+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A flirt or interested?

This is why we take relationships with a grain of salt rather than leap and say "HERE ARE MY FEELINGS, FREE FOR YOU TO USE AND THEN THROW OFF A BRIDGE!"

Experience usually teaches you this. Either that or leads people to suicide.

"Only the Dead have seen the end of War."
    - Plato

true but you have to decide definitely what you can put up with and what you can't.

this guy:
    -plays games
    -is insecure
    -flirts with other women

if she thinks that is still acceptable, then by all means take a gamble, hey we all have faults. but for me, unless he has extraordinarily high x factor/value, i would probably pass him up.

but that's just me.

Quote Originally Posted by lemonade69 View Post
    true but you have to decide definitely what you can put up with and what you can't.

this guy:
    -plays games
    -is insecure
    -flirts with other women

if she thinks that is still acceptable, then by all means take a gamble, hey we all have faults. but for me, unless he has extraordinarily high x factor/value, i would probably pass him up.

but that's just me.
    Actually what he does I don't see as playing games so much as he tries to get attention. The last guy I dealt with truly played games because often he would say things just to get a reaction out of you; say "I miss you" just to hear you say that back to him, etc., whereas this guy just jokes around so you notice him. (like mispronouncing my name. I don't get annoyed by it, I find it funny since he doesn't do it all the time.)

Now, I'd say he is insecure and tries to hide it. But then I'm also insecure on some levels, so I can understand that to an extent.

I really think he takes relationships seriously because while he had a gf he immediately stopped flirting with me and other girls. I'm just worried he might be in "rebound mode" right now and will flirt with any girls around him because of it. I have no desire to become Rebound Girl again.

So maybe I should take Tedel's approach in getting to be friends with him first, and see how that goes? That way I can also let him get through the breakup process...'cause it might not be a good idea to ask him out right now while he's dealing with it.
    Last edited by BrokenPieces; 18-03-08 at 10:56 AM.

Do what you feel is appropriate Of course, we aren't there and we don't know your situation exactly. Actually the friends first thing sounds like a good idea.

But personally, I just really hate the idea of the guy I like flirting with other girls. Maybe I'm too jealous.

There are too many reasons NOT to date someone you work with. I'm sure you're aware of most of them.

You can do better. Really.
    Spammer Spanker

I guess we all tell ourselves that 'we can do better', but personally, I think it is DAMN hard to find someone you feel the sparks for...but maybe that's just me.

I agree, lemonade69. With this guy I feel completely comfortable around him, and whenever we get to talk I find him easy to talk to...which I've never found before in any guy I've been interested in. There's always been some awkwardness.

Quote Originally Posted by Gigabitch View Post
    There are too many reasons NOT to date someone you work with. I'm sure you're aware of most of them.

You can do better. Really.
    I know dating someone you work with really isn't the best idea...That's another reason right now I want to be friends with him and know him better first, though; that way I can guage whether or not it would even be worth it.

Oh yes, the fact that I'm interested in them makes me nervous already, LOL

To update, I no longer need to worry about the problems of dating a co-worker - he doesn't work there anymore. I sent him a message through MySpace asking on it since I wanted to hear from him what happened, but I have yet to hear back since he hasn't been online.

At first I thought this was a bad thing since I wouldn't get to be around him a lot, but maybe it's a good thing since I did have reservations on dating someone I work with. Now the next problem is MySpace is my only form of contact with him. I thought once I hear back from him I could mention that I'm trying to get a group together to see a movie, and ask if he'd like to come...that way it would be more casual, and not be as awkward. Then if we'd end up doing some group things I could see where to go from there. But first I just need to hear back...and if I don't, well, I guess screw that...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12