+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: marriage age

Just out of curiosity, lots of you have said that you have been/are getting/know people who are divorced. What was the reason for the break-down of the relationships?
    This may be a bit nosy, but I'm just curious.

erm,..for this i think it is up to individual ba...if they are mature enough to think about what will be in the future to them or the life they choose to live together and not for the purpose of say married cos they feel they love each other very much must wrong thinking as in failing to plan for it....too rush i think it will ends up.....

Quote Originally Posted by fakebloodisfun View Post
    Just out of curiosity, lots of you have said that you have been/are getting/know people who are divorced. What was the reason for the break-down of the relationships?
    This may be a bit nosy, but I'm just curious.
    there are alot of reasons in it...example
    1) communication = this between both of them this is important without this think it will ends very fast this also help to understand each other too =x
    2) mutual trust = if what ever either party doing you never trust same thing will happens
    3)respect = if you wish someone to respect you you must learn to respect others first
    4) willingness to share, give, take and forget = there may be mistake joy surprise anything under the sun that will happens

well i may be wrong but this is what i feels no offends i hope

Quote Originally Posted by vashti View Post
    If it takes you to the age of 45 to be independent, then you should wait until you are at least 50 to be married.
    Not at all by then.
    "Why are you an atheist?"
    "because I paid attention in science class."

I was not qualified to choose a life partner in my early 20's. Nor was I qualified in my late 20's, as can be clearly seen by anyone who meets my ex-husband.

Now I am flinchy and underconfident about the whole marriage thing in general.

I think I'll just leave it at that. I have nothing helpful to add.
    Last edited by Gigabitch; 16-05-07 at 12:11 PM.
    Spammer Spanker

bluesummer is offline Whatever.
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    No one should get married until they've learned to be happy with themselves as individuals, are independent, and have accomplished some of their personal goals in life. Too many people get married to use their partners as a crutch to fill the empty 'gaps' in their life.

When there's no gaps to be filled, you are ready to be married. A partner is not there to complete you, only complement you. Whatever age that occurs for you at, is when you are ready. Realistically, I would say for most woman you're looking at 28+, and men probably over 30, maybe even mid thirties.
    Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever. - Mohandas Gandhi

bluesummer is offline Whatever.
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    May I add I have no intention of getting married until I have accomplished said things, and met someone who thinks the same way. So I may not be getting married for a long time, if at all.
    Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever. - Mohandas Gandhi

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    What if marriage is your goal.

well I believe the age of marriage is up to the person's maturity, I mean if the person is really sure what he/she expects from a marriage and sure that he/she found it, then I think it can happen in any age, since the main reason that kills the marriages is uncertainity of people. People just go and marry without knowing even what they expect and when they see things won't work like that they decide to divorce.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady View Post
    well I believe the age of marriage is up to the person's maturity, I mean if the person is really sure what he/she expects from a marriage and sure that he/she found it, then I think it can happen in any age, since the main reason that kills the marriages is uncertainity of people. People just go and marry without knowing even what they expect and when they see things won't work like that they decide to divorce.
    yes there are this people out there but dun you think it abit like child's play?it best to think of and knowing want you want before doing any decisions..

yeah what I try to explain from being sure of what you expect from a marriage was knowing what you want like if you are sure what kind of a partner you want for the rest of your life then you have a plus to able to keep the relationship, some people just marry without even knowing what they want and when they discover they don't like this and that eventually they notice it is just not what they want.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady View Post
    yeah what I try to explain from being sure of what you expect from a marriage was knowing what you want like if you are sure what kind of a partner you want for the rest of your life then you have a plus to able to keep the relationship, some people just marry without even knowing what they want and when they discover they don't like this and that eventually they notice it is just not what they want.
    that why love is blind...if they married without knowing what they want = divorce in the end
    having sure of what they want or knowing what they want and both will alway keep that in mind = maybe happy married

applies to what ever you are doing right?=x

Quote Originally Posted by bluesummer View Post
    No one should get married until they've learned to be happy with themselves as individuals, are independent, and have accomplished some of their personal goals in life. Too many people get married to use their partners as a crutch to fill the empty 'gaps' in their life.

When there's no gaps to be filled, you are ready to be married. A partner is not there to complete you, only complement you. Whatever age that occurs for you at, is when you are ready. Realistically, I would say for most woman you're looking at 28+, and men probably over 30, maybe even mid thirties.
    LoL, once I am and have all those things I don't NEED anyone else in my life. A relationship is supposed to support you through the hard times.
    "Why are you an atheist?"
    "because I paid attention in science class."

Marriage is like a phone call in the middle of the night. First the ring, and then you wake up.

I can't remember who said that first, but it's funny as hell.
    Spammer Spanker

Charlie Boy II is offline Registered User
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    OV - In so many respects you seem to know **** nothing.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast