+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: how long does it take for a heart to heal?

There is a void inside of you, an empty space thats left after you broke up... you need to fill it up; take on some sport, music... photography is great!

Everything has to be balanced you lose some you win some, focus on what have you won.

Quote Originally Posted by littlewing View Post
    There is a void inside of you, an empty space thats left after you broke up... you need to fill it up; take on some sport, music... photography is great!

Everything has to be balanced you lose some you win some, focus on what have you won.

yea i agree...the issue with that is that i've been trying and nothing seems to work

i've been playing more music and i really want to start photography but my camera recently broke...i've been biking more too by the lake but whatever i do it tends to remind me just of how alone i really am.

nothing really works

Quote Originally Posted by vashti View Post
    I think I heard to expect it to take 50% of the length of time you were together.
    There is no set amount of time. It is all dependent on "you" wanting to get over this person and taking the correct measures to do so.

Will I love my ex to an extant always. Absolutely.

Am I over her? Yes...

6 Year relationship... 3 Months to get over it...

I noticed the biggest help was accepting it, after that it gets much easier. Stop asking yourself "why" or "what did I do wrong" because more than likely it had nothing to do withy you.

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
    There is no set amount of time. It is all dependent on "you" wanting to get over this person and taking the correct measures to do so.

Will I love my ex to an extant always. Absolutely.

Am I over her? Yes...

6 Year relationship... 3 Months to get over it...

I noticed the biggest help was accepting it, after that it gets much easier. Stop asking yourself "why" or "what did I do wrong" because more than likely it had nothing to do withy you.
    the thing i dont' understand is that i HAVE accepted it and i DO want to be over it and let things go...but for some reason my heart still hurts a lot.

this is what frusterates me, is that i've accepted it and want to be better yet i can't seem to make it happen.

Quote Originally Posted by javagirl87 View Post
    the thing i dont' understand is that i HAVE accepted it and i DO want to be over it and let things go...but for some reason my heart still hurts a lot.

this is what frusterates me, is that i've accepted it and want to be better yet i can't seem to make it happen.
    You may tell yourself you are over it, but inside you there is still a possible glimmer of hope, or something that will not let you move on. It is usually a "wanting" to know why, or unanswered questions.

Some say ignorance or naivity is bliss, but sometimes hearing the answers to your questions can be more detrimental than not.

A feeling of rejection or not being wanted is natural after a breakup, but in reality you must believe it was on him to do it, and in reality probably had nothing to do with you, or what you did. If the relationship was worth it, he would have stuck it out.

Keep your head up, use your time contructively, go out with friends and make moves in your life that will make you happier and more positive in your daily life!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12