+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: SCORP: 1 - 10 Scale

Quote Originally Posted by bluesummer View Post
    Nah, there's definitely a 'typical' pretty. Like good looking, but there's a million girls that look exactly like them.

Then there's the girls that are pretty and have one or two standout features....such as exotic eyes, full lips, a huge dazzling white smile, or really thick gorgeous hair. Something that really sets her apart.

I'll take the girls that have ALL the features than ..that would be the 10 no?
    "Why are you an atheist?"
    "because I paid attention in science class."

Pretty just means a girl that looks like a little baby that got sexified.

bluesummer is offline Whatever.
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Only-virgins View Post
    I'll take the girls that have ALL the features than ..that would be the 10 no?

Yes, OV, that would definitely be a 10.
    Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever. - Mohandas Gandhi

And a nine will be with one or two standout features?

So what number will be a normal pretty?

Looks like Scorp will have work cut out for him finding photos of these ones
    Don't cry, don't regret and don't blame
    Weak find the whip, willing find freedom
    Towards the sun, carry your name
    In warm hands you are given
    Ask the wind for the way
    Uncertainty's gone, your path will unravel
    Accept all as it is and do not blame
    God or the Devil
    ~Born to Live - Mavrik~

anachronistic Guest
    As we continue to disagree in what makes a woman beautiful, or a person for that matter, we can conclude that beauty is immeasurable.

DoesntMatter is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Girls look cute in hoodies

Quote Originally Posted by vashti View Post
    He has posted pictures of girls he was interested in... they looked like typical pretty girls with no remarkable characteristics... Pretty basic preferences, really.
    I noted these girls where 8.5 and 7.5 respectively.. and if you remember; which you do.. I actually prefered the much older, 7.5 over the much younger 8.5.. so there are always other factors involved.. this is a looks-only scale..

OV.. yes.. it's a very bitter response.. but not to tackle Vash exclusively.. this is natural of women to do this.. looks are obviously very important.. and they raise this subtle point to try and undermine "looks".. the argument is as follows..

"Who is to say what "pretty & attractive" is anyway? Sure, there are a bunch of women out there which guys think are attractive.. but we all hate these women.. and to us.. they're nothing special.. so let's call their looks "typical".. (again, not to get on Vash's case, let's pretend it wasn't Vash who said this.. this has nothing to do with Vash.. really.. i've heard tons of women through this rhetoric my way).. now, let's just throw out there this artificial truism and say that someone is REALLY attractive.. if they have instead of this typical look, something special about them.. sure she can be fat and otherwise ugly and unattractive, but what REALLY matters is if she has amazing looking hair.. that to me constitutes a 10.. and I don't understand the dumb men that just don't see it and always go for the typical looking girls.. ugh!"

But beating the subtle implications out of this message.. it's easy to see that it's more of a weak attempt at a defense.. rather than a strong and rational justification of beauty and aesthetics.. (again, just to make it clear, this has nothing to do with Vash.. it just so happens that she was the first woman who made this claim.. if it wouldn't be her, it would be someone else..)

I will say this though.. IN ADDITION to the "typical beauty" that beautiful women have.. exceptionally beautiful women ALSO have exotic and/or outstanding features about them that make them notably more attractive..

I'm almost done with 7-9.5 pictures.. still trying to find a couple in between those numbers.. and haven't found a picture of a 10 yet.. I wish I had a picture of the girl from Tampa.. that's a bad habit of mine.. i'm not a camera wh0re.. I know people who take pictures of themselves drinking a cup of starbuck's coffee.. I should get a camera and be more pro-active with it.. But pictures and organized lists comming up soon!
    If you can't stop the Wind, then you can't stop the Storm.

Scorp, I understand what you're saying about bitterness of women towards other good-looking women, but it's not always the case of "I think she's pretty but plain because I feel threatened by her/she's better looking than me".
    I mean, I've come to admit to myself that a few years ago I felt very threatened by the beautiful girls. Mostly because I had reasonable ground: I was excluded at school because I didn't look like they did.
    But now I've gotten a LOT more confident, i lost my thick glasses, my hair is my pride (yes i am one of those with thick,long, wavy, hair that not everyone has ) and I know which feautures to emphasise and which to 'fix' (like my boobs, and I'm not talking surgery, i'm talking clothing styles) ... and guess what? Girls like that don't threaten me anymore. I admire those who I consider to be exceptionally good looking and good people to boot. I think Shakira is geogrous.

However... i do notice the "plain" types. Usually they're the one's with symmetrical feautures, nice hair eyes smile etc ... everything's nice, and they're pretty. But their appearance has no character. I believe that's what Vash might have been referring to.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by miSSleepy View Post

However... i do notice the "plain" types. Usually they're the one's with symmetrical feautures, nice hair eyes smile etc ... everything's nice, and they're pretty. But their appearance has no character. I believe that's what Vash might have been referring to.
    Of course it is. Funny how only the females seem to get this, and that (some) males get defensive about it.

BTW - Shakira IS smokin' hot.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bqeuSWTgtQo"]YouTube - shakira[/ame]
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

no encontre ojos asi como los q tienes tuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu.
    baby ya hustle. but me i hustle harder.

miSSleepy.. let me be honest with you..

I've dated women (and not just me, many other guys I know, and more I don't know i'm sure) that have been well in the 7-10 range.. and those didn't last more than 2,3,4 weeks..

My last serious relationship was with someone who wasn't even a 7.. 3 years! And i'm really glad you notice how important looks are, and what I mean by that is that.. they're not really that important..

I try and tell my female friends this all the time.. and they don't buy it.. but it's the honest truth.. looks are a plus.. but they're not all that important.. seriously.. not aiming to sound cliche'..

The first thing for example that really wins me over is creativity.. Be it music, fashion design, art, poetry, writing, etc.. When I find a girl who's creative, a switch goes off inside of me.. I can feel it.. and I just go wild..

That's one of the many things.. but creativity is definitely powerful for me.. I know my friend Ben really gets turned on by Eastern European & Russian accents.. and Tony loves women who are open-minded, liberal, spiritual, and just full of positive energy (optimisim & passion about life and the future).. To each his own..

So in that respect.. it's no lie at all that looks don't matter that much.. they really don't.. how the other person makes you feel inside is much more important than looks.. for as long as the other person is not completely unattractive and you don't feel repulsed by being next to them.. then you can develop feelings for them..

I know i'm sounding a little contradictory.. but beautiful women will maybe just satisfy you sexually as a guy.. maybe.. that's one level of satisfaction and a very limiting feel-good feeling (personally).. but believe it or not, emotional connection and personal preference satisfaction (such as creativity driving me wild, etc) produces much more powerful feelings and attraction..

And obviously.. women know this.. and that's what they're looking for.. they want a guy who feels that for them.. and isn't looking at them for just sexual satisfaction.. they want to know that they've connected with a guy on that level.. and if you're that type of person.. I don't remember you that well miSSleepy, but I think you definitely won't have an issue in getting a guy to love you for who you are..

Beautiful women aren't really competition, unless they're beautiful AND quality women.. but I guess that's the biggest fear of women.. beautiful quality women.. ACTUALLY my friend Carla sums it best, "A small part of me dies inside when I see an awsome guy fall for a complete idiot b*tch with big boobs and a nice @ss inside a skimpy outfit"
    If you can't stop the Wind, then you can't stop the Storm.

Quote Originally Posted by DoesntMatter View Post
    Girls look cute in hoodies
    Thank god! I thought I was the only one that thought this.

As long as you people agree that character has very little to do with the looks I am ok with it. In-fact (through personal experience only) I have found that ugly women( who I found ugly) seemed to be far more bitter and less interesting in my cases. My best guess was that the life of being looked as uglier than someone else or lonely it would turn them bitter. there is both example in every looks area though. Good looking women can be nut jobs or/and be fun and interesting. Same goes for the less fortunate in the looks department. Guys have to struggle with looks as well, a bit less since men are not as hard on other men about looks as women are on each other.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Only-virgins View Post
    As long as you people agree that character has very little to do with the looks I am ok with it. In-fact (through personal experience only) I have found that ugly women( who I found ugly) seemed to be far more bitter and less interesting in my cases.
    Maybe it's the bitterness that made them ugly.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

looks fade. beauty is on the inside.
    baby ya hustle. but me i hustle harder.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast