+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: is 19 too young?

bluesummer is offline Whatever.
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by lastwish View Post
    Why wouldn't you be serious with her? What if she is mature for her age and wouldn't tolerate that from any guys? Does it mean there is no way you would commit to her?

People always consider themselves 'mature for their age' but don't really have any concept of what that means.

The 19 year old is just starting out in life, getting an education, getting life experience, figuring out who they are. The older person has done a lot of that already, is starting to move up in their chosen career path and planning for their future (marriage, kids, mortgage, etc).

There's just nothing in common.
    Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever. - Mohandas Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by Gigabitch View Post
    I would say that as a rule, guys in their late twenties don't take 19-year-olds seriously. They just want the physical thing.
    I'm inclined to agree.

Charlie Boy II is offline Registered User
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Kristin was 19 when I started dating her (I was 24). That was really plumbing my lower limits age wise. Anyway I think it does depend a lot on the girl.

When I was 20 I had a "fling" with a 29 year old - nothing sexual, just kissing. Looking back on it, although it was certainly a nice few weeks, I can't see that having worked out, and the fact that we got along as well as we did probably had a LOT to do with the fact that he was still at university, as many 29-year-old Germans are, so he wasn't too much more "in the real world" than I was. I think putting yourself in that kind of situation puts both people at a disadvantage because you're already putting barriers to your ability to understand and identify with each other.

Tedel Guest
    I'm 29 and I have actually gone to a cafe or a karaoke bar with a 19-year-old girl.

I felt two things: She was nice (and pretty) but she still had a lot of things to learn.

That said, I can tell you many men like the idea of starting something with a girl your age and shaping (molding?) their personality according to their liking. This can be harmful for you in the long term, too.

My suggestion is be careful

Quote Originally Posted by bluesummer View Post
    Btw, there's really not a lot of difference between 18 and 19. Come on, it's only a year's difference.
    There is a massive difference with females and relationships! Ones I have come across anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by lastwish View Post
    what does men in their late twenties think about 19 year old females? Are they considered as women or still girls? Is it disgusting to date one of them if you are a mature man?
    My friend Tony is 40.., and he still goes for 18 & 19 y/o women.., Goose goes for younger women too.., but let's not kid ourselves.., the reason for that is just attraction..

What the hell can a 19 y/o girl bring to the table? Potential earnings? Most of the time they're really not ambitious or doing anything productive with their life anyway.., She would make a great mother or wife? Buddy.., she's 19.., so as you eliminate all the other departments in which she's lacking.., the only one that counts for anything is just her looks.. Why else would a 40 y/o man be interested in a 19 y/o girl?

As far as maturity.., that's a gray area.. there are some 18 y/o girls who's mental age is 40.., and some 33 y/o girls who's mental age is 16.., it really just depends on the person.. but in the end.. there's a good reason why such a big age gap is considered to be so taboo..

Best,

GrkScorp
    If you can't stop the Wind, then you can't stop the Storm.

Quote Originally Posted by GrkScorp View Post

What the hell can a 19 y/o girl bring to the table? Potential earnings? Most of the time they're really not ambitious or doing anything productive with their life anyway.., She would make a great mother or wife? Buddy.., she's 19.., so as you eliminate all the other departments in which she's lacking.., the only one that counts for anything is just her looks.. Why else would a 40 y/o man be interested in a 19 y/o girl?
    Most everything is brought on by attraction. I don't care who you are you probably aren't going to approach someone thats 450lbs, dirty, with no teeth, bad skin, etc...Attraction lures you in.

Even a 19 year old girl and a 40 year old man. Maybe the 40 year old man doesn't want kids, maybe the women he's met that are his own age are already set in there ways, maybe they are looking to finally create a family, maybe they are just not as adventurous as a younger chick.

Maybe her career is not stable at 19, maybe shes still in college...but for whatever reason the 40 year old and the 19 year old are both similar people and they enjoy spending time with each other, why is that hard to believe.

They could both be adventurous, they may both like spending time outdoors, both of them are into fitness/athletic, they like the same types of movies, they could both be musicians. Just because your at different stages and ages in your life doesn't mean you can't have a ton in common with a person significantly younger or older.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I've never met a 19 year old I would consider worth dating.
    Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever. - Mohandas Gandhi

19 is too young for someone in their late 20's.

find someone your own age.
    baby ya hustle. but me i hustle harder.

I don't want to state anything about this particular situation, neither do I want to go against "the guys" in this forum but I have to mention that it is common belief that men mature more slowly than women. Usually girls are looking for older guys.

I know a girl she is 17 and just done dating a 25 year old, she said he had the brains worse than a 17 year old she dated before. I think I heard her mention that her 17 year old ex had brains of a 11 year old.

Quote Originally Posted by lovesjoyajm View Post
    When I was 20 I had a "fling" with a 29 year old -
    You tart.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tedel View Post

That said, I can tell you many men like the idea of starting something with a girl your age and shaping (molding?) their personality according to their liking. This can be harmful for you in the long term, too.
    Creepy, but true.

As far as maturity.., that's a gray area.. there are some 18 y/o girls who's mental age is 40..,
    I've yet to meet one of those.
    ...and some 33 y/o girls who's mental age is 16..
    Okay, I HAVE met some of those.

Quote Originally Posted by bluesummer View Post
    I've never met a 19 year old I would consider worth dating.
    Ditto. Even when I was 19.
    Spammer Spanker

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by littlewing View Post

I know a girl she is 17 and just done dating a 25 year old, she said he had the brains worse than a 17 year old she dated before. I think I heard her mention that her 17 year old ex had brains of a 11 year old.

Well, only a desperate, mentally stunted, immature 25 year old man would date a 17 year old GIRL. So that's what she gets for going for guys far enough out of her age range to be considered sufficiently creepy.

I have decided not go for the teacher assistent because I am going for a major in the same department as him. He's just too good of teacher to ruin things. I hope I get him again next year. Probably just going to stay in contact with him.

By the way, I still haven't given up the older man thing. Older man is just too sexy (well..some).

And I agree with GRK..it is about attraction. A huge part of my attraction to him is physical. Tall, dark, handsome, nice sideburns and just with the right amount of muscle. Oh, and the other part is his humour and his sexy british accent. drool.
    Last edited by lastwish; 15-04-08 at 08:17 AM.

Well, shit. Now even I have a crush on him. Good call on the backing off, though. You'll find another one like him someday, one you can play with.
    Spammer Spanker

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast