+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: online dating tips pleasSE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Only-virgins View Post
    haha sweet. that is what my friend who also goes there always says too. That he owns the place.
    How do you know your friend isn't me?

bluesummer is offline Whatever.
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I've online dated quite a bit, and found it quite preferable to blind dates or meeting freaks in bars. At least you can be picky and find someone that at least sounds sort of compatible. Actually, I met my current bf on there and he is the most amazing man I've ever met! So it goes to show there are good people out there.

As an experienced online dater, all I can tell you is this: be yourself, and be honest. If you cut the shit, people can see the real you and you'll attract compatible types. My prize-winning profile (the one that nabbed my bf) was one that I initially deleted in frustration and then rewrote candidly and honestly. I put a mediochre pic (so as not to give unrealistic expectations), I said I was divorced, and average looking, listed the things I liked to do, my goals, and what I wanted in a partner. Simple, and effective.

The DON'TS:

DON'T post pictures of yourself with other partners. Its just weird.
    DON'T try and play the cocky Rico Suave type role......girls can't freakin stand it. ( And girls, don't act like clueless bimbos).
    DON'T overexaggerate any of your talents or your profession....you're going to get found out eventually
    DON'T give your body measurements....any of them. You know what I mean.
    DON'T get too in depth or personal on your profile. Keep your baggage to yourself for the time being. However, if you are divorced or have children, that is something you need to be 100% up front about.

There's many more, but it's all I can think of for now. If anyone else can think of anything, feel free to add to my list.
    Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever. - Mohandas Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by Kiechi View Post
    How do you know your friend isn't me?
    That would be really ****ed up.

Quote Originally Posted by bluesummer View Post
    I've online dated quite a bit, and found it quite preferable to blind dates or meeting freaks in bars. At least you can be picky and find someone that at least sounds sort of compatible. Actually, I met my current bf on there and he is the most amazing man I've ever met! So it goes to show there are good people out there.
    Sweet, now all they have to be is free.
    "Why are you an atheist?"
    "because I paid attention in science class."

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"

Sweet, now all they have to be is free.
    There are free sites. Try [URL="http://www.plentyoffish.com"]http://www.plentyoffish.com[/URL]

But there IS a huge difference between the ones you pay for and the ones that are free. You can get some cheap ass bums on the free ones.

I met my bf on lavalife, which really wasn't that expensive. The sign up is free, it just costs you to send messages. Mind you, I was only on for under a month when I met him, and he messaged me, so it cost me nothing.
    Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever. - Mohandas Gandhi

There are free sites. Try [URL="http://www.plentyoffish.com"]http://www.plentyoffish.com[/URL]

But there IS a huge difference between the ones you pay for and the ones that are free. You can get some cheap ass bums on the free ones.

I met my bf on lavalife, which really wasn't that expensive. The sign up is free, it just costs you to send messages. Mind you, I was only on for under a month when I met him, and he messaged me, so it cost me nothing.
    It is the entire hassle to pull out a credit card and go through all that to sometimes find out that its just not for you or you can't find anyone there. I'm not cheap but I find something wrong with a services that asks for money just to allow you to message, I mean my space is free right?

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    It is the entire hassle to pull out a credit card and go through all that to sometimes find out that its just not for you or you can't find anyone there. I'm not cheap but I find something wrong with a services that asks for money just to allow you to message, I mean my space is free right?
    Yeah, well I never thought of MySpace, but then again MySpace isn't a dating service, so the person you find might not be looking for your attention. And how do you find someone compatible on there anyway?

Well, I personally don't think that spending $19.99 to try it out is a major expense. You only pay to send an email message the initial time you contact someone, and you only 'spend credits' on people you think are REALLY REALLY worth them. Come on, you probably spend more than that on frivolous crap all the time.

Yeah, well I never thought of MySpace, but then again MySpace isn't a dating service, so the person you find might not be looking for your attention. And how do you find someone compatible on there anyway?

I didn't mean that it can be used for dating, I just mean that it takes the same effort and technology to run it. So what are they charging for in the other sites?

myspace aint a dating site. dumb ass social network. u couldnt use that shit to pick up bitches. with dating site theres a particular scope; interest in dating. myspace a ****ing feeding ground for emos

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I didn't mean that it can be used for dating, I just mean that it takes the same effort and technology to run it. So what are they charging for in the other sites?
    Well, it's usually around $20....like for Lavalife. You can choose to pay more, but I never bothered.

Some sites are ridiculous. Like I heard eHarmony is a couple hundred bucks or something. Same with Match.com.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiechi View Post
    myspace aint a dating site. dumb ass social network. u couldnt use that shit to pick up bitches. with dating site theres a particular scope; interest in dating. myspace a ****ing feeding ground for emos
    Nobody is claiming that it is a dating site. Chill the **** out.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Ok, I lied about eharmony, I just checked it out and it was $20.95 a month.

Ok, I lied about eharmony, I just checked it out and it was $20.95 a month.
    Yea, I know. I just don't think I would spend 0.2c on it. Its the entire billing thing....so pointless.

Don't make yourself sound like a rapist.
    your boyfriend thinks I'm hot

Quote Originally Posted by Babydoll View Post
    Don't make yourself sound like a rapist.
    Damn...............

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12