+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How do I make my self more approachable to guys?

Act goofy. That will bring out the shy ones.

Quote Originally Posted by shybelle View Post
    How do you make an impression on a mental level if you have never said a word to the person? I'm just a little confused. I did try to be more open (I smiled, made eye contact etc. at the nice normal, cute guy at the bar/lounge) and the normal guy still did not approach. I was approached by the extremely tipsy and the Mr. Booty Call Seekers. If you give a guy 'hints' and he does not act on the hints should I assume that he is not interested? I think I did everything but screamed please come over here and talk to me.

The friend of a friend scenario is really not an option where I am at currently. I know few people around my age and most of my close friends are not in this area. I recently tried going online for meeting people for the first time. In my description I specifically mentioned hanging out not hooking up. After a little over half a week online I have come to the conclusion that there are alot of weirdos in cyberspace and a lot of people seeking cybersex or intimate encounters with strangers (ew! - Forgive me for being a prude, but I DON'T think so.) Are there any decent guys left?
    Well I bet if you had screamed at him to come over it would probably have worked out...

Anywho steer away from bars and clubs, do you have other social outlets sports,night classes, clubs even god forbid church groups, how do you spend your free time, where do you go for fun. These are the type of places that you can often meet really good guys.

Some women when they meet a guy say a neighbour instantly put him in a box labeled say friendly acquaintainces. It's only when they go on the pull to night clubs on such that they're in the zone to meet men romantically ignoring that the probably already know a half dozen attractive decent guys.

Just something to think about.

I probably should have mentioned this but I live in a small, conservative town where people love to mind other peoples business. There are no decent clubs or bars here. (It was well known when I was growing up that 'nice girls' don't go out in ***. We had to travel to the larger cities.) I actually have to go to a city 45 minutes away by car to go out. The churches around here are small churches where everyone just happens to be distantly related. I need to expand the gene pool. I am back in town now because I thought being home would give me more time and the ability to focus on my studies for the boards. Not to mention being much cheaper. I am now mostly focused on what is not here. Most people who grow up here when they have the chance LEAVE. Seriously, all of my friends from school are long gone. That being said I do appreciate your suggestions Sarah, but for my situation that are not especially realistic. I will try to apply some of them to the larger cities in the area. Seriously, there is little to do here other than make babies (Many guys won't talk to girls from this town because its assumed that by 18 or 20 you have a kid. And far too many do) or go to Wal-Mart.

Flirt with the ones whom you're interested in.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12