lovesjoyajm,

I will respond to your forum post by saying that if you disagree with my premise, I can accept that. Your reply simply belongs on another thread. I attempted, with honest intentions to steer this forum topic in a certain direction. I was quite specific about meeting the criteria to participate and the type of information I was seeking. There are hundreds other themes within this site to choose from if anyone finds my topic irrelevant, alienating or dubious. I presumed that since am able to abide by similar requests from other topic originators, they should be able grant me the same. The first respondent adopted the role of spoiler, ignored the civilized request contained within my post asking nay-sayers not to contribute. He also opened a counterintuitive dialogue by dismissing my entire premise and instructing me to “cut the crap.” I responded by referring to him as a contrarian. Hardly an indignant term. For this you insist I am condescending. Calling upon the scholarly wisdom that men such as Jefferson and Lincoln also possess, he concludes that I am “stupid”. This doesn’t seem to produce a similar disdain in you. Now I will admit, I could have and should have taken the high road by simply asking politely and kindly for him to please refrain from contributing. I will do that now in an attempt to return to the subject of my original post. What I will not do is attempt to placate any forum bully by surrendering my prerogative to defend myself. It makes no difference if the assailant has a J.D., PhD, M.D. or Maitre d’.

As far as your post I am glad you understand how an exceptional person can lift another’s spirits during a simple chat session. You seemed to be at odds with that notion in your previous sentence.
You also indicated that you have friends who think about the possibility of someone returning to them. Perhaps this topic will help you understand those friends better. Your path points toward a direction you desire. Allow others have their own path.

A worship complex does not correspond with the descriptions I mentioned in my post. As I wrote:

“It is certainly expected and quite plausible for a person who is attempting to heal a broken heart to enter a new, loving relationship. Often, the new partner will provide solace and a higher love than they received with their previous love interest. This is typically how people truly get over their pain.”

I would agree that this would be unhealthy. That is why I am seeking responses from those who are rational. They get on with their day-to- day activities and reponsponsibilities but do not deny their own emotions.

As far as the movies are concerned I did not mean to infer that every theme applied to each film I listed.