+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: seattle

bluesummer is offline Whatever.
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by IndiReloaded View Post
    You can drive Vancouver - Seattle in 2 hours?? LOL! I think she means Vancouver, WA. That's close to Portland.

Uh, no.........I mean Vancouver, Canada. I live here, remember. Been to Seattle many, many times. Ok maybe it's a little more....three hours max. Unless you drive like a Grandma and have to stop every 20 mins.
    Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever. - Mohandas Gandhi

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by bluesummer View Post
    Uh, no.........I mean Vancouver, Canada. I live here, remember. Been to Seattle many, many times. Ok maybe it's a little more....three hours max. Unless you drive like a Grandma and have to stop every 20 mins.
    I guess I drive like a grandma then, lol.

It takes us at least 3 hours. Plus, last time we went, the border wait was 1.5 hours. And that was at 11am on a weekday.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

DoesntMatter is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Huh? Canadians that drive slow!?

Seems like everyone on the stretch of QEW in southern Ontario go at least 80mph in every lane

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Plus, last time we went, the border wait was 1.5 hours. And that was at 11am on a weekday.
    Ah, well I live right near two border crossings, and I know when NOT to go. I've never waited more than 20 mins (never take the Peace Arch crossing, and if there's a line, go buy a bottle of water at the duty free shop.....that way you get to cut the line).
    Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever. - Mohandas Gandhi

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by bluesummer View Post
    and if there's a line, go buy a bottle of water at the duty free shop.....that way you get to cut the line).
    Are you kidding me?? This works with a car? OMG, thanks!

And that explains the driving difference, BTW. Its takes us about 30 mins to get to the border from where we live. And yes, I can see the mtns from my backyard, so you've got a good guess where.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Oh hell yeah, it really works.

In fact, thats exactly what I'll be doing tomorrow....going down to do some shopping. If the line is big....I'll just zip into the duty free and buy a bag of chips or something lol.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I found ~$5.50 in Canadian currency in my car picking up my little sister from high school today. I call it funny money

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Not anymore it isn't. Worth as much, or more than the US dollar.

What the hell is going on with that bank that tanked down there? Scary stuff; someone is going to make a dump truck of $$$ when they buy up those mortgages at bottom basement prices...
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    It looks funny

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    All paper money looks funny to me.

Did you know that they stopped making copper pennies sometime around 1980? If you cut one open, you'll see its steel with a copper plating now.

Puts a damper on home-made batteries.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by DoesntMatter View Post
    It looks funny
    I find US money funny. It's all the same frickin colour. I think the US is the only country whose currency isn't coloured. It pisses me off that when I look in my wallet I actually have to pull the bills out to see their denomination.

At least with CDN $ I can look in, see a blue bill, and know it's $5.

Illusional is offline different state of mind
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by tooxshort View Post
    you're just obsessed with someone from Washington!
    c'mon, my wife is in japan.. not washington. or rather i take that back... my wife travels between new york and tokyo quite often.

PM me if you are serious about coming to Vancouver & want more info, Raver. Unless you know ppl in Seattle, I'd def visit Vancouver over Seattle.

Try looking at Westjet for flights. Good airline, decent rates.
    shit i would love to go to canada.. but given that i'm only going to travel for at most, five days, i think that i'm probably going to stay in the states. however, i will start looking for tickets soon and i'll check out that site.

Quote Originally Posted by Gigabitch View Post
    Maybe I'm just a Rock Mountain snob, but I think snowboarding in the NW is a waste of time.

Go out to see live music. That's what Seattle is for.
    live music?? c'mon, i didn't grow up in the 70's... my age is all about raving and clubbing. hahaha...

Quote Originally Posted by Dancer View Post
    If you go to Seattle in December take a picture of the sun with you, that will be all you have to remember it by...D
    c'mon, i live in hawaii. i can see both the sunrise and sunset all in one day while still having a lot of free time to get all my chores and playtime done.

as for seattle and snowboarding, hows mt rainier??

raverboy
    ...this is just my perspective on the situation...

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Illusional View Post

as for seattle and snowboarding, hows mt rainier??

raverboy

I'm sure it's a LOT better than Mauna Kea!

[url]http://www.visitrainier.com/Activities/Winter_Recreation/Downhill_Skiing__Snowboarding/[/url]
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Illusional is offline different state of mind
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by vashti View Post
    I'm sure it's a LOT better than Mauna Kea!

[url]http://www.visitrainier.com/Activities/Winter_Recreation/Downhill_Skiing__Snowboarding/[/url]
    well if you went snorkeling then you'll have seen more of it. however, most of this damn mountain in below sea level.

raverboy
    ...this is just my perspective on the situation...

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I've been to the Big Island. Its beautiful. I love the beaches north of Hilo, Waipio Valley is gorgeous.

Raver, I've only been to Mt Rainier in the summer. Its beautiful for camping & hiking. For climbers, the summit ascent can only be done in the summer months. There's an info station/museum at the top that climbers use as their base. I don't know what winter access is like, but its a National Park, so you should be able to find info online. I'm thinking the skiing may be backcountry, tho you'll have to check.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast