+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Anyone else here hate Canadian truckers?

bluesummer is offline Whatever.
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I don't think it's a matter of being overly-aggessive. They won't ticket you for going ten over the limit, so why wouldn't you? I think slow drivers are sometimes just as dangerous....they're not keeping up with the traffic flow, and often panic.

Then there's those old people drivers that are just on another level altogether. Ugh. If they can't see over the steering wheel and they can't do the speed limit, take their licenses away. There's lots of lovely seats on public transit or in cabs.
    Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever. - Mohandas Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by bluesummer View Post

Then there's those old people drivers that are just on another level altogether. Ugh. If they can't see over the steering wheel and they can't do the speed limit, take their licenses away. There's lots of lovely seats on public transit or in cabs.
    Old woman two days ago while trying to park on my neighbors drive way thought she would make it and backed up onto the grass ruining his entire lawn lol, she walked in like nothing happened...they still have not even hosed off the dirt on the drive way.
    "Why are you an atheist?"
    "because I paid attention in science class."

one time my friend and i were driving on I 10 through texas and we were in this crazy snow storm in the middle of the night. the road looked like a tunnel lined with white from the snow. texas gets crazy storms.

anyway while my friend was driving 5 miles per hour to avoid getting off the road, this truck flies by us like the weather were sunny and clear. i was pretty sure for a minute that me and my friend were going to die right there. we swerved but luckily there was room on the side of the road and we were going too fast.

i think he was trying to avoid a road closure.
    baby ya hustle. but me i hustle harder.

Tone Guest
    That's funny you say that, most everyone I've ever known from Texas I've had to explain to them what snow is!

Or they tell me how if they do get like an inch of snow the whole city shuts down, schools are closed, shops are closed... people drive 10 mph everywhere.

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I don't drive in the snow, either.

I drift through it!

(-sigh-, I miss Philly)

Quote Originally Posted by Tone View Post
    That's funny you say that, most everyone I've ever known from Texas I've had to explain to them what snow is!

Or they tell me how if they do get like an inch of snow the whole city shuts down, schools are closed, shops are closed... people drive 10 mph everywhere.
    hey we don't know what to do about that stuff down here.

people in the mountains do though boyyyyyyyyy they're shoveling themselves out the door in the winter.

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by shh! View Post
    I think it may be a regional issue. I think people in Massachusetts are extremely aggressive drivers, for example, which is saying a lot considering I live in the land of drive-by shootings. I've seen people get out of their cars screaming and throwing trash at other cars in Mass. that are stopped at red lights. Very common is extreme tailgating, cutting people off, weaving in and out of traffic at high speeds, etc.

I don't know about Ontario drivers, though.
    Truth. Boston is so bad there is even a book published about it. Its called 'The Boston Driver's Handbook' and is a spoof of the actual drivers handbook you study from to pass your drivers exam.

'Beat the Guillotine' was my personal favorite to observe. If you are clueless, here's an explanation:

[url]http://everything2.com/e2node/beat%2520the%2520guillotine[/url]

Oh, and as for Ontario drivers, its b/c Toronto is the centre of the universe.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Only-virgins View Post
    Old woman two days ago while trying to park on my neighbors drive way thought she would make it and backed up onto the grass ruining his entire lawn lol, she walked in like nothing happened...they still have not even hosed off the dirt on the drive way.
    Just for you, OV:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HhWmiF5affU"]YouTube - Worst parking ever[/ame]
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

anachronistic Guest
    Where I live, I am usually the only person on the road. The interstate over here isn't even that busy. I like it like that.

DoesntMatter is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    These are some REAL snowstorms! All from Buffalo

I had some absolutely AMAZING pictures I took during 1 huge fuccking snowstorm when I got stuck at my aunts place for 3 nights and 4 days, but they are on my other computer

storm coming in!

I love California.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Snowstorms are so much fun though vash. I love them. When I got snowed in at my aunts place, one of the neighbors was planning on having a block party, and even though there was more than 6 feet of snow in the street, people managed to condense it in a path down the middle so everyone went to the party despite the entire city being shut down. I was like 12 and they were letting me have the booze, lol

I'll stick to beach or pool parties when all the guests show up in bathing suits.

Besides, they were only giving you booze to keep you from freezing to death.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Naw, they were giving me booze so they could beat me at pool and darts!

... and because that is how good neighbors are in Buffalo

i've never seen any snow like that in all my life.

but i bet it's nice for when you don't want to go to work! snow days are the best!

last year we got a huge snow storm on valentines day. beautiful.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast