+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: I Prefer Whiskey

anachronistic Guest
    I have been watching myself a little more closely. My friends, I think, are on their way to mediocre alcoholic lives. I have to put distance between myself and them. But I have the occasional beer, because that is my favorite beverage. My resolution for the year is no hard liquor, starting a few weeks ago.

Been concentrating the most on school. This is the most challenging year by far, I barely have time to sit on my kiester and admire the wall anymore.

Trying to make my lover proud, and get what I want out of life. *shrug*

DoesntMatter is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Rum > whiskey

Quote Originally Posted by Cain View Post
    Alcohol helped me quite often when I started to have one of my little depressed moods regarding my break up. I didn't get wasted. I drank enough to get a very nice buzz... probably about 5-6 shots over the course of two hours.
    I went on the piss once after the break up with my ex......a few days previously i had treated him to champagne so i went and got two bottles of the stuff even though i knew i couldn't afford it and got completely and utterly rat-arsed at home listening to love songs....it was a great release....

we Irish have a rep for be able to drink a lot....it's true Americans can't drink....
    Work like you don't need the money. Love like you've never been hurt. Dance like nobody's watching

Quote Originally Posted by ecojeanne View Post
    I went on the piss once after the break up with my ex......a few days previously i had treated him to champagne so i went and got two bottles of the stuff even though i knew i couldn't afford it and got completely and utterly rat-arsed at home listening to love songs....it was a great release....

we Irish have a rep for be able to drink a lot
    ....it's true Americans can't drink....
    ...I can vouch. Damn, can they drink.
    Live together. Die alone - [url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lvi_RCM3FAM[/url]

Quote Originally Posted by Kiechi View Post
    ...I can vouch. Damn, can they drink.
    the English are the only close contenders... although kiechi you're half Irish right?...you'd be a good enough contender...wanna go on the piss?
    Work like you don't need the money. Love like you've never been hurt. Dance like nobody's watching

DoesntMatter is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    we Irish have a rep for be able to drink a lot....it's true Americans can't drink....
    I'm sure you are basing this on experience, rather than some myth propagated by Europeans so they can feel adequate next to their superior American counterparts in at least 1 way, right?

What IS true is that the Irish, much like the Native Americans and Aborigines, are prone to alcoholism. Too bad they can't control their urges

the English are the only close contenders... although kiechi you're half Irish right?...you'd be a good enough contender...wanna go on the piss?
    Quarter My father is half Irish half English. Mother is Filipino. Bit of a mixed bag. Though, guaranteed, I'd drink you under the table anytime (Yes, that is a challenge )
    Live together. Die alone - [url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lvi_RCM3FAM[/url]

Quote Originally Posted by DoesntMatter View Post
    I'm sure you are basing this on experience, rather than some myth propagated by Europeans so they can feel adequate next to their superior American counterparts in at least 1 way, right?

What IS true is that the Irish, much like the Native Americans and Aborigines, are prone to alcoholism. Too bad they can't control their urges
    i was kidding, there are a lot of alchohol problems in all countries...c'mon

Quote Originally Posted by Kiechi View Post
    Quarter My father is half Irish half English. Mother is Filipino. Bit of a mixed bag. Though, guaranteed, I'd drink you under the table anytime (Yes, that is a challenge )
    yey i love a challenge

we can't drink but we can smoke crack! we even know how to cook it!
    baby ya hustle. but me i hustle harder.

Gribble is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I have a feeling an Estonian would drink an Irishman under the table any day of the week.

I went to a dinner party that was being held for Estonians, Latvians, and Lithuanians. You could tell which tables belonged to the Estonians because they were covered in empty booze bottles. Hell, only in Estonia can you buy books with little metal legs in the covers so you can read on a beer-soaked table without ruining the cover.
    God, so atrocious in the Old Testament, so attractive in the New--the Jekyl and Hyde of sacred romance.
    -Mark Twain

If people are good only because they fear punishment and hope for reward, then we are a sorry lot indeed.
    -Albert Einstein

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    What if an irishman immigrates to the United States?

Do they automatically lose their ability to drink?

Gribble is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Frasbee View Post
    What if an irishman immigrates to the United States?

Do they automatically lose their ability to drink?
    Irish are one of those groups of people that can never become American. They're always Irish. Just like hispanics are always either Cuban or Mexican depending on how close they live to Florida and blacks are always blacks.

So no, they maintain their ability to drink just fine.
    God, so atrocious in the Old Testament, so attractive in the New--the Jekyl and Hyde of sacred romance.
    -Mark Twain

If people are good only because they fear punishment and hope for reward, then we are a sorry lot indeed.
    -Albert Einstein

Tedel Guest
    Although I have usually been able to drink large (almost industrial) amounts of alcohol without problems, I am being more careful with drink these days.

My favourites? Pisco (Peruvian national drink, imagine a brandy, but done with the full grapes and not just their skin), vodka and rum.

anachronistic Guest
    I am going to laugh when you shit out your pancreas like a pink sock.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast