+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My Knee is Fúcked Up

DoesntMatter is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by zro View Post
    dont feel too bad, i have had 5 shoulder dislocations and 27 broken bones by now and i am only ****ing 23... i heard cotton wool is comfy
    How?!?

(more characters)

Quote Originally Posted by vashti View Post
    I think the cracking may indicate a problem with the bones, but yeah, see your doctor. If he questions whether you are having pain when your knees are cracking, fire him because he is an idiot.

zro - OUCH! Are you particularly accident-prone, or maybe just reckless? I have never broken a bone in my whole life.
    well 8 of those broken bones was when i was run over by a motorbike and i broke my leg three times playing soccer, but all the rest were self inflicted - i have the bone structure of a ****ing female and (sometimes) the mind of an idiot like starting a punch up with guys twice my size and as you can guess i got the beating i deserved

the shoulder dislocations were from boxing, needed surgery on my left

you are lucky or smart for never breaking a bone

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Neither lucky nor smart - just afraid of pain, so I avoid situations that might cause it!
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I think I might've fractured my thumb while playing some floor hockey in gym, guy brought his stick down right on it. It hurt for a while, and there was a bump, but it's cool now...

EDIT: Otherwise, I've never found a good reason to get in a brawl.

I feel like I'm missing out on something.

Probably seen too much Fight Club.

Plus, my glasses are a deterrent. These things cost 300 bucks.
    Last edited by Junket; 23-06-07 at 01:02 AM.

I had problems with a knee too. It was cracking and hurting when I was walking or running. Doctor said it was because of over-exercising. I went to swimming pool about a month and it recovered. Water helps with problems related with bones. And take more calcium to strenghten bones.

Consult a doctor first.

I've had the similar knee problem. The doctor said that some bursa muscle has not fully developed and is in odd position. It was some connector that makes some bumps in your knee when developed correctly. Usually these type of things do not occur on older people but even I with 16 years of age was an exception. It grew so painful that I couldn't walk for 3 days... So I started doing some stretching exercises after that and it got better. But the doctor said that bicycling is not good for it, which I do almost every day in summer...
    Last edited by boobaa; 26-06-07 at 07:24 AM.
    Don't expect anything.

Tone Guest
    Fras I use to have the same type of pain in my left knee that you described.

Do you stretch?

I wasn't stretching properly then I'd workout and the next day it would really really hurt when I walked up stairs, or when I got up out of a seat and put all my weight on my knees.

Now that I take the time to stretch properly a couple times a day and before every workout - I don't have ANY pain anymore.

Stretching is SO important and can help prevent a lot of injuries.

Not sayin it's goin to fix your problem, but if you're not doin it - it certainly will help.

I don't jog either, because it's bad for your knees. Instead I take long walks and I walk fast.

what's up with fras' knee?

so, is cracking always bad? my bf's back cracks when he does yoga.

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Vash, do you still have the link to that site I sent you about 'Where's your knee pain?'. I can't find it...

(hi Tone baby!)

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    [url]http://www.mckinley.uiuc.edu/handouts/overusekneeinjuries/overusekneeinjuries.htm[/url]

I actually lost it, but found it again. Hope it helps, Frasbee. Indi sent this to me when my knee problems started up.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

*Moved to off-topic discussion*
    "Invest wisely and have money work hard for you"

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    My knee strangely, has felt better.

I got x-rays, but haven't called about a follow up. Do I have to do that? I wasn't sure if they would.

I still gotta be careful with it, but otherwise, it's definitely been worse.

Quote Originally Posted by Frasbee View Post
    My right knee has been bothering me for about a year now.

Was an on/off thing before, like after strenuous activity, like running or jumping. Almost nothing when I'm walking.

I can feel some kind of strain underneath the knee cap when I try to put alot of weight on it, say when I'm going down stairs and step down with my left foot, leaving all the strain on the right. It feels like it wants to give out.

This past week it's been chronic. And quite painful. If I sit for a little bit, the knee will want to "crack" when I straighten it out. I've been trying not to crack it, but it feels like it hurts more if I don't crack it. But I feel like I might be wearin' somethin' out by constantly doing that.

I set up a doctor's appointment for Monday.

I went to a bike shop to pick up a mountain bike for leisure and a cheaper way of getting around. I took a test ride, my knee felt a little weird with the cycling motion, but it didn't hurt. Decided not to throw down $400 before I find out what the doctor says about it.

I'm 21.

This is some shit right here...
    i have a similar condition except its on my left leg knee. i have a 1.2 cm bone growth about 5 inches from t he knee cap above it. it developed as a scar when i fractured my bone while skateboarding or something with that nature.

definately see a doctor if anything goes on... they will most likely send you to rehab or reccommend some exercises to strengthen the knee.

stretch your legs.

stretch a lot the back and front of your legs.

be careful with your knees they're very fragile.
    baby ya hustle. but me i hustle harder.

I used to have knee problems but the doc said it was growing pains, I do get ankle and leg pain but that's due from standing up for 12 hours at work.

Quote Originally Posted by Spencer
    Converse, you are exceptional value on this forum.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12