planning to do and which unis have you gone for?
    Im happy to help if theres anything I can do.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12