+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: why he didn't call?

Quote Originally Posted by starbuck View Post
    I mean, honestly, though, who wouldn't be a little annoyed? I think ya'll are being a little hard on IDoubtit.
    It's definitely annoying when someone doesn't follow up on what they promised. I just thought Doubt's reaction was a bit disproportionate. To wait the whole day for the phone call and then to ask if it's all over when it didn't eventuate sounded a little bit desperate (to my probably insensitive ears / eyes). But I agree, it's understandable.
    Don't cry, don't regret and don't blame
    Weak find the whip, willing find freedom
    Towards the sun, carry your name
    In warm hands you are given
    Ask the wind for the way
    Uncertainty's gone, your path will unravel
    Accept all as it is and do not blame
    God or the Devil
    ~Born to Live - Mavrik~

Quote Originally Posted by starbuck View Post
    Am I the only one here who thinks the guy sounds a little flaky? I think it's frustrating when a guy says he's going to call and then doesn't.

Idoubtit, If it bothers you, then just keep him at a distance until you're comfortable he's going to follow through enough for you. I agree that you don't have to get angry or jump to conclusions that all guys are inconsiderate. Keep him in "evaluation mode" until further notice.

I mean, honestly, though, who wouldn't be a little annoyed? I think ya'll are being a little hard on IDoubtit.
    Sure, it's a little annoying when someone doesn't call when they say they are going to, but can she really hold it against him? He has no obligations to her. They aren't dating. They've never even met.

And all I was saying was that she shouldn't have been waiting around for him to call.
    I don't chase, I replace.

ah don't even bother with him. if he was into it he would do it. guys that are all "uhhhhhhhh ummmmmmmmmmmmm maybe next week maybe. sorry i cancelled the last 800 times but let's go on a cruise this weekend."

hell no. get out of here with all that bullshit.
    baby ya hustle. but me i hustle harder.

Yeah, he is just not that into you.
    If you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best. ~ Marilyn Monroe

Ultimately it boils down to do you like the guy or not? If you don't like the way he's acting (for whatever reason) then it is your choice to no longer see him.

If you cannot tolerate behavior such as this... then I'm sure there will be more behavior that you won't tolerate as you learn more about him.

The choice is and will always be yours. So, do you want to give the guy another chance or do you think you should follow the 'feeling' you're getting so far and let him go? Because to me it sounds like you're wanting us to agree you should let him go.
    "The weakest soul, knowing its own weakness, and believing this truth that strength can only be developed by effort and practice, will, thus believing, at once begin to exert itself, and, adding effort to effort, patience to patience, and strength to strength, will never cease to develop, and will at last grow divinely strong."

- James Allen

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8EGFWEtJcgw"]YouTube - Macy Gray - Why Didn't You Call Me[/ame]

Yeah, I think unless he broke down on the side of the road in the snow, he was rude not to call.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

ok update here:
    I txt messaged him today anyway, asking him if we still are gonna meet today as we planned last week. and he could not do it anymore, it's totally fine with me, just he should let me know what's going on.

he txt messaged back right away, saying that he is now in another city for business trip but he will come back tonight and he will call me tonight.

Am I the only one wondering why you didn't just call him?
    You're my chorus, my refrain
    The verse of my first pain

coz I am shy.....)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12