+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: reasons to be happy

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Actually, I could have sworn there was a recent study that said ppl with more money actually are happier. See if I can find it.

LOL, you can find ANYTHING on the internet:

[url]http://www.boston.com/bostonglobe/ideas/articles/2008/11/23/a_talk_with_betsey_stevenson_and_justin_wolfers/[/url]

Actually, what I've read (and makes intuitive sense) is that happier people are richer. Save your $30 bucks on The Secret. Its what we've known all along: if you had $10 to give to one of two homeless ppl, equally destitute, one was sadly smiling and the other fcuking miserable, who would you give it to?

Last edited by IndiReloaded; 03-02-09 at 11:15 AM.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Quote Originally Posted by IndiReloaded View Post
    Actually, I could have sworn there was a recent study that said ppl with more money actually are happier. See if I can find it.

LOL, you can find ANYTHING on the internet:

[url]http://www.boston.com/bostonglobe/ideas/articles/2008/11/23/a_talk_with_betsey_stevenson_and_justin_wolfers/[/url]

Actually, what I've read (and makes intuitive sense) is that happier people are richer. Save your $30 bucks on The Secret. Its what we've known all along: if you had $10 to give to one of two homeless ppl, equally destitute, one was sadly smiling and the other fcuking miserable, who would you give it to?

Hah, this all is so bogus. You can find the proof for human emotions with any logic behind it. That is because there is so much to consider with human emotions that even the best minds are still trying to figure it all out. Some rich people are happy and some arent...some poor people are happy some aren't. Hell, some people are only happy when they are not happy...if that makes any sense. Masochists they call them I think?
    "Why are you an atheist?"
    "because I paid attention in science class."

My reasons for being happy is because I choose to be...

I find that majority of people who are happy with their lives don't have perfect lives. They usually have something that's not going right for them, but they're content with what they have.
    Last edited by 1averagejoe; 03-02-09 at 12:16 PM.

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I actually really love my life right now. I don't think I'd change much, except mbe a new job that is a bit more interesting.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Quote Originally Posted by Only-virgins View Post
    Hah, this all is so bogus. You can find the proof for human emotions with any logic behind it. That is because there is so much to consider with human emotions that even the best minds are still trying to figure it all out. Some rich people are happy and some arent...some poor people are happy some aren't. Hell, some people are only happy when they are not happy...if that makes any sense. Masochists they call them I think?
    Masochists are those who derive pleasure from physical pain, quite different, but I bet there are people out there who love to wallow and whine about their misery.

I'm hoping to make enough for a comfortable lifestyle, but haven't got that many aspirations beyond that, getting rich through risky investments, working until you puke or dumb luck isn't too appealing. But making extra without sacrificing too much would be nice, would love to make enough in order to design and build a personal home.

lol. i happen to have done a lot of research and read several books on this very subject.

but whatev.

like tom petty says, "it don't really matter to me baby, you believe what you wanna believe."
    baby ya hustle. but me i hustle harder.

DoesntMatter is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Having a penis

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12