+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Tattoos

Quote Originally Posted by miSSleepy View Post
    where are you thinking of getting it? what is it? how big?
    I havnt really decided. If I were to get it I would thinnk of getting them on my forearms. I dont know what type or what size (its in its infancy right now. I just want to think hard on it as I know once its on its quite expensive to remove with laser surgery).
    I want a girl who likes to talk. ......I just dont know what to say sometimes and would rather just listen.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Henry123 View Post
    I havnt really decided. If I were to get it I would thinnk of getting them on my forearms. I dont know what type or what size (its in its infancy right now. I just want to think hard on it as I know once its on its quite expensive to remove with laser surgery).
    If you choose to get a tattoo, just be careful about where you put it. I don't know what line of work you plan to do, but some professions frown upon them. (I wouldn't be able to work in our local hospital if I had a visible tattoo.) You might want to consider putting it higher up on the arm.

On the other hand, if you work in the music industry, no problem...
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

You make a good point Vashti. I wouldnt want a tattoo to restrict my career choices.
    I want a girl who likes to talk. ......I just dont know what to say sometimes and would rather just listen.

You make a good point Vashti. I wouldnt want a tattoo to restrict my career choices.
    same here so dont do the forearms youll regret it i know this 100% sure

also the size my opinion is a man should have a big tattoo again my opinion i think it looks a bit girly if you need to

i got mine as you see on the pic on the shoulders havent regretted it

nd so im going to take the next step japanese ink nd method with what looks like a painting brush with short metal hairs manually verry slow nd more painfull(why? extreme bright colors twice the normal thing)

and yes machos say it doesnt hurt WELL IT DOES mine took around 10 hours in two days also after youll need some recolloring to get the spots away

first thing i thought when they started on me...

crap this is more painfull then i thought ahhh well its to late now endured nd loving it every day

oh yea nd dont go out the night before lool as you make an appointment you could sit there with a hangover VERRY BAD IDEA

also for the colors the skin doesnt accept the colloring aswell as someone who hasent drunken anything for a week

but after youre done you ll want some beers

greets nd good luck eXeSSum
    Last edited by eXeSSum; 03-11-07 at 06:47 PM.
    A dying man once said, i do not know if life or death will be better... for love was more than them together.

Illusional is offline different state of mind
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    it think this also depends on where you live and it's cultural acceptance. being tattoos are a big thing here in hawaii, many people have an arm or sleeve band. i think within fedex, our state is the only one that tolerates tattoos that can be seen, but i could be wrong about this. nonetheless, i have seen many managers that sport their tattoos, and most people think nothing of it.

on the flip side, i would think that many people also look down upon tattoos because of the stereotypes that comes along with it.

just to be safe, i would get it on a place that could be covered up.

raverboy
    ...this is just my perspective on the situation...

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Something interesting I learned about tattoos this week (for the females):

When you go into labor to give birth, there are an increasing number of anethesiologists who will not give you an epidural if you have a tattoo on your lower back. Trust me when I say that is VERY bad news.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    that's something new to me. i question why this is so... ??

raverboy

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    It has something to do with puncturing through skin with ink in it... my instructor thought there was some sort of problem with the ink being deposited in the spinal cord.
    You also can't get an MRI if you have been tattooed with a certain kind of ink.

Quote Originally Posted by eXeSSum View Post
    same here so dont do the forearms youll regret it i know this 100% sure

also the size my opinion is a man should have a big tattoo again my opinion i think it looks a bit girly if you need to

i got mine as you see on the pic on the shoulders havent regretted it

nd so im going to take the next step japanese ink nd method with what looks like a painting brush with short metal hairs manually verry slow nd more painfull(why? extreme bright colors twice the normal thing)

and yes machos say it doesnt hurt WELL IT DOES mine took around 10 hours in two days also after youll need some recolloring to get the spots away

first thing i thought when they started on me...

crap this is more painfull then i thought ahhh well its to late now endured nd loving it every day

oh yea nd dont go out the night before lool as you make an appointment you could sit there with a hangover VERRY BAD IDEA

also for the colors the skin doesnt accept the colloring aswell as someone who hasent drunken anything for a week

but after youre done you ll want some beers

greets nd good luck eXeSSum
    The back shoulder tattoo looks ok. I am thinking of how shoulder tattoos would look like. I definatly avoid a forearm tattoo then and also small tattoos.

Quote Originally Posted by vashti View Post
    It has something to do with puncturing through skin with ink in it... my instructor thought there was some sort of problem with the ink being deposited in the spinal cord.
    You also can't get an MRI if you have been tattooed with a certain kind of ink.
    I guess the ink most be pretty toxic then?

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    i don't think that guys should get small tattoos. they are for girls because they look so cute.

raverboy

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I guess the ink most be pretty toxic then?
    Some colors and brands have metal fragments in them, which is a problem with MRIs because they are basically a gigantic, powerful magnet.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    and presto.. *poof* what once was your tattoo is just now one giant blog of nothing.

raverboy

That sounds gruesome.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    hell yeah, i wouldn't want my tattoo ending up in one big blog... that's both a waste of time and money. not to mention that it's also probably irreversible.

raverboy

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast