+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Tell me something

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Boy II View Post
    Yeah honestly, if I was in the first flushes of a new video game purchase and my girlfriend demanded "when are you going to come f-ck me!" I'd probably ignore her crude advances. And then if she paused the game or turned if off while I was playing I would drop her with a karate chop to the wind pipe.
    I'm probably that way with reading books or working on the computer.. Although.., they're not work-related.., so I guess they're just as bad as video-games I suppose..
    If you can't stop the Wind, then you can't stop the Storm.

Charlie Boy II is offline Registered User
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Well I don't actually play video games myself. But that's a deliberate choice because I get so addicted and waste so much time on them. They're like crack some of those games.
    Is it burnin'? Well, f-ck, now you're learnin'.

Well I don't actually play video games myself. But that's a deliberate choice because I get so addicted and waste so much time on them. They're like crack some of those games.
    That's the kind of willpower that a lot of people lack unfortunately..

If more people would admit that to themselves ahead of time.., like you.., then it would be a much more productive country to live in..

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Why are you blowing smoke up my ass all of a sudden? :eyes scorp suspiciously:
    Last edited by Charlie Boy II; 22-09-08 at 06:44 PM.

23mako, thanks for your input on my situation. I know that he likes to pleasure me before himself because when we do have sex, it's all focus on me. So when we do have sex, it's great.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    nice username by the way.

GrkScorp, thnk you for your advice. I will take it all into consideration. And I don't turn him down all the time because most of the time that he does want to have sex, I'm relieved becasue i've been waiting for him to be ready. But thank you for all of your input!

Why are you blowing smoke up my ass all of a sudden?
    Smoke up your ass???

That was a good thing! VIDEO GAMES ARE BAD FOR YOU!

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    you guys don't have that expression? It means why are you singing my praises all of a sudden

We have that expression. I've heard "wanking", too, but perhaps only from my British friends and the people they associate with.

Quote Originally Posted by ilovepanties View Post
    All day today i have basically been throwing myself at my boyfriend. He didn't react to anything, he would rather play his video game and surf the internet then have sex with me. Why does he do this? And then when i don't want to have sex with him he says, "You never want to have sex." I really don't understand. I need help as to why he does this!
    Perhaps games scratch an itch that nothing else can scratch. Some people go for a walk, some people go surfing, some people play laud music, they all fill a certain gap, they're a fix. Maybe it's best to leave him alone while he's in this mode until he comes out of it on his own.
    Don't cry, don't regret and don't blame
    Weak find the whip, willing find freedom
    Towards the sun, carry your name
    In warm hands you are given
    Ask the wind for the way
    Uncertainty's gone, your path will unravel
    Accept all as it is and do not blame
    God or the Devil
    ~Born to Live - Mavrik~

you guys don't have that expression? It means why are you singing my praises all of a sudden
    Oh..

Don't get me wrong.., I live under the whole.., "take compliments as insults.., and insults as compliments" mentality too..

But in this case.., I didn't say it because I thought you needed the self esteem boost CB.., not sure what that would have to do with one's self esteem anyway..

It's a good thing.. Having a younger brother that's addicted to video games.., and knowing a lot of guys who won't even admit their addiction to themselves.., it's good to hear guys out there realizing how destructive video games really are..

Quote Originally Posted by Mishanya View Post
    Perhaps games scratch an itch that nothing else can scratch. Some people go for a walk, some people go surfing, some people play laud music, they all fill a certain gap, they're a fix. Maybe it's best to leave him alone while he's in this mode until he comes out of it on his own.
    It's a form of coping with anxiety..

You have bills to pay.., or homework to do.., or you have to really get down to thinking what you want to do with your life.., school.., career.., your future.., etc.. It's stressful.., you're uncertain about it.., the task seems daunting.., and so what do most people do?

"Procrastination"

You might hop on the internet.., or turn on the tv.., or listen to some music.., or have some time to yourself and relax.., or play video games.., shopping.. But all it's doing is pushing back what you eventually have to do anyway..

In fact.., a lot of shoppers don't even realize when they're buying things to relieve anxiety.., a quick "feel-good" feeling..

Some more pens.., to feel more organized or prepared.., something for the house.., to feel all stocked up and more comfortable.. They end up at the cashier.., not even realizing that a lot of the things they wanted to buy.., are things they don't really need to buy at all.. (wasted money)

With video games.., seriously.., what are you doing? Starting a game.., that you will eventually finish.., feel the short-lived gratification of succeeding at something.., having mastered a non-applicable skill.. For what? To get to the "top-level"? To get the "best score"? Overlooking what's REALLY going on! You are sitting there.., in front of a monitor.., while in the rest of the world that sits around you.., time is still ticking.., people are still learning things.., mastering things.., bettering themselves.., improving themselves.., making themselves more valuable in some way.., and you are just using all that time.., falling behind.., just to feel some instant short-term gratification and cope with your anxiety..

I don't blame kids.., or adults.., I feel it's the by-product of bad parenting and a poor work ethic..

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Just act like you're never interested in sex, even when you are, eventually he'll begin to wonder and solicit sex from you.

Guys are intrigued by things that aren't readily available.

Quote Originally Posted by GrkScorp View Post
    With video games.., seriously.., what are you doing? Starting a game.., that you will eventually finish.., feel the short-lived gratification of succeeding at something.., having mastered a non-applicable skill.. For what? To get to the "top-level"? To get the "best score"? Overlooking what's REALLY going on! You are sitting there.., in front of a monitor.., while in the rest of the world that sits around you.., time is still ticking.., people are still learning things.., mastering things.., bettering themselves.., improving themselves.., making themselves more valuable in some way.., and you are just using all that time.., falling behind.., just to feel some instant short-term gratification and cope with your anxiety..
    I think it depends on the games. I disagree that people don't master something when playing. Like playing chess the brain is active, it's on the verge of solving something, reflexes are tested, eye to hand coordination enhanced, work on motor skills. Personally I recommend 30 minutes a day to gaming (for good games) in my opinion they do a lot of good (though like everything it needs balance, control is needed so it doesn't turn into an addiction). In my case I balance it out with half an hour on guitar.
    Don't cry, don't regret and don't blame
    Weak find the whip, willing find freedom
    Towards the sun, carry your name
    In warm hands you are given
    Ask the wind for the way
    Uncertainty's gone, your path will unravel
    Accept all as it is and do not blame
    God or the Devil
    ~Born to Live - Mavrik~

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast