+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What gives you REASON for LIVING!

Stirfry Guest
    My reason to live is to make myself and others happy.

My reason for existence is because people like to make babies... simply put.

Quote Originally Posted by Gigabitch View Post
    Tbh, I don't need a reason. I'm alive. I won't always be. May as well explore it while I can.
    You're right, I'm sure you don't need a reason for living, but I'm positive there are reasons and driving forces in your life, even ones you may not be so conscious to that gives meaning to your existence. So in all essence, we maybe don't need a reason for why we live but there certainly are reasons that we live for.

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Squirrley isn't far off, at least from my perspective.

The REASON I live is b/c I'm addicted to: air, food, water, my son, love, fun & learning stuff. Oh yeah, and heat. Death is cold & I hate being cold.

If I wasn't addicted to all that stuff, I guess I wouldn't much care if I lived or not.

Quote Originally Posted by lilwing View Post
    that's obvious. the question is not the reason why you exist, but rather your inspiration to continue living.
    good point. It still seems odd to me. What if I don't have a reason- does that mean I should just kill myself? In that sense my reason for living is the exact same as every other living thing: to reproduce.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiay View Post
    good point. It still seems odd to me. What if I don't have a reason- does that mean I should just kill myself? In that sense my reason for living is the exact same as every other living thing: to reproduce.
    Everyone has a reason to keep living. Do you go to school, do u date, do you have goals, friends?

Unless you are a vegetal, and even vegetals have a reason, to keep living!
    God never closes a door without opening another one!

These are reasons to enjoy life. Sure, there are things that make my life worth living- I have a daughter, a boyfriend, I take pleasure in activities, but for me, the best reason to live is because I'm already alive.
    Spammer Spanker

These are reasons to enjoy life. Sure, there are things that make my life worth living- I have a daughter, a boyfriend, I take pleasure in activities, but for me, the best reason to live is because I'm already alive.
    Indeed! JUst being alive, it's the best reason to keep living and trying to make the best out of it!
    God never closes a door without opening another one!

anachronistic Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiay View Post
    no, it just means you haven't asked yourself that question, for whatever reason.

Quote Originally Posted by lilwing View Post
    no, it just means you haven't asked yourself that question, for whatever reason.
    I guess I would just phrase it differently; like, "what do you enjoy most in life?" or something. "what's your REASON for living?" makes it sound like you have to justify your existence. heh, Yeah, I did say I was being nitpicky.

Tbh, I don't need a reason. I'm alive. I won't always be. May as well explore it while I can.
    Excatly, you don't need a reason to live if you are alive. It's like asking, what reason does a rock have for being a rock?

Now, "a reason not to die" for me would be that death is boring. Everyone will have plenty of time to go through that.
    Don't cry, don't regret and don't blame
    Weak find the whip, willing find freedom
    Towards the sun, carry your name
    In warm hands you are given
    Ask the wind for the way
    Uncertainty's gone, your path will unravel
    Accept all as it is and do not blame
    God or the Devil
    ~Born to Live - Mavrik~

ive lost all of my reasons, i had em all at one point but lost them all.

Illusional is offline different state of mind
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by DoesntMatter View Post
    I am here to poon noobs, play video games, eat good food, learn things, have fun, make money, enjoy my family and friends, play paintball, ski, give money to the poor, travel, watch movies, piss off the political left and right, cause road rage, collect coins, play with chemicals, do research in a couple years, drink a lot of coffee every morning, watch the news, hate the New England Patriots, have a family, set off fireworks at odd hours, etc.
    you forgot to say drink liquor.. i'm always in need or a drinking partner.

raverboy
    ...this is just my perspective on the situation...

I live for myself son and hubby. I love to watch us all grow and grow apart in the meantime, thats hell. But we get through those nasty times. Just when you feel like you'd rather die than live through the crap that gets thrown at ya, it just makes you stronger.

I actually like living. My life has been up and down like most people, but I do have a lot to live for! Thank God!
    everything happens for a reason...beginning to wonder why.

How did you manage to do that!
    Oh, my! Gigabitch removed the links in my sig!

nice thread btw!

i believe the question 'what is your reason for living'? (with a bit of flexibility) can be approached another way... 'what is it that keeps the wheels of life spinning for you'?

I know it's a bit nit picky like Tiay said above, but i just thought i'd add that for some clarity.

Well, there are two approaches i could take with this question...

APPROACH 1... list all the things in life, oh the wonderful things like the sun and the stars, and the cute little innocent children, and world peace, and unicorns, multicolored cotton candy... and so on... HOW I WISH LIFE COULD BE

APPROACH 2... tell you about the bills, stress, the sometimes lonely hours of the day, the hard work, the reality of everday life. HOW LIFE REALISTICALLY IS

(sorry for the dramatics)

Let's call it a specturm... approach 1 represents 10 points.... and approach 2 represents 0 points...

Ideally, we would all like to be in the 10 point range...

For me, it's always been ups and downs... i go from 2 to 6, back to 1 and sometimes reach as high as 8! because that's what living is... it's about making mistakes, it truly is a journey... and i love every day, week, month, and year of it, i enjoy the challenge of it... that's what keeps my wheels going...

...not sure if i expressed myeslf as i wanted to, hope you got the idea though.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast