+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: You know what I realized about girls and women

What is remarkable to me is that men are willing to put their mouths on that thing once it's been stretched out like that.

Yay for C-sections!

my friend had a ceserean, and her husband was in the room. With the screen, and everyone telling him not to look, somehow he managed to peek, and he can't believe the way her body was pulled open and he could see inside.

he appreciates her a bit more.

and what if you need stitches, ergh
    Gee..I thought I saw a pussycat. ~PCD

Kids are disgusting.
    Don't expect anything.

Quote Originally Posted by PussyCatDoll View Post
    my friend had a ceserean, and her husband was in the room. With the screen, and everyone telling him not to look, somehow he managed to peek, and he can't believe the way her body was pulled open and he could see inside.

he appreciates her a bit more.

and what if you need stitches, ergh

Both of mine were C-sections... my daughter's birth was videotaped. It's awesome!

What if you need stitches for what? The C-section? You absolutely need stitches! Lots of women need them after vaginal births, too, because their vaginas rip open.

Quote Originally Posted by shh! View Post
    Both of mine were C-sections... my daughter's birth was videotaped. It's awesome!

What if you need stitches for what? The C-section? You absolutely need stitches! Lots of women need them after vaginal births, too, because their vaginas rip open.
    The ripping open of the vagina makes me glad to be a male...

...and makes me love my gf that much more knowing that she wants three.

DoesntMatter is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    What is remarkable to me is that men are willing to put their mouths on that thing once it's been stretched out like that.
    I'd go down on a woman WHILE she was giving birth

Good god, no you wouldn't. You don't know what I've seen.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Good god, no you wouldn't. You don't know what I've seen.
    lol yeah, I know. I just like saying outrageous things to get some good responses

Gribble is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    If I ever actually have children--which I won't--I'd have to have my eyes pinched shut the entire time. Oh god. I know I'd be one of those dads that falls over and faints. Birth is so incredibly disgusting.
    God, so atrocious in the Old Testament, so attractive in the New--the Jekyl and Hyde of sacred romance.
    -Mark Twain

If people are good only because they fear punishment and hope for reward, then we are a sorry lot indeed.
    -Albert Einstein

Vash, not sure why I thought about this right now, but I was curious about what you've seen regarding this:

A patient I had in one of my clinicals is a paraplegic. He has three ulcers, about stage 3/4. They are some of the worst ulcers I've seen... because usually the ones I treat are just stage 1, just about the top layer of skin is gone. This guy had holes, probably about 2.5 inches deep and then they are about 2 inches wide and long... perfect circle. The one on the coccyx is even bigger, about 3 inches deep, and about 3 inches wide and long.

And that's just what I could see... not even sure how many little tunnels there were in there. It takes about 5 Aquacell pads and some gauze to pack those wounds up. Have you seen any ulcers that big?

Yes, and they aren't even especially rare, I'm sorry to say. Lots of patients coming in from convalescent care have really nasty pressure ulcers. I also did a rotation in a trach facility where all the patients were quads. The most recent admits usually have big ulcers on the coccyx, too.) The good news is that they have eaten through the nervous tissue by the time they are late stage 3 - stage 4, so the patients are actually in less pain than they are with stage 1 or 2.

I was actually thinking of specializing in wound care, but they don't have any courses in California... I am going to have to consider going out of state if I want to go that route.

Have you had any MRSA post-debridements yet? I had a woman who had all the tissue down to the bone removed from her entire calf and round through the heel. It was awesome the way they were getting the tissue to regenerate.
    Last edited by shh!; 18-07-08 at 07:34 AM.

Yes, and they aren't even especially rare, I'm sorry to say. Lots of patients coming in from convalescent care have really nasty pressure ulcers. I also did a rotation in a trach facility where all the patients were quads. The most recent admits usually have big ulcers on the coccyx, too.) The good news is that they have eaten through the nervous tissue by the time they are late stage 3 - stage 4, so the patients are actually in less pain than they are with stage 1 or 2.

I was actually thinking of specializing in wound care, but they don't have any courses in California... I am going to have to consider going out of state if I want to go that route.

Have you had any MRSA post-debridements yet? I had a woman who had all the tissue down to the bone removed from her entire calf and round through the heel. It was awesome the way they were getting the tissue to regenerate.
    No, I'm only in the second quarter of my LPN year. I'm going to work for a year as an LPN while I take some prerequisites before getting into my RN program. I'll do that then work in ICU for about two years and then go into CRNA school.

How many quarters is your LPN program?

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Go to NY vash! Go to NY!!

How many quarters is your LPN program?
    Four.

I hate quarters because I'm having to absorb a shitload of information in only 2.5 months. It wouldn't be so bad if it wasn't for the fact that it's mostly medical. Taking tests out the ass.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12