+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Guide on how to live life...

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Get back to work you lazy shit. I'm on holiday. I earned my time on here, you won't hear from me come end of Feb. I'm getting my 2009 post count on here now.

Well, I believe that anything that happens to you, even if it's really bad, happens for a reason, most of the times for your better future.

DoesntMatter is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Life is for family and money

Life is a tragedy for those who feel, and a comedy for those who think.
    -La Bruyere
    Spammer Spanker

life is for love.
    Work like you don't need the money. Love like you've never been hurt. Dance like nobody's watching

Life is a panda cub stuck at the top of a tree.

But no, on a serious note my own sort of life aim is to travel around and around for as long as I can, find a person that I love, find a country that I like, and then settle down.

Quote Originally Posted by kai View Post
    Well, I believe that anything that happens to you, even if it's really bad, happens for a reason, most of the times for your better future.
    I really, really hope that's not true. Logic like that would destroy just about any abuse victim.

Life is made up of natural occurrences and the interactions of people and their reactions to each other... thus being a mind-bogglingly complex system of cause and effect with no main underlying purpose. All you can do is make what few decisions that are really in your power and hope you get something good out of it.
    "The weakest soul, knowing its own weakness, and believing this truth that strength can only be developed by effort and practice, will, thus believing, at once begin to exert itself, and, adding effort to effort, patience to patience, and strength to strength, will never cease to develop, and will at last grow divinely strong."

- James Allen

I agree with Area about fate- I reject it completely. That would make everything rotten that happened to me in my life something more sinister than just shit that happened.
    Spammer Spanker

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Gigabitch View Post
    Life is a tragedy for those who feel, and a comedy for those who think.
    -La Bruyere
    This is a great quote. I wonder if its b/c ppl who think have set up their ducks well enough to be able to afford to laugh?

Or is it like being a laughing fool, and those folks are just missing the point?
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

i've heard it said by people that the more intelligent one is the less happier they are with their lives. the more stupid one is the more they appreciate what they have.

i truly believe life is for love..love of a special food/song/person/sex/cause/passion/hobbie/pet...whatever love of some-thing/one/many things makes people happy. i really love cheese, just tried port salou cheese today...loooovely!
    Work like you don't need the money. Love like you've never been hurt. Dance like nobody's watching

Quote Originally Posted by Aeradalia View Post
    I really, really hope that's not true. Logic like that would destroy just about any abuse victim.

Life is made up of natural occurrences and the interactions of people and their reactions to each other... thus being a mind-bogglingly complex system of cause and effect with no main underlying purpose. All you can do is make what few decisions that are really in your power and hope you get something good out of it.
    Well, I didn't say all the time, but most of the times. It's just a way to have an optimistic attitude towards life.

Quote Originally Posted by kai View Post
    Well, I didn't say all the time, but most of the times. It's just a way to have an optimistic attitude towards life.
    Belief in fate seems to lead people into being lazy in their motivations towards life. It might be more stressful to think of life as a system of cause and effect, but at least you feel like you have some free will and can make changes whenever you want (albeit not necessarily gigantic changes).
    "The weakest soul, knowing its own weakness, and believing this truth that strength can only be developed by effort and practice, will, thus believing, at once begin to exert itself, and, adding effort to effort, patience to patience, and strength to strength, will never cease to develop, and will at last grow divinely strong."

- James Allen

Life is unfair.

Some people do nothin in their lives, and end up happy. Other people do nothing in their lives and end up miserable.
    Don't expect anything.

Quote Originally Posted by ecojeanne View Post
    i've heard it said by people that the more intelligent one is the less happier they are with their lives. the more stupid one is the more they appreciate what they have.
    Let's all remain in the baby-stage and entertain ourselves for hours with nothing but a multicoloured box.Yay!

lol yaay that sounds like fun!!, but i reckon there could be some truth to it. ive seen fools (but great people in my view) laugh and be jolly coz they don't get the sarcastic or snide remarks people say to them. ignorance is bliss right?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast