+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Single and Lonely

start with an eye to eye contact...make her feel so attractive that u just cant get your eyes off of her..then smile..if she responds...then that should give you enough confidence to come up to her and start talking...
    Last edited by nejie; 13-08-08 at 11:49 AM.

I used to feel like I was an ugly freak for pretty much my entire life up till probably last year. Pretty much all through high school and before that, I was a geek. Always teased on, called ugly, weird, dork, etc. It really screwed my self-esteem up. Still am a dork but I really don't let it bother me.

I've learned to carry myself with confidence. From talking with people and approaching them, to even a simple hello or a conversation about something completely random. When it comes to approaching a cute girl, just act as if she's ugly. Most girls will find it attractive and easier to talk to someone who doesn't look at them as being some beautiful idol. It shows them that you have confidence, which is attractive. They also just want to be talked to like a normal person. Most people really don't want to bother trying to talk to someone who is shy and can hardly speak.

I do believe that rejection is the greatest fear or also the fact that what do I do next when you have been publicly embarrassed? I mean sometimes I feel that the girl is just so mind blowingly good looking that I do not stand a chance unless im Brad Pitt or some footballer. I would not say that I am ugly so why do I get this feeling when trying to interact with girls!

Maybe because you haven't dated for a while?

Papsy, I believe you're not ugly. Otherwise, you wouldn't have had a 3 year long relationship.

Btw, every boy who's not sure about his appearance can send pm me with his pic and I'll let him know what I think about his appearance.

Another thing which I dont know if other people have experienced is when I was at a petrol station the other day, and another time when I was driving back from work. This pretty girl looked at me, I just smiled back, being shy I guess we both looked our seperate ways. Then she smiled at me again when we was leaving, she was with her mum and and her mum was filling fuel. Oh it so made my day, I could not stop smiling I felt so good, as though I was on top of the world. Then the other day I was driving back from work and this pretty girl at the traffic light looked over and she smiled, I smiled back and then she looked away and from the corner of my eye, she looked back at me as I turned to look at her I noticed her blushing, again I felt on top of the world! Any explanation!

Quote Originally Posted by Citycat View Post
    Maybe because you haven't dated for a while?

Papsy, I believe you're not ugly. Otherwise, you wouldn't have had a 3 year long relationship.

Btw, every boy who's not sure about his appearance can send pm me with his pic and I'll let him know what I think about his appearance.
    Are you saying that ugly people can't have relationships that last past three years?
    I don't chase, I replace.

No, I'm not. Don't put words in my mouth.

Quote Originally Posted by Papsy View Post
    Another thing which I dont know if other people have experienced is when I was at a petrol station the other day, and another time when I was driving back from work. This pretty girl looked at me, I just smiled back, being shy I guess we both looked our seperate ways. Then she smiled at me again when we was leaving, she was with her mum and and her mum was filling fuel. Oh it so made my day, I could not stop smiling I felt so good, as though I was on top of the world. Then the other day I was driving back from work and this pretty girl at the traffic light looked over and she smiled, I smiled back and then she looked away and from the corner of my eye, she looked back at me as I turned to look at her I noticed her blushing, again I felt on top of the world! Any explanation!
    It's perfectly normal and it happens to everybody.

Quote Originally Posted by Citycat View Post
    If ugly people can have three year long relationships, how does this comment of yours make any sense?

I wasn't putting words in your mouth. I was taking what you said and putting it into context.

I meant that there is something pretty about him that made that girl be with him, and once the next girl sees the same thing or more in him, she'll be with him. I wanted to boost his confidence and tell him not to be afraid of approaching girls. He concurred one heart before, so he should be able to concur one more, shouldn't he?

When the OP mentioned "ugly," he was mentioning physical appearance, hence the mention of Brad Pitt in the same sentence. That's why your comment was so ambiguous.

Sometimes people are genetically fit or eager to put in the effort to get fit.
    Cravings sometimes take over and your wondering what you have done and will anyone like you.
    No matter how you look, you have to show everyone that you have the confidence to approach or join in a conversation without hesitating and let it be natural.
    Most people are single and lonely, because they don't express themselves and are shy about the others expectation.
    You don't need one liners to start conversations with a girl, just talk about something of your interest that will grab her attention and then branch off into different ideas when they come up from the current subject.
    Last edited by Kromat; 16-08-08 at 02:00 AM.

" Nothing is a waste of time, if you use the experience wisely."
    => Auguste Rodin

Hi there, you are right about being confident going up to them and simply talking about something generic and trying to branch off onto something. If I meet a pretty girl and we do get talking about anything how can I try and tell her that I would like to carry on the conversation rather than just her saying that she is busy and we walking our seperate ways, i mean trying to get her number without her thinking im just after one thing? Thanks

Papsy - if you are scared of approaching a girl why don't you use a reputable online dating website.?

Hi, I have never really thought about the dating website thing, is it something that a lot of people do? Will i get to meet someone who i really like on there, also why does it cost to have a profile and things on there? I think that is a bit silly of paying for love! What do you reckon?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast