+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: If there were no such thing as STDs...

Charlie Boy II is offline Registered User
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    No you said "anyone using a condom to not get an STD is stupid," a truly sill remark. It's like saying anyone "using a motorbike helmet to protect your skull is stupid," just because some people on motorbikes are still killed or suffer brain damage even while wearing a helmet. Except its sillier because, like I said, as long as it doesn't break condoms are 100% effective against blood-borne diseases like HIV.

Anyhow, your new claim that condoms are "primarily to prevent pregnancy" is manifestly false. It's used for BOTH pregnancy and std protection. And while there are a variety of alternative methods of birth control, condoms are really the only mechanical form of protection against diseases we have.
    Last edited by Charlie Boy II; 18-08-08 at 03:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Boy II View Post
    No you said "anyone using a condom to not get an STD is stupid," a truly sill remark. It's like saying anyone "using a motorbike helmet to protect your skull is stupid," just because some people on motorbikes are still killed or suffer brain damage even while wearing a helmet. Except its sillier because, like I said, as long as it doesn't break condoms are 100% effective against blood-borne diseases like HIV.

Anyhow, your new claim that condoms are "primarily to prevent pregnancy" is manifestly false. It's used for BOTH pregnancy and std protection. And while there are a variety of alternative methods of birth control, condoms are really the only mechanical form of protection against diseases we have.
    Whatever.

It's still not a risk I'd take.

I ask again... would you sleep with a woman knowing that she has HIV? The condom will protect you for sure, right?
    I don't chase, I replace.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    haha, "it's still not a risk I'd take". So you'd rather go raw? That's safer?

No I wouldn't sleep with a chick with HIV in case the condom broke, and anyway I wouldn't like the thought of it. But so what? I don't really see how that supports your idiotic, ill-informed statements.

I yi yi, I'm sorry I made such a hyperbole.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    hyperbole means deliberate exaggeration....

Yes, I was exaggerating when I jokingly said that the condom manufacturers would go out of business. I didn't mean to start an argument lol.

haha, "it's still not a risk I'd take". So you'd rather go raw? That's safer?

No I wouldn't sleep with a chick with HIV in case the condom broke, and anyway I wouldn't like the thought of it. But so what? I don't really see how that supports your idiotic, ill-informed statements.
    I'm sure you know me well enough from my posts to know that I'm not out ****ing women just to get my dick wet.

I have sex in relationships. Relationships that have lasted a while. Relationships where the other person has been tested.

Yeah, my idiotic statement. The point of that statement was to show that you're not confident enough in the condom's ability to not always stay whole when you're having sex. Condoms can break. It happens. They aren't 100%. Even a 1% chance at contracting an STD due to a condom breaking is not one I'd want to take.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    what annoys me about Cain's arguments is that they're driven by his moral agenda. They're not grounded in fact, or logic. On the contrary they're grounded on obvious ignorance.

I also have sex only in relationships where the partners have been tested, I still don't see what that has to do with your idiotic statements and I'm not going to argue with you any more. I'm done with you.
    Last edited by Charlie Boy II; 18-08-08 at 03:19 AM.

what annoys me about Cain's arguments is that they're driven by his moral agenda. They're not grounded in fact, or logic. On the contrary they're grounded on obvious ignorance.
    You win.

Condoms are gifts from God. Everyone, go out and **** everyone you can because as long as you wear a condom, you're not going to contract anything.

You put me on ignore once. Feel free to do it again if you don't like what I write.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Cain View Post
    Condoms are gifts from God. Everyone, go out and **** everyone you can because as long as you wear a condom, you're not going to contract anything.
    That, my friend, is what's known as a straw man argument.

That, my friend, is what's known as a straw man argument.
    It's okay.

You win.

I'm wrong.

Always am.

I feel so much better now. I can get pussy without worry of STDs. I sure wish that the others that are infected would have known about this miracle condom.

Gribble is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Asking him if he'd sleep with an HIV positive woman while sporting a condom is like asking him if he'd willingly drive his motorcycle into a brick wall with his helmet on. It's an incredibly stupid question.
    God, so atrocious in the Old Testament, so attractive in the New--the Jekyl and Hyde of sacred romance.
    -Mark Twain

If people are good only because they fear punishment and hope for reward, then we are a sorry lot indeed.
    -Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Gribble View Post
    Asking him if he'd sleep with an HIV positive woman while sporting a condom is like asking him if he'd willingly drive his motorcycle into a brick wall with his helmet on. It's an incredibly stupid question.
    I know.

I was wrong.

You guys were right.

This is the reason I went on my new and improved tangent a week ago. My opinions are based on morality... and they are obviously shit.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Cain View Post
    It's okay.
    I can get pussy without worry of STDs. I sure wish that the others that are infected would have known about this miracle condom.
    A straw man argument is deliberately misrepresenting your oppenent's position to make it seem weaker. I.e. building up a straw man so you can knock it down.

I never said anything like condoms means "we can get pussy without worry of STDs." I would strongly discourage people from thinking of them as some STD cloak of invincibility. As I mentioned, they break and are only partly protective against skin-to-skin infections. But to draw from that, that they're not worth using at all is imbecilic. They are the best we have, at the moment.

If its weaknesses are over-emphasised, as they often are by those with moral agendas like the Christian Right, people are less like to use them at all. Like you don't. People should make a decision as to what level of risk they want to engage in based on the facts. If, on the other hand people limit their sexual activity for religious or moral reasons, or encourage others to do so, they should do it on the strength of those reasons alone. Not by scaremongering.
    Last edited by Charlie Boy II; 18-08-08 at 04:04 AM.

Once again, I never said that condoms shouldn't be used. I said that someone using them thinking that they are being completely protected against STDs is stupid.

I'm not saying I'd never use a condom either. I have. I'm saying that I wouldn't use a condom to prevent against STDs simply because I watch who I sleep with. I only sleep with a person I'm in a committed relationship with and has been tested. I'm not willing to gamble that the condom won't break if she by some chance has an STD.

I've tried to give opinions on people not going out and ****ing everyone they can, but usually my ideas and opinions get tossed to the side. It's funny... not you in particular... but a lot of men, probably most men, will not date a woman that has had 50 sexual partners unless he just wants her for sex but if a guy does that, he's just being a pimp.

Anyways. I'm not saying condoms are a bad thing. I'm saying that people that use them thinking they are being fully protected are stupid. It's those same people that contract something when the condom breaks and don't know they have an STD when they have sex with someone else and spread it.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast