+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Drugs may have ruined my relationship

Quote Originally Posted by ecojeanne View Post
    actually lesa, i read from users accounts that heroine is easier to wean off than painkillers and anti-depressants, the withdrawal phase is a lot longer than heroine/crack/cocaine. i agree with lesa onion, go back and try again and this time use the herb skullcap to help with the withdrawal

you still need to see a doctor, coz as far as i know you shouldn't go completely cold turkey as it can be fatal. check with an authority first
    They have detox programs for heroin and cocaine. Going cold turkey on this narcotic won't kill him. In fact, if he goes to a detox program for painkillers they will make him go cold turkey first before treating him. I think you have to be careful going off cocaine though. Heroin is illegal and hydrocodone is legal but they are all somewhat similar. In fact hydrocodone is weaker than heroin or cocaine....maybe hydromorphone is up to heroin and cocaine level though.
    Last edited by lesa; 27-11-08 at 12:58 AM.
    If you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best. ~ Marilyn Monroe

Quote Originally Posted by Onion42 View Post
    I tried to explain it to her the day we were talking about taking a break. And either she didnt understand or didnt care. The fact that i dont have the 1 person i trust and talk to the most is making this brutal. Trying to break the habit is hard enuff, trying to break it solo with zero support is even worse.

I was taking hydrocodone which is generic for Vicodin, Lortab, etc... and taking 30mg to 40mg twice a day for about a year now. Prior to that i was taking smaller doses but tolerance is a bitch.
    It's a bit late to explain the situation then don't you think? She thinks that the way you act i.e. not caring if you haven't spoken for 3 weeks is normal. She thinks that is you, not the pills.

Your girlfriend would not be the support you require anyway. You need to have people around you who are either going through the same thing or counsellors to get you through.

I guess the question that I haven't asked is: are you really committed to kicking your addiction? Because if you are not then you forget your relationship and indeed future relationships all together.

Btw there will be advice from members (and yes I will include myself) who are untrained in the area of addiction. Suggestions of various herbal treatment etc should be taken with the consultation of a doctor. Many herbs have interactions with pills and I would hate for anything to happen.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Dasein View Post
    Btw there will be advice from members (and yes I will include myself) who are untrained in the area of addiction. Suggestions of various herbal treatment etc should be taken with the consultation of a doctor. Many herbs have interactions with pills and I would hate for anything to happen.
    I agree with this.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

^^ me too, i know i'm recommending a herb and to go to a doc, but i aint no expert, onion you need to see someone professional and don't be afraid coz they are used to this and they take all your doubts and feelings into account, they will provide you with a support network
    Work like you don't need the money. Love like you've never been hurt. Dance like nobody's watching

I agree with them too. U should take that herb. I think herb is effective as what I have seen to others the effects they have when taking that herb.

Learn also to control your feeling when you haven't take that opiates. It is a sort of disciplining yourself.
    Don't Get Me Wrong

Quote Originally Posted by agatha View Post
    I agree with them too. U should take that herb. I think herb is effective as what I have seen to others the effects they have when taking that herb.

Learn also to control your feeling when you haven't take that opiates. It is a sort of disciplining yourself.

Huh? Have you gone through opiate addiction? Are you a doctor? Then stop giving advice about taking freaking herbs.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12