+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Drinking Age

anachronistic Guest
    I didn't start drinking until I graduated from high school. My father was an alcoholic, and I am a crack baby. I've always feared it, up until that point. It's something about the way the shards of broken bottle glass dance around your peripherals as your father screams in a profane manner about the addictive chemicals that your mother just spilled all over the kitchen floor, when your four. Just something.

I am better than him.

DoesntMatter is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Really though, the drinking age doesn't affect minors from getting alcohol. Just how making marijuana illegal doesn't stop anyone from getting that. So who cares

Illusional is offline different state of mind
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by boobaa View Post
    Exactly. If the age is lowered, the real drinking age is lowered also. And then there would be all kinds of stupid kids drinking.

Shure I had beer wayyyyy before the legal age, but that doesn't justify anything. The thing that bothers me, is that fathers from your culture teach boys how to drink and be a rough man, but never teach how to think.
    haha my culture?? so now you're stereotyping me because i love to drink? typical ignorance.

raverboy
    ...this is just my perspective on the situation...

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I guess I will have to be the only one who has no problem with the drinking age being 21. Do some people drink before that? Of course. Doesn't matter what the legal age is - there will always be someone younger who wants to break the rules.

However I have a big problem with 18 year old kids being allowed to sign up for the military, and I don't think anyone under 18 ought to be driving (frankly, kids are bad drivers).
    Last edited by vashti; 12-05-08 at 09:16 AM.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Gribble is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    What the ****, Boobaa? You're Estonian, right? Your culture revolves around drinking massive amounts of alcohol.
    God, so atrocious in the Old Testament, so attractive in the New--the Jekyl and Hyde of sacred romance.
    -Mark Twain

If people are good only because they fear punishment and hope for reward, then we are a sorry lot indeed.
    -Albert Einstein

Illusional is offline different state of mind
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    kids are bad at driving, but so are the very old people. since they are retired, they can catch the bus.. they have all the time in the world.

raverboy
    ...this is just my perspective on the situation...

DoesntMatter is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by boobaa View Post
    The thing that bothers me, is that fathers from your culture teach boys how to drink and be a rough man, but never teach how to think.
    lmao. Our parents never teach us how to think? My parents taught me the importance of thinking quite well, my mom being a math major and working as an engineer and my dad being an electrical engineer. In fact, engineering is one of Americas greatest strengths, maybe its greatest. NASA, Boeing, Lockheed Martin, Northrop Grumman, Raytheon, etc, all being fine examples. I would love to work for any such company, but degrees in things like physics engineering are needed more in those areas than biochemistry

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Booba has a lot of very odd ideas about Americans and our culture.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Quote Originally Posted by Gribble View Post
    What the ****, Boobaa? You're Estonian, right? Your culture revolves around drinking massive amounts of alcohol.
    Gribble has very odd ideas about Estonians and our culture. How much do you know about our culture? Is our culture in the masses, like yours? Really? What language do we speak? How many times have your culture made a fool out of themselves?

Estonians don't drink massive amounts of alcohol, not at all. This maybe in poorer regions of Russia, but not here in Estonia, which is the opposite. There has always been a conflict between Russians and Estonians.

And maths, sciences, wtf, these are more like skills. Thinking revolves more about how objectively you are able to see whats around you.

But we can leave this talk, basically to sum my ideas up, I agree with vashti.
    Last edited by boobaa; 12-05-08 at 08:32 PM.
    Don't expect anything.

Quote Originally Posted by lilwing View Post

I think it's only a matter of time before government decides how ineffective their laws have become.
    they were never effective in the first place.
    baby ya hustle. but me i hustle harder.

It should be switched. Kids should be able to drink younger and not allowed to get a driver's license until they're 21.
    Spammer Spanker

bluesummer is offline Whatever.
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I agree with Giga. That way the fascination with drinking your ass off has worn off a little.

Just a little, but still.
    Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever. - Mohandas Gandhi

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    [url]http://www.eurocare.org/profiles/estonia/meeting1105.html[/url]
    [url]http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/6957153.stm[/url]

According to pretty much everything I can find, Estonia consumes more alcohol than pretty much any other place near it.

Furthermore, I know many Estonian Americans. With few exceptions they drink quite a bit of beer. They speak Estonian. Which sounds like... nothing else I've ever heard.

And apparently some of them are arrogant fuc ktards such as yourself who like to jump on the hate bandwagon. So kurat to you.
    Last edited by Gribble; 13-05-08 at 02:25 AM.
    God, so atrocious in the Old Testament, so attractive in the New--the Jekyl and Hyde of sacred romance.
    -Mark Twain

If people are good only because they fear punishment and hope for reward, then we are a sorry lot indeed.
    -Albert Einstein

Most of the people drinking themselves to death are russians. North-east, that is where I spent most of my summers. Completely russian area, no jobs at all, people stealing, hopeless.

Quite a bit of beer huh? Of course, beer is good. Are they underage? You know, beer is very respected drink in Europe, and Checzhs do drink more of it, which is not a shame at all. If you consider quite a bit of beer a massive amount of alcohol, then think again. There are a lot, lot, lot worse scenarios. There was a time where half of the Americans did crack, well, we don't have that.

As I said, it is more about thinking, the attitude. The reason why many of people are being arrogant to americans, is because you are quite blind eyed and therefore hopelessly arrogant by yourselves. You were always thinking of you as the winning side and therefore cannot realize the causes of many many things.
    You grow up with your flat screens and GTA games, go into a war with your high tech and don't even realize you have just killed a person who also has his own priorities and understanings, someone to love, maybe even a family. think its all game and having fun, playing soccer in the orange zone and then blaming it on the enemy 'why didn't anyone tell that there is going to be a shooting' while losing half of your crew...

For me, you are like some moslem country, where most of the population is religious nutcases, or just spoiled since childhood. You being that is probably the only reason why i am here -- to reach understandment from both sides.
    Last edited by boobaa; 13-05-08 at 03:08 AM.
    Don't expect anything.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Blah, blah, blah Americans are violent, blah-di-freakin-da. Estonia's got one of the highest murder rates in all of Europe. But it's those pesky Russkies again, huh?
    -Mark Twain

-Albert Einstein

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast