+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What's Happening?

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I am resisting the urge to correct the grammar and spelling of the original post Zarathu-style.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Gribble is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Elementary schools don't teach grammar. That's part of the problem. I remember my English 101 professor told us on the first day that he didn't expect us to be able to craft a proper sentence, much less write an entire essay. And it's true. I was a TA very briefly. If you think the stuff people write here is bad you should see some of the essays I graded. It was shocking. College essays and these kids couldn't spell (for ****'s sake, hit the damn spellcheck button, jerkoff), they had extremely limited vocabularies, and many of their sentences made no goddamn sense. It seemed as though some of those kids took handfuls of scrabble tiles, hurled them at the wall, and proceeded to record whatever came up.

Quote Originally Posted by vashti View Post
    I am resisting the urge to correct the grammar and spelling of the original post Zarathu-style.
    Hah! You and me both. But I'm trying not to be an asshole. Tired might report me!

anachronistic Guest
    i'm good at spelling words, but bad with punctuation and the order of words in a sentence.

german is so much ****in' easier. you guys haben keine Gedanke.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Gribble View Post
    Elementary schools don't teach grammar. That's part of the problem. I remember my English 101 professor told us on the first day that he didn't expect us to be able to craft a proper sentence, much less write an entire essay. And it's true. I was a TA very briefly. If you think the stuff people write here is bad you should see some of the essays I graded. It was shocking. College essays and these kids couldn't spell (for ****'s sake, hit the damn spellcheck button, jerkoff), they had extremely limited vocabularies, and many of their sentences made no goddamn sense. It seemed as though some of those kids took handfuls of scrabble tiles, hurled them at the wall, and proceeded to record whatever came up.
    You mean your professor didn't make your whole class do "peer editing" before they turned in papers? I thought that whole experience was a complete waste of my time, but I can certainly see how it helped the professor.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Gribble is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    We peer edited a few of our papers but it really didn't make much of a dent. I was in a class of about thirty. Maybe five of us could write well enough to accurately correct other people's work. And I think out of ten+ papers we only peer edited maybe three. I don't know why.

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Gigabitch View Post
    I just bought some herbal supplements to support my moody ass. Poor Cali Boy doesn't deserve an evil witch for a girlfriend. I'll let you know if they help.
    He might as well get to know that side of you as well if it's so keen on rearing its ugly head.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Hey, Giga - be careful with those herbal supplements. They interact with a lot of medications, both prescription and non-prescription.

Quote Originally Posted by Gribble View Post
    It seemed as though some of those kids took handfuls of scrabble tiles, hurled them at the wall, and proceeded to record whatever came up.

Damn, that's how I was planning on accomplishing my dissertation.
    There are some things you just can't explain with the word... fate. You're just going to have to see it with your own eyes.
    - Taura

Ok i think i get the picture that people don't like it i think i will start typing in full i only use it well i'm at work as it's easier but i guess i chouldn'y it just means i can't do as many post as i do
    Life is like a dick. When things get hard, **** it.

Quality over quantity please...
    Love...The anti-drug.

Get addicted now,because an overdose on love is perfectly legal!

Ok i'll keep that in mind

Quote Originally Posted by Miss hotty View Post
    Ok i think i get the picture that people don't like it i think i will start typing in full i only use it well i'm at work as it's easier but i guess i chouldn'y it just means i can't do as many post as i do
    Wow..............
    "Why are you an atheist?"
    "because I paid attention in science class."

Quote Originally Posted by vashti View Post
    Hey, Giga - be careful with those herbal supplements. They interact with a lot of medications, both prescription and non-prescription.

I don't take any medication. I hear your warning, though.

I'd like to report that the herbal supplements are really impressive. Now all I have to do is remember to keep taking them.
    Spammer Spanker

Quote Originally Posted by Only-virgins View Post
    Wow..............
    Wow what???

Someone I knew at Uni was training to become an English teacher and they did this placement working as a teacher's assistant.

She told us the following story - "The first day I taught the class the kids were mucking around the whole time and not listening. So the teacher told them off and told them they had to write me a letter of apology for behaving so badly."

Then she read out the letters of apology... and seriously I couldn’t believe some of the grammar and spelling it was that bad. It was hilarious!!

EG- "Dear techer asistent, we year sorry for beheving bad and not listen in you class. So we rite this lettre of sorry to you. We now we shudunt have dun it and we try and be better. Thank u for tring to teached us. "

Ok, ok.. so it may not have been those words exactly but you get the idea, it was ridiculously bad.

Anyway, at the end I asked - "So how old were they?"
    She said – “Year 9”
    I’m like -“What? 9 years old?”
    She said – “No. Year 9, so about 13-14.”

Amazing isn’t it... but not surprising really if they were never paying any attention in lessons and always messing about.
    "Every once in a while, declare peace. It confuses the hell out of your enemies."
    -Rule of Acquisition 76.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast