+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I'll take the truth at any cost..

Quote Originally Posted by misombra View Post
    you say you would've given your life for her but you wouldn't even rent a place with her.

anyway it seems like she's on the hunt for somebody to marry her right away. some peoples are like that.

also she's dating your friend now? damn. she's workin the crowd.
    That was a wrong choice of words.
    I did want to live together with her, but at that moment it just wasn't possible financially. And she didn't wanted to understand that I guess..

Love shit is pretty intangible, and people will never come to consensus answers in my opinion. We have different standards, expectations, and varying capacities to give and receive.

To me, true love is kind of in tune with the classic wedding vows.... " for better or worse, for richer or poorer, in sickness and in health".

The word love gets thrown around a lot, hell, I love pizza. But in all seriousness, when I think two people truly love each other, you feel each other's pain.

Quote Originally Posted by carl1222 View Post
    Thanks for the nice reply, dopple.

We've gone far afield, of course, from my original point that what we call "chemistry" is a necessary component of romantic love for most people, and represents a largely physical response. If you want to believe and express that "chemistry" is some metaphysical and transcendental quality, that's your privilege. I actually agree that there is a psychological component to it for sure. If I want to disagree with you (as opposed to dismiss as you suggested) that's my privilege. I added it to the "Cinderella list" as one more belief ... that strong attraction, without more, somehow means you are right for each other. Why all the passion on this point?

At least I disagreed with a level of civility and respect.

Carl.
    Eh sorry if that came off a little rough. Just tying a little academia in with some college humor.

mmmm. I love pizza.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12