+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Eye contact

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    DM, the worst is you get shot down. But the best is that you get to shoot...

Hurry up already, brat.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

bluesummer is offline Whatever.
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I have an idea for a conversation starter.....

"Hi."

At least you can say you've talked. Now it's easier to slide into actual dialogue.

Do it, DM.
    Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever. - Mohandas Gandhi

DoesntMatter is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by NeoSeminole View Post
    Now invite them to meet up unless you want to be forever labeled a creep.
    Actually I'm pretty sure it's the other way around. I'm not (as much at least) a creep until I DO open my mouth and talk to them. I'm my own worst enemy, every thing I ever say to girls comes out wrong, I can never say the right thing, and girls (unlike guys) will judge you on EVERY SINGLE FUCCKING WORD YOU SAY. They have no notion of just taking some casual dialogue as it is. Not only that, they take every dialogue seriously like it has some kind of value

I can act normal and whatever for a few minutes, but after being around a girl more than that my social retardedness starts to shine and they just want to get away

bro, practice makes perfect.

Quote Originally Posted by DoesntMatter View Post
    Actually I'm pretty sure it's the other way around. I'm not (as much at least) a creep until I DO open my mouth and talk to them. I'm my own worst enemy, every thing I ever say to girls comes out wrong, I can never say the right thing, and girls (unlike guys) will judge you on EVERY SINGLE FUCCKING WORD YOU SAY. They have no notion of just taking some casual dialogue as it is. Not only that, they take every dialogue seriously like it has some kind of value

I can act normal and whatever for a few minutes, but after being around a girl more than that my social retardedness starts to shine and they just want to get away
    i don't believe this is true. i think it's insecurity that makes people think that. when they say something they don't think is perfect they tighten up and try to overcompensate or just quit talking. and it's not only girls that are this way girls feel like that all the time. don't worry so much about what you say. you're obviously smart and capable of interesting conversation. and even guys who are in relationships with gorgeous girls say and do stupid shit and are their own worst enemies.

the thing with girls, besides the eye contact, is taking a genuine interest in them. girls like to be asked questions about themselves. they like guys who want to know all about them.

here's an exercise for you, when you're talking to a girl, ask her what her parents are like, what they do. ask her what she likes to do in her spare time.

this will take the pressure off you so you're not worried so much about what you're saying because you're not saying anything. you're listening.

and like neo says, practice makes perfect. you're a good guy dm and you deserve a good girl.
    baby ya hustle. but me i hustle harder.

bluesummer is offline Whatever.
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I can tell when a guy is started to become 'socially retarded' while talking to me, and I actually find it sort of cute, even a little flattering that I fluster him that much.

Most girls aren't looking for you to be some witty, perfect orator. Just having the nerve to talk in the first place is a start.
    Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever. - Mohandas Gandhi

you have nothing to lose but everything to gain, talk to her, good luck DM
    Work like you don't need the money. Love like you've never been hurt. Dance like nobody's watching

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    So, brat, how did it go? Even OV managed to get some with "me tarzan you jane, want ****?" If he can, you can.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I bet he chickens out and posts another redundant politically controversial thread.

Just smile a lot and pretend you don't care about anything
    Don't cry, don't regret and don't blame
    Weak find the whip, willing find freedom
    Towards the sun, carry your name
    In warm hands you are given
    Ask the wind for the way
    Uncertainty's gone, your path will unravel
    Accept all as it is and do not blame
    God or the Devil
    ~Born to Live - Mavrik~

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Frasbee View Post
    I bet he chickens out and posts another redundant politically controversial thread.
    I'm sorry, what? Because I don't accept the sure outcome of being labeled creep on top of being rejected my actions qualify for "chickening out"?

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by DoesntMatter View Post
    I'm sorry, what? Because I don't accept the sure outcome of being labeled creep on top of being rejected my actions qualify for "chickening out"?
    Yes, sweety, they do. And you aren't a creep - you are just inexperienced. You need to get busy!

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I considered talking to a girl in my stats section yesterday, because I've been feeling increasingly more apathetic and angry (imagine that). It's like I'm in high school all over again, I look at someones head and find it wanting to explode

The more you think about the harder it will be for you.

Approaching doesn't have to be hard. Seat down next to her in class, introduce yourself, tell her how you feel today followed by a story why. Ask her for her reflections. It can be just as easy as that.
    Don't cry, don't regret and don't blame
    Weak find the whip, willing find freedom
    Towards the sun, carry your name
    In warm hands you are given
    Ask the wind for the way
    Uncertainty's gone, your path will unravel
    Accept all as it is and do not blame
    God or the Devil
    ~Born to Live - Mavrik~

Why should talking with a woman be so hard? So what if you want to ultimately screw her? Doesn't mean she can't carry on a good conversation and turn out to be a pretty good friend to boot... Not to sound like a broken record, but there can be more to a woman than just physical beauty... Perhaps you are too distracted by the physical part that you are at a loss for words because you keep forgetting they are a person with thoughts, hopes, and dreams just like you --- things you can use to get a conversation going.

Try to talk with a girl as if you were hoping to make a new friend... and if she seems to show mild romantic interest in you... then you can change the rules a bit and try to pursue her in a more serious way. Either way... you won't 'strike out' completely and will have gained experience in approaching women.
    "The weakest soul, knowing its own weakness, and believing this truth that strength can only be developed by effort and practice, will, thus believing, at once begin to exert itself, and, adding effort to effort, patience to patience, and strength to strength, will never cease to develop, and will at last grow divinely strong."

- James Allen

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast