+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Moving on "too fast"

Gribble is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I don't believe in love. At least not in the traditional Western sense.
    Last edited by Gribble; 18-08-08 at 08:43 AM.
    God, so atrocious in the Old Testament, so attractive in the New--the Jekyl and Hyde of sacred romance.
    -Mark Twain

If people are good only because they fear punishment and hope for reward, then we are a sorry lot indeed.
    -Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Gribble View Post
    I don't believe in love. At least not in the traditional Western sense.
    That makes sense.

So, what is your definition of love then?
    I don't chase, I replace.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I don't know. I'm not entirely convinced that it exists. I'm speaking in terms of romantic love, of course.

I mean, take the seminal western love story, Romeo & Juliet. Boy meets girl. Boy gets a raging hard on. Boy marries girl and has sex with her the very next day. Follow it up with a lot of superfluous tears and self-destruction. It's infatuation fueled by lust. And that, I think, is what love truly is. Infatuation and lust. Pure and simple.
    Last edited by Gribble; 18-08-08 at 09:03 AM.
    God, so atrocious in the Old Testament, so attractive in the New--the Jekyl and Hyde of sacred romance.
    -Mark Twain

If people are good only because they fear punishment and hope for reward, then we are a sorry lot indeed.
    -Albert Einstein

I don't know. I'm not entirely convinced that it exists. I'm speaking in terms of romantic love, of course.

I mean, take the seminal western love story, Romeo & Juliet. Boy meets girl. Boy gets a raging hard on. Boy marries girl and has sex with her the very next day. Follow it up with a lot of superfluous tears and self-destruction. It's infatuation fueled by lust. And that, I think, is what love truly is. Infatuation and lust. Pure and simple.
    Love, to me, is far more emotional. It goes way beyond infatuation and lust. It's not just a physical thing.

It's hard to explain especially since everyone has a different definition. I like The Notebook as a love story more than Romeo and Juliet.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    That bubbly feeling of warmth that seems to radiate from your heart, the one that makes you think all's right in the world when you look down into her half-lidded eyes after a perfection session of love-making?

And the telltale traces of it as you talk on the phone or catch a whiff of her perfume on your pillow?

Bah humbug.
    -Mark Twain

-Albert Einstein

That bubbly feeling of warmth that seems to radiate from your heart, the one that makes you think all's right in the world when you look down into her half-lidded eyes after a perfection session of love-making?

And the telltale traces of it as you talk on the phone or catch a whiff of her perfume on your pillow?

Bah humbug.
    I can't wait until you meet a woman that is able to actually get you to feel love.

I try to spend a few weeks by myself, getting back into fulfiling my own needs, back into shape if I have to and just enjoying being single while I have the opportunity when it happens. I tend to view being single as a rare chance to exercise personal freedom. Is that moving on too fast or not?
    Don't cry, don't regret and don't blame
    Weak find the whip, willing find freedom
    Towards the sun, carry your name
    In warm hands you are given
    Ask the wind for the way
    Uncertainty's gone, your path will unravel
    Accept all as it is and do not blame
    God or the Devil
    ~Born to Live - Mavrik~

Quote Originally Posted by Mishanya View Post
    I try to spend a few weeks by myself, getting back into fulfiling my own needs, back into shape if I have to and just enjoying being single while I have the opportunity when it happens. I tend to view being single as a rare chance to exercise personal freedom. Is that moving on too fast or not?
    It just depends on the type of relationship you were in. If it was just a normal relationship, then that's normal. If it's a serious relationship that was pushing marriage or if it was an engagement, that's moving on way too fast. I don't define moving on as finding a rebound relationship. I define moving on as being completely over the person you were with.

anachronistic Guest

Have you ever met someone that you just simply enjoy being around? Someone you enjoy listening to and talking with? Someone that would reciprocate the nice things you do for them?

Of course you have. Those are friends.

Have you ever met/seen someone that you were really attracted to, gave you a raging boner by the sound of her voice, or maybe the way her hips shake when she walks?

Of course you have. That's lust.

Combine the two and you have romantic love. Well, love is the affection that grows between the people...

I'm not sure if there's much else to it. Anyway, if you are in love with a person... if you spend enough time with them, it will be hard for you to move on when the time comes. Just the way it is. Human emotional attachment is a sad, sad thing.
    Last edited by anachronistic; 18-08-08 at 09:57 AM.

10+ years

Well...my ex, lol.

Besides the fact that she was cheating on me with I'd guess about 2-3 guys. She was seeing another guy about a week after we broke up. That didn't last long. About 2 months later she was dating a not so close friend from High school, that lasted about 2 months. They broke up, she was seeing this other guy about a couple weeks later, that didn't turn out well. Now she's back with the guy that was a not so close friend from high school.

So I guess too fast really depends for some people...lol. So far I've been single for about 7 months. I think last month I had finally honestly gotten over everything. Being single really isn't bothering me as much because I'm really enjoying myself this summer, with work and with training on the bike. I feel like I've accomplished a lot, I also feel like I have A LOT more confidence in myself. Of course there are those times I really wish I was with someone, and I'm not going to lie, the emotions, the thrill, the rush, it's fun. Now just to find someone that will let me take them out on a date.

Quote Originally Posted by 1averagejoe View Post
    Well...my ex, lol.
    Besides the fact that she was cheating on me with I'd guess about 2-3 guys. She was seeing another guy about a week after we broke up. That didn't last long. About 2 months later she was dating a not so close friend from High school, that lasted about 2 months. They broke up, she was seeing this other guy about a couple weeks later, that didn't turn out well. Now she's back with the guy that was a not so close friend from high school.
    She sounds like a tramp to me.
    "Why are you an atheist?"
    "because I paid attention in science class."

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12