+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: HURT / relationships/ PAIN / etc. MY experience

Quote Originally Posted by Aeradalia View Post
    Wait a sec... don't the Christians believe in free will? And God helps a man who helps himself?

Seems like 'God' doesn't really help at all... that you are still responsible for your own actions...
    Duh... it says so in the fine print on the pieces of paper they hand you when you join a church... it's viewable with a 20x lens at the very bottom.
    I laughed at your signature. Its not true.

Sounds like you don't have much going on in your life...

Quote Originally Posted by timeless86 View Post
    I laughed at your signature. Its not true.
    I think you failed to read between the lines with the signature... but hey, not everything can be taken at face-value.. it's a common mistake..
    "The weakest soul, knowing its own weakness, and believing this truth that strength can only be developed by effort and practice, will, thus believing, at once begin to exert itself, and, adding effort to effort, patience to patience, and strength to strength, will never cease to develop, and will at last grow divinely strong."

- James Allen

I think you failed to read between the lines with the signature... but hey, not everything can be taken at face-value.. it's a common mistake..
    "Good things come to those who wait."

That's the actual expression.

You added the statement. "Better things come to those who know when to wait."

saying that you can wait all you want for something, it may never come. You cant wait for everything. But if you wait you for something that is worth waiting for then it will be better because you knew when to wait.

Did I get that all wrong??

That isn't how I read it. I read it as Good things come to those who know when to wait and know when to act... But maybe thats me?

Quote Originally Posted by timeless86 View Post
    "Good things come to those who wait."

That's the actual expression.

You added the statement. "Better things come to those who know when to wait."

saying that you can wait all you want for something, it may never come. You cant wait for everything. But if you wait you for something that is worth waiting for then it will be better because you knew when to wait.

Did I get that all wrong??
    It won't be better because you knew when to wait... it will be better because you knew before hand what it was you were waiting for.

I was going from the angle of not wasting time just waiting for 'anything' good... rather exercising more discretion in what you invest your time in waiting for. Time is currency just like anything else in life... and it's up to you what you purchase with it.
    "The weakest soul, knowing its own weakness, and believing this truth that strength can only be developed by effort and practice, will, thus believing, at once begin to exert itself, and, adding effort to effort, patience to patience, and strength to strength, will never cease to develop, and will at last grow divinely strong."

- James Allen

Quote Originally Posted by Pectabyte View Post
    That isn't how I read it. I read it as Good things come to those who know when to wait and know when to act... But maybe thats me?
    That too pectabyte... you are very perceptive...

- James Allen

That too pectabyte... you are very perceptive...
    well then. whats the original

I know its hard but you will get through this and move on. It will take a bit of time but you can do it.

At the end of the day you are only human and we all make mistakes. It is a natural part of living.

As to being hurt, it is something that we all go through at somepoint in our lives and it is a part of growing up. Yes unfortuantley it worse for some than others but everyone gets through it.

Also you say that you have not learned a lesson but I think that you have. You have learned that you should not get with someone who does not share your belifs and interests.

The best thing that you can do to get over this is enjoy being single and do the things that you enjoy doing. Go out with your friends, get a hobby or do anything else that will keep you busy and take your mind off it. This is the only way that you will learn to move on and get on with your life.

Also stop beating yourself up about it. You have not done anything wrong and you have nothing to be ashamed of. If you was not happy and could not see a way of it working then it was best to end it sooner rather than later before you got more inovolved and more hurt.

I know it may not seem it now, but you will be fine and you will meet someone else when the time is right and when you least expect it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12