+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: I have my first date in 3 years, lol.

Gribble is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Actually, from what I've read it's outright illegal in China.
    God, so atrocious in the Old Testament, so attractive in the New--the Jekyl and Hyde of sacred romance.
    -Mark Twain

If people are good only because they fear punishment and hope for reward, then we are a sorry lot indeed.
    -Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Gribble View Post
    Actually, from what I've read it's outright illegal in China.
    Exactly,give me one nation where its an insult?

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Japan is the country that comes to mind off the top of my head. Do a search on google and you'll find more.
    God, so atrocious in the Old Testament, so attractive in the New--the Jekyl and Hyde of sacred romance.
    -Mark Twain

If people are good only because they fear punishment and hope for reward, then we are a sorry lot indeed.
    -Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Gribble View Post
    Japan is the country that comes to mind off the top of my head. Do a search on google and you'll find more.
    Thats strange Since I'v been there and I have left a tip.

I did a search and found this. Someone saying what you say in a message board. He had got it from another message board.[url]http://forum.gamersblock.net/viewtopic.php?p=6864&sid=f0ca8c03743e5a59fb44dc2d1 ce62e8b[/url]

Just an urban myth. Or it might be an old tradition that have passed cause of western influence.

Quote Originally Posted by Stalin_Skaya View Post
    Thats strange Since I'v been there and I have left a tip.
    How dare you!

Anyway, back to the fact that you're apparently a really shitty tipper, which is the thing that your date is going to notice. What are you thinking? Do you want to come back as a waiter in your next life?
    Spammer Spanker

Quote Originally Posted by Gigabitch View Post
    Do you want to come back as a waiter in your next life?

My Japanese professor has said nothing about tips being an insult, but you're not supposed to leave one. The general reaction would be, "WTF is this for? Crazy foreigners." XD She didn't say it quite that way, but that was the general idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Moonchild View Post
    My Japanese professor has said nothing about tips being an insult, but you're not supposed to leave one. The general reaction would be, "WTF is this for? Crazy foreigners." XD She didn't say it quite that way, but that was the general idea.
    OH GOD! Your' one of those... I should have known cause of your sig.
    From another thread.

" Ever noticed that new Japan trend? People listening to J-pop and want to move to Japan.
    And then they are obsessed with Japanese girls.
    And lets not forget Anime! Its a cartoon for adults that people seem to like, maybe cause they have an underdeveloped mind?

I was forced to go to Japan once. It was a thing for work, and the people where so annoying.
    People in the subway didn't say one thing. I was not allowed into a restaurant cause I was a foreigner. I have traveled a lot and never been discriminated like that.
    And the girls where not pretty little petite things with pretty faces. I never been to a nation where the girls where that ugly. I admit the Japanese celebrities are pretty.

I just want to take a Japan obsessed person and take him to Japan so he will see how racist, ugly and annoying they are.

People that are interested in Japan reminds me of a typical fan to lets say a rock star. One day they might meet him and realize that they have been fantasizing."

I went to the bookstore to get my copy of "American psycho". I decided to ask the woman that worked there out. She said yes and now I have a date.

But I have not done this for 3 years. I have let prostitutes warm me at night. I guess it will be a little cheaper with a girlfriend.
    So I need some updates.

Is it corny to bring flowers? What should I remember? Help appreciated!
    Oh, you are a guy. Sorry, you caught me off guard with the "skaya" thing.

Are you from Russia or an expatriate living somewhere else?

Have you spoken to the girl in the question? Do you know what she likes? If you don't know completely then I guess flowers are the next best thing. It's charming that you find having a gf is cheaper, but if she asks about your relationships in the last 3 years say you've been single, looking for the right girl. Also,
    "American Psycho" is a pretty brutal, misogynistic book that people either really love or really hate. I wouldn't mention it as well if I were you.

Good luck with the date
    Don't cry, don't regret and don't blame
    Weak find the whip, willing find freedom
    Towards the sun, carry your name
    In warm hands you are given
    Ask the wind for the way
    Uncertainty's gone, your path will unravel
    Accept all as it is and do not blame
    God or the Devil
    ~Born to Live - Mavrik~

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Stalin, you brainless bigot. Do something useful and get yourself run over by a bus.
    -Mark Twain

-Albert Einstein

Or run into a knife.

I have to agree with the last two here!
    Gribble and Kiechi both have good points! Lol! seriously tho, Stalin, you're only 20, but you maturity level, is at about 14! I would consider doing a little growing up first, b4 you start dating. and please get yourself tested before having intercourse with a girl you're dating!!! You don't need to be spreading any diseases to innocent victims here!!!

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    You might want to avoid mentioning that your primary source of sexual release is via prostitutes, lol.

Relax, Stalin. Why are you trying to figure out a set of 'rules' about this that aren't You? Just be yourself & see what happens. The feedback you get from the experience will teach you far more than anything you're likely to learn from a book, or an online forum.

OH GOD! Your' one of those... I should have known cause of your sig.

Er... Okay? The signature is from a video game. Many, many video games come out of Japan. Final Fantasy, DDR, and Phantasy Star Online, among many, many others. I'm a gamer first. And I'm more interested in the language and the food than anything else, though I will admit to being involved with the college anime club. Just so you know, I have no intention of going to live in Japan or anything, nor am I obsessed with it, so please don't judge me based on so little information. Japanese is my /minor/. I have two majors. Therefore, by reason, /at least two things are far more important in my life than Japanese/. And based on what little info I gave, I could have just been one of those people taking the language course for credit. Heck, we get quite a few of those. The Spanish, French, and German classes fill up quickly, and a language course is required to graduate. So what picks up those unlucky enough to get a low draw for class selection times? Lower and intermediate Japanese classes.

Computer Science first. Math second. Writing, art, music composition, Japanese, singing... third. Just because someone has a hobby doesn't mean they're obsessed with it.

Now I'm going to quote your quote and show you how little sense it makes in any situation.

"People that are interested in Russia reminds me of a typical fan to lets say a rock star. One day they might meet him and realize that they have been fantasizing."

"People that are interested in politics..."

"People that are interested in cooking..."

"People that are interested in squirrels..."

"People that are interested in Hobbits..."

"People that are interested in the life of a nun..."

"People that are interested in the United States..."

Some people overdo it, yes. But not everyone who eats sushi and tries to learn the language but does not live in the country is a crazy obsessed fangirl/boy with no life or other interests.

...'kay, I'm done. Back to the topic. >>

Moonchild,

Just wanted to say that I like ur sig. very nice

also, don't let stalin bug u, he's just a kid after all. kinda niave, lol.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast