+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: HELP! Daughter Way too close to boyfriend!

Honestly, in addition to what indi is saying (absolutely correct), I WOULD be worried about your brother's sexual boundaries. Most child victims know their offenders, and very frequently, it is their mother's boyfriend. For this reason, I don't advocate single mothers dating until their kids are pretty much grown unless they keep them pretty much separate.

Yeah, I'm paranoid, but no one's going to hurt my babies because *I* made a mistake in judgement.

Charlie Boy II is offline Registered User
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Well given my complete and utter lack of experience in this area, I'll defer to the judgement of Shh and Indi.

It's sad though that as a male you feel self-concious around children just because they're so much anxiety about this issue.

I agree. It is sad. It's a very good reason to hate pedophiles... they screw things up for decent men. Also, it seems like men have largely been conditioned to understand women's anxiety about this, and most will keep a respectable distance to protect themselves. The fact that this guy doesn't kind of creeps me out.

EDIT: this reminds me that when my girl was little, she was involved in a father-daughter club where the dads would take the kids camping and on day trips, etc. My husband came home telling me how one of the other fathers was smitten with my daughter. he was flattered. I was appalled and made him promise to never leave her alone on these trips with this man. He should have been smitten with his own kid.
    Last edited by shh!; 13-10-08 at 08:56 PM.

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    When you have kids of your own, CB, you will be happy that your wife is a lioness w/her cubs.

You will also want to break the legs of *any* guys that come near your daughter. You'll see.

Charlie Boy II is offline Registered User
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Yes of course Indi, I know. I understand the anxiety and I'm sure I'll share it once I have a few sprats of my own. It's still sad though

Quote Originally Posted by sg1234 View Post
    Nothing sexual is going on from what I know. Is he capable of doing so? We're all flawed humans.
    Clearly it has crossed the OP's mind that sexual activity is not outside the realm of possibility.

Quote Originally Posted by Only-virgins View Post
    That is what it sounded like to me too.
    Me three.

I thought she meant he might be sexualy inappropriate with the child.
    I want a girl who likes to talk. ......I just dont know what to say sometimes and would rather just listen.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12