+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Do Women like Quiet Guys

I would rather be quiet if I don't have anything smart to say. I know people who are constantly trying to get as much people around them as possible and just keep their mouth open... sometimes I can't believe all the stupid sh*t they say.

Same people think that I'm quiet because I am not trying to outscream them... guess it's a weakness of mine that I can't talk in big groups of people, I'm more of a one on one person... and there is nothing wrong with that.

Quote Originally Posted by littlewing View Post
    Same people think that I'm quiet because I am not trying to outscream them... guess it's a weakness of mine that I can't talk in big groups of people, I'm more of a one on one person... and there is nothing wrong with that.
    i agree, i'm definately a one on one person...and i love finding a guy that is too. iv'e dated guys that talk non stop and love groups of people, but in the end i just felt like we were too different because of that. we ended up lacking a connection for that reason alone.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    After getting to know a guy, I often wish he were mute.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

I hate it when a girl has nothing to say, you keep asking
    her questions to get a answer, but you get nothing.
    This drives me nuts

P.S. I can be honest, If I have to be.
    Lying is so much more suspicious,
    and not worth it in the end.

" Nothing is a waste of time, if you use the experience wisely."
    => Auguste Rodin

Dont get me wrong I do have a discussion back and forth with someone. I usually have difficulties finding common things to talk about. I just feel disconected at times.
    Yeah I still like having conversation with talkative people though.
    I want a girl who likes to talk. ......I just dont know what to say sometimes and would rather just listen.

Quote Originally Posted by javagirl87 View Post
    i tend to like quiet more reserved men. because when they DO say things i usually find that i get so much mroe out of them emotionally and it's so much more stimulating. it's more profound and deep and overall a more worthwhile experience. plus i'd rather have someone i can just sit with in silence and feel comfortable around then someone who feels the need to talk ALL the time.

plus a lot of guys i've met that are quieter end up having a better sense of humor because they have more of an "observer" personality and see things a lot of other people dont' in life. they also seem to be a little more artistic.

okay so this is a lot of "seems" and i know it's not always true for everyone. but overall that's why i personally like quiet men, because this is the impression i've gotten from them in my past.

you know what ,I still yet dont know why us certain guys are like that ...but im in a wierd mix when I drink i tend to be life in the party but when im sober im real conservative .observer .idealistic , articular ....dont know why ...its also strange , I in occasions tend to
    spark intrest in real shy women for some reason ...maybe cause it seem like some sort of mystry to me.....hu dunno wierd

I sometimes get this strange stattering feeling in my voice and can't get my words out around people that I've known a long time.
    I keep trying to say words, but i keep stumbling on the same word, as though I'm nervous to ask, which i'm not.
    P.S. I'm trying hard to avoid being nervous, but sometimes my body just won't like me advance or my words aren't clear, which makes me uncomfortable around people when this happens because and it just looks strange.
    Last edited by Kromat; 11-05-08 at 06:41 AM.

=> Auguste Rodin

There isn't a yes or no answer to this because everyone is different. The most important thing is that you surround yourself with people that make you feel comfortable, whether you are talking or not. I consider myself a quiet and shy person but that's only around people I'm not familiar with or if they make me feel uneasy in any way. Otherwise, if I told my best friends that I consider myself quiet and shy, they would just laugh and say, "no way."

Quote Originally Posted by Riboflavin View Post
    There isn't a yes or no answer to this because everyone is different. The most important thing is that you surround yourself with people that make you feel comfortable, whether you are talking or not. I consider myself a quiet and shy person but that's only around people I'm not familiar with or if they make me feel uneasy in any way. Otherwise, if I told my best friends that I consider myself quiet and shy, they would just laugh and say, "no way."

I guess I had concerns of the level of socialbility. I dont want to appear odd.
    I want a girl who likes to talk. ......I just dont know what to say sometimes and would rather just listen.

The best kind of guy has a good balance of being talkative and quiet, and knows when to talk and when to shut up.

just hate quietness in a man, love his being a good listener since i am a talkative myself
    but dont like his being not interested or thinking somewhere else.

Quote Originally Posted by gracerules2007 View Post
    Some women do find quiet guys attractive. Their silence creates mystery.
    But too much silence just creates boredom, and you start to think of excuses just to get out.
    Think of some topics that your familiar with that your partner would enjoy expressing an interest.
    If the topic isn't going anywhere, then me quick enough to change it to something else, don't make it an awkward pause where both of you are just sitting there.

=> Auguste Rodin

No talk then no need with living together, God created us a tongue to use in things rather than tasting and kissing, talking! so why not use it properly enough may be ?

I personally like quiet and shy guys because I like doing the talking in the relationship.

i dont see a one way relationship or talking is proper

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast