+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: More workout questions for any1 in the know...

Tone Guest
    Why's everyone hating on water.

You gotta stay hydrated.

hate on water till the world runs out of it.
    baby ya hustle. but me i hustle harder.

Quote Originally Posted by bluesummer View Post
    I workout about three to four times a week, I usually give a day in between. I always do thirty minutes of cardio to start. I use machines AND free weights and alternate days for my upper and lower body. I do core/abdominal workouts at every session. My workouts are usually about an hour and a half to two hours (including cardio).

I try and make sure I have a decent breakfast every morning, I make a protein shake mixed with berries and soy milk, banana and greens powder (if you know what that it). I'll usually eat a piece of multigrain toast with a bit of peanut butter. I eat light meals all day, and not in large portions. My water intake, like I said, has been poor (It's hard to drink as much as required, but I'm trying).
    just keep a bottle of water with you at all times

your problem probably lies in your diet or maybe you could try increasing the intensity of your cardio to burn a few extra calories

You could also consider trying bread with double the fiber. It will make you go #2 A LOT more often but it is speeding up your metabolism.

I got double fiber bread by mistake because they were out of double protein which is what I prefer so I just tried it and i pooped like a machine all week, lol. I'm not trying to lose weight but if you were then I'd give that a try.

I eat bread by the Arnold company, u can get a loaf for cheap at walmart....if u shop at a reg grocery store its like $4-$5

Illusional is offline different state of mind
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    well... you're around what?? mid 30's?? keep in mind first of all that your metabolism has dropped since you were in your early 20's. that's one main point.

another is that you can't expect to get all toned in 1.5 months... this takes a lot of dedication and to do a total body transformation, it will takes much longer.

i dunno if you include cardio in your work out, but that's one of the hugest thing that will help you slim down. it sounds insane, but i know of this person who signed up for the marathon and she has gotten a lot thinner due to her training.

raverboy
    ...this is just my perspective on the situation...

Weight training really isn't going to burn much fat. Cardio + diet is where you will see the most gains, or should I say loss.

Turn yourself into a cardio-aholic. Go biking and start racking up the miles. Trust me you'll see the difference, plus it's fun! It's also a lot less impact on your joints compared to running.

I like hills, although it's hard as hell to get up them, the end is always rewarding. Nothings quite as fun as passing cars on a bicycle...lol.

Plus cycling tones those sexy lady legs. And us guys love them toned legs .

As for the whole water argument, your body can only process about 500-750ml/hr. Of course that is taken gradually over 1 hour. Anymore than that is just too much water and will just make you feel waterlogged. Also drinking too much water can be pretty bad and cause serious problems. Here's some info on it:
    [url]http://ezinearticles.com/?Cycling---Hydration-and-Dehydration---Common-Mistakes&id=845304[/url]
    Last edited by 1averagejoe; 07-07-08 at 03:06 PM.

You only need enough water/fluid to keep your urine a normal color. All else is just excreted. Unless your urine is dark in color, you are doing fine.

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Blue, someone just sent me a link about this site. Mbe you'll find it helpful?

[url]http://www.dietitians.ca/public/content/eat%5Fwell%5Flive%5Fwell/english/eatracker/[/url]
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by shh! View Post
    You only need enough water/fluid to keep your urine a normal color. All else is just excreted. Unless your urine is dark in color, you are doing fine.
    my urine is DARK yellow from all the heinekens that i drink... well after a couple gallons of water, everything is back to normal.

raverboy

Alcohol is dehydrating, illusional. That's why your urine is dark.

shh!, that makes no sense. Alcohol inhibits the anti-diuretic hormone which regulates water excretion. His urine should be a lighter color from pissing out all the extra water.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    well you both are correct, and i guess you didn't pay attention to my post. while i'm hanging my urine is always dark because my body is still trying to get rid of the liquor.

after the two gallons of water, my body has reached homeostasis and i'm ready for another night of partying.

raverboy

Quote Originally Posted by NeoSeminole View Post
    shh!, that makes no sense. Alcohol inhibits the anti-diuretic hormone which regulates water excretion. His urine should be a lighter color from pissing out all the extra water.
    If you inhibit vasopressin, the result is diuresis (which is why people have to pee so much when they are drinking). At that point, the urine may light in color, depending on initial hydration levels. Eventually you run out of fluid (dehydration) and your urine is dark. I read somewhere that you lose up to 4x as much fluid when drinking as you take in.
    Last edited by shh!; 08-07-08 at 09:49 PM.

anachronistic Guest
    My best friend from this area was twice my size when I met him. (which is a little over 300 lbs) That was 4 years ago. He gained quite a bit of weight since then. And then last year, he started working at a grain bin, which is very tough farm work. He did that for about a year, and he started preparing his own meals. He's about my size now. I still have about 10+ inches around the waste, and I am more muscular than him, but he's REALLY improved.

Quote Originally Posted by bluesummer View Post
    It's been a few years since I really hit the gym hard, and for the last month and a half I've really committed to it. What I can't figure out is why, after all this effort, have I put on five punds and yet stayed exactly the same size? Is it the whole 'muscle-weighs-more-than-fat' thing? I'm certainly more solid all over....but my clothes size is the same. I'm wondering if it's going to take some time to burn off the fat layer that's covering my muscle?

Anyone who could answer this would help a lot. (Neo?) I'm starting to feel like this isn't working for me, besides making me more solid to the touch. I have a couple of dress sizes to lose, and gaining more weight from working out does not make me feel like I'm moving any closer to this goal.
    I don't get you. Were you really hoping to shrink tiny while doing workout? Now think about it really hard, how do you think this body process goes, think logically. Yes, you do burn body calories, but that doesn't mean those substances will dissapear, no, they just transform into another, muscle. I suspect that after a workout, you feel tired and therefore have a good meal, therefore you may actually eat more than before. But this goes into heavy muscle.

If you want to get thinner, start running. Sitting in one place and pulling some strings doesn't solve anything, your body isn't in use, most of it is vegetating.

Workout is good when you can't keep yourself normal otherwise. Today I worked at the cinema and saw all those fat people (not actually obese, but still), it almost made me throw up.
    Last edited by boobaa; 10-07-08 at 02:28 AM.
    Don't expect anything.

join bodybuilding.com and ask questions....u don't have to be a bodybuilder to use the site, people with all types of goals of all shapes and sizes use the site....its the most informative on the net for exercise and nutrition.

Keeping it short and to the point, your diet makes the biggest difference, and I'd once again suggest the double fiber bread to boost your metabolism a bit.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast