+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: To what extent do you think about former partners?

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by and_for_what View Post
    Thanks for the replies. Let me clarify that I mean also what do you think about them now, if asked (and I just asked). How do you see them, looking back and considering them (you, them and the relationship)? To borrow a term from somewhere - using your retrospectroscope what do you see?

Giga's answer is an example of an interesting one - that what bad memories remain she can attribute to her own shortcomings at the time.
    You are just feeling lonely right now, so its natural to reminisce.

Giga is saying that she has processed her experiences into life lessons. This is something we should all try to do.

Focus on the future tho. Your future goals, not what has passed.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Quote Originally Posted by IndiReloaded View Post
    You are just feeling lonely right now, so its natural to reminisce.

Giga is saying that she has processed her experiences into life lessons. This is something we should all try to do.

Focus on the future tho. Your future goals, not what has passed.
    no no no, don't think about this question with relation to what's happening with me right now. I know that +3 weeks is different to +3 years or +30 years and I'm just asking - such things are interesting to me at the moment.

Really - general questions like this are just general questions.

thanks

My guy wasn't too bad but we were not compatible at the time of the relationship. We are still "friends" but I don't ever think of him romantically. I do have him on my mind but I think it's because I read things on this forum and it has me thinking of my past of what could have been.

Sometimes I think we should not have broken up but then I would not be the great person I am today .

I am always thinking about my current guy but I am not going to erase all the great memories I shared with another man. Those are my memories and I had a blast in the bf/gf stage of it. I was just frightened by the husband/wife stage.
    If you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best. ~ Marilyn Monroe

Well, I used to have all manner of drama with my high school boyfriend. I even moved to Colorado with him when he went to college because we were so entangled that we couldn't bear to be parted. Now it's just a "what the hell was I thinking?" kind of thing.

It fades. It really does.
    Spammer Spanker

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12