+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Fuuck the Middle East and their oil

after we cut our dependency on oil, then we'll have to start cutting our dependency on food and water.
    baby ya hustle. but me i hustle harder.

Yeah, ****in america, wasters of the world. Bomb yourselves, world peace.
    Don't expect anything.

What's so wrong with spending money on alternative energy research, implementing it, and then other countries start copying us?
    I understand the "we wasted money on this and they copy us without doing crap" mentality.
    But this isn't some science fair project. This is the earth, and making the lives of the present and future generations better. Not to mention the future of our environment better.

anachronistic Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by misombra View Post
    after we cut our dependency on oil, then we'll have to start cutting our dependency on food and water.
    That's exactly what I mean. Then you either die off or live off the land. Most people would die off because they actually depend on that stuff.

Tone Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by zoso View Post
    What's so wrong with spending money on alternative energy research, implementing it, and then other countries start copying us?
    I understand the "we wasted money on this and they copy us without doing crap" mentality.
    But this isn't some science fair project. This is the earth, and making the lives of the present and future generations better. Not to mention the future of our environment better.
    Kudos zoso!

ps>> I love Futurama

Tedel Guest
    We need a Worldwide Energy Saving Program, period.
    Now who's going to start it?

Quote Originally Posted by anachronistic View Post
    That's exactly what I mean. Then you either die off or live off the land. Most people would die off because they actually depend on that stuff.

That is another good reason to cut dependency on oil. Less dependent people.
    Don't expect anything.

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Tedel View Post
    We need a Worldwide Energy Saving Program, period.
    Now who's going to start it?
    [url]http://www.ase.org/[/url]

I'm sure there are others.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

It's quite interesting to spot how we depend on oil in so many ways other than as a fuel for cars. It wont all be solved by new transport alternatives.

To provide a bit of a devil's advocate view about it, the effects of oil scarcity and global warming has not yet reached any critical effects, so by forcing changes to be made in the present is morally repugnant because we are poorer than future generations than can deal with it then when it is actually needed.

In many other ways like plastic bags? I remember the old beginning of the nineties when Soviet Union collapsed, everything was still natural back then.

Oil is not necessary at all actually, its just a lazy way out. btw, do you know that those shiny candy wrappers cost more than candy itself, the basis is made from oil, then there is paint and glue, and this stuff never settles in soil. Thats also the reason why candy is getting smaller and smaller each year.

How can I boycott this world and still live? ****, it makes me angry. Worker class has no other choice but to go with the flow.
    Last edited by boobaa; 10-07-08 at 04:35 AM.
    Don't expect anything.

Tedel Guest
    May I ask what recipients were they wrapped instead, Booba? That's interesting.

And, Indi, thanks for the link. I'll check it out.

Quote Originally Posted by anachronistic View Post
    How about we cut dependence on fossil fuels, let all the human beings without any instincts die, and evolve into mammalian predators, whose carnage will unjustly include cannibalism?
    I was thinking more along the lines of a good theocratic dictatorship after the dependance is cut. With 7 virtues written into law and Religious police to keep them enforced like in Saudi Arabia
    Don't cry, don't regret and don't blame
    Weak find the whip, willing find freedom
    Towards the sun, carry your name
    In warm hands you are given
    Ask the wind for the way
    Uncertainty's gone, your path will unravel
    Accept all as it is and do not blame
    God or the Devil
    ~Born to Live - Mavrik~

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Lipp View Post
    To provide a bit of a devil's advocate view about it, the effects of oil scarcity and global warming has not yet reached any critical effects, so by forcing changes to be made in the present is morally repugnant because we are poorer than future generations than can deal with it then when it is actually needed.
    Stupid argument. I hope you were being facetious. That's like saying you shouldn't be immunized for a disease until its actually rampant. Or that you should only start exercising once you have heart problems & diabetes. B/c future generations *might* have a cure.

And I don't think we can say we haven't reached any 'critical effects' of global warming. Waiting until the tipping point might be too late.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Like I said...lazy people are dependent.

Ride a damn bike. Unless you're commuting some crazy miles, there's no reason not to.

Kill multiple birds with one stone, less gas consumption, less pollution, less congestion on the streets, and reduce obesity.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    We are going to need to do some serious bike commuting to make up for our carbon footprint this year. Air travel is THE worst!
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast