+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What do girls think about guys who carry guns?

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Gribble View Post
    But I don't believe that was the question, Fras. This guy's talking about carrying a weapon with him on a day to day basis. He's talking about strolling into the local supermarket with a Colt 1911 tucked under his coat like he expects Commies to repel through the roof at any time. Folks like that are on the nutty side if you ask me.
    I already answered his question if you check above, I was responding to bluesummer's instigative inquiries.

Grew up in the south... guns aren't a problem... so long as you have a license to carry and are responsible about it.

I own 5 guns of my own, but they are war relics... generally stay at home, and only taken out when heading to the shooting range. I did have a handgun for conceal/carry... but once I moved from the unsafe neighborhood to here.. I no longer felt the need to maintain the incredible responsibility.

A gun is a lot of responsibility... something that should never be taken lightly... used to show off... or be given an indistinct purpose (such as I might need it... or I'll use it to 'scare' people away). A gun is designed to kill... plain and simple... some are meant to kill animals (hunting rifle) but most, as in the case of a hand gun, are meant to kill people. And a gun has no loyalties... in the right hands it can defend you and your family... in the wrong hands it can kill you and your family.

Please, I beg of you... do not think of a gun as a status symbol to attract women.
    "The weakest soul, knowing its own weakness, and believing this truth that strength can only be developed by effort and practice, will, thus believing, at once begin to exert itself, and, adding effort to effort, patience to patience, and strength to strength, will never cease to develop, and will at last grow divinely strong."

- James Allen

Quote Originally Posted by Crispy12 View Post
    I have permit and carry a concealed handgun or have one in my glove box sometimes. What would you ladies think about a guy who carries a gun? Would you be afraid or intimidated by that or would it not be a big deal? I'm not a crazy gun nut or anything, I just carry for protection just in case something happens. I carry it concealed and everything, but if it's a girl I'm dating she'd still see me take it out of my glove box when I go home or take off the holster when I get home.
    You can't have your gun in the glove box, the gun must be located as stated by law in the trunk unloaded. You can not carry a concealed weapon ON you, you can however have it in the car. At least that is in Illinois. You can get 5+ years in prison here for carrying a gun on you.
    "Why are you an atheist?"
    "because I paid attention in science class."

Theres a small handful of people in the world who need to carry a gun on them at all times, the rest of us don't. Gun were designed with on purpose to kill and inflict catastrophic damage, they do both flawlessly. If you carry a gun around with you is it safe to assume you have the intention of killing someone?

I know why people carry them, but I don't think many people realize that you can kill someone with you hands faster than you can draw, cock and shoot a gun.

I have shot a lot of guns, theres no reason to have one in the civil world unless your job requires it.

Edit: Madoff should probably carry one.

"What you really fear is inside yourself. You fear your own power.
    You fear your own anger, the drive to do great and terrible things."

The Warmonger

Quote Originally Posted by Only-virgins View Post
    You can't have your gun in the glove box, the gun must be located as stated by law in the trunk unloaded. You can not carry a concealed weapon ON you, you can however have it in the car. At least that is in Illinois. You can get 5+ years in prison here for carrying a gun on you.

In Texas you can carry a gun on your person if you have a conceal/carry permit... or at least it was that way a few years ago... haven't carried a gun since then.
    "The weakest soul, knowing its own weakness, and believing this truth that strength can only be developed by effort and practice, will, thus believing, at once begin to exert itself, and, adding effort to effort, patience to patience, and strength to strength, will never cease to develop, and will at last grow divinely strong."

- James Allen

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Well, to answer your question, I wouldn't think much of him. Handguns should only be carried by police or MPs.

Rifles are okay, but they need to be stored correctly and everyone in that household needs to be trained in their use. I would not permit any firearm in my house with children who are below the age of reason.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

I don't see why it's such a big deal. I plan on having a handgun in my house in case of an unwanted intrusion. Would I regret killing someone? No. If you break into my house and I fear for my life, I will shot you dead without remorse. My life is more important than that of some scumbag burglar.

Would I carry it with me everywhere I went? No. It would most likely stay locked up in my house with a fingerprint trigger lock.
    I don't chase, I replace.

Illusional is offline different state of mind
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    i carry my gun between my legs and yes, sometimes it does go off.

raverboy
    ...this is just my perspective on the situation...

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Illusional View Post
    i carry my gun between my legs and yes, sometimes it does go off.

raverboy
    You are a baaaaadd boy!!

Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Illusional is offline different state of mind
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by vashti View Post
    You are a baaaaadd boy!!

you didn't care when it went off and you there to catch my spray.

raverboy
    ...this is just my perspective on the situation...

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Only-virgins View Post
    Illinois is notorious for gun owners.

You do not have to register a store bought firearm in Louisiana, (unless it's specially modified [sawed off, grenade launcher, automatic]).

Here’s a quick primer on carrying guns in vehicles in Louisiana: You may have a gun. You may carry it in your vehicle. You may have it concealed, in the open, on the dash, on the seat, under the seat, in the glove box or hanging from the rear-view mirror.

Possession of a gun in your vehicle is perfectly legal in Louisiana as the vehicle is considered an extension of your home (As it is worded in LRS 14:95.2: “Any constitutionally protected activity which cannot be regulated by the state, such as a firearm contained entirely within a motor vehicle.”)

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Since someone will mention Canada eventually:

[url]http://www.panda.com/canadaguns/#overview[/url]

For OV: the transport laws in Canada are identical, unloaded and in the trunk. If its a restricted firearm then its gotta be in a locked case with a trigger lock also.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

bluesummer is offline Whatever.
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Frasbee View Post
    I was responding to bluesummer's instigative inquiries.

Instigative?? That's a little harsh; I was only asking you to think about the consequences.

No, I don't live in your circumstances, but even if I did, I wouldn't carry a gun. That's just a fact, and that's me. You're also talking about different circumstances than the OP who was wondering if it was okay with women for him to carry around a concealed handgun (for what ****in purpose I can't imagine).

I could never live with myself for taking a human life, especially if it could have been avoided. If a person wants to aim a weapon at me and steal my shit, he can have it. Take my car, all my money, whatever. At least I can have it on my conscience that I never committed a violent act. I'd actually rather die than do it.
    Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever. - Mohandas Gandhi

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    If we had moved to DC, we still wouldn't have gotten a gun. Since we had a choice we just didn't live in DC.

Honestly, tho, if I had grown up in that environment, I can't say what I'd be thinking. That its normal, I guess. Here in Canada, someone with a gun and not in a uniform tells us "baddie" and no-brainer.

I didn't know about Chicago laws, tho. I think that's a good step in the right direction. Has it always been the law there, OV, or is gun-control more recent?
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by bluesummer View Post
    Instigative?? That's a little harsh; I was only asking you to think about the consequences
    I do.

I just think about different consequences.

Not things like "What if I got up one morning to make breakfast and while bumbling around in my tired stupor, accidentally shot myself in the mouth because I didn't realize I wasn't holding my toothbrush?"

Like I said, different circumstances.

I don't see why you'd need a gun, the both of you are well off and insurance and the authorities would deal with whatever issue you had after a few phone calls. That is not always the case here.

We have a disaster kit ready to go with food, first aid kit, radio and several days worth of drinking water stacked in my room. The only things we felt we were missing during Gustav were walkie talkies and a gun.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast