+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Meaning of Life...

Quote Originally Posted by Zekk_T_Strife
    You're welcome for the thread, I'm glad people are readin it. You say that change isn't the only constant and that death is too? But isn't death simply another kind of change? Change from the living realm into something different?
    Alright, oh wise one. Death is another kind of change, but then on the same wave-length, so is love. It is everchanging. Sometimes it grows deeper with each passing day and sometimes it leaves us completely until we are left with just the memory of love. It's sad, but true. But I was thinking of constant as in something that you can count on to always be there/happen. You can count on death to always be there.

This is true. And since we have defined death as a form of change and also said that death is a constant, that proves my previous statement of "change is the only constant" as true. You just made a proof to my own statement. You could put love under change, however that only makes it more believable that change has more of a likelihood of being a meaning of existance over love. It really makes sense to add love as a large part of the equation in the change theory. Love brings about such unique and powerful emotions that it is necessary for a soul/spirit or whatever you wanna call it to fully mature.
    Heit ist mein taug.

Holy hell Zekk-Ok for me-death is a constant...its enivtable for everyone...but yet theres a change too-youre soul continues to live...(for me its heaven) my body will no longer be walking the earth but my soul will live on-I dont believe in reincarnation.

Love is always changing..for better or worse but I tend to see that its always for the better...you go through the emotions of feeling so high to ultimate lows...it does something to your inner being as well...makes you weak and strong. Love is always changing...even if youre in it and find your lifetime partner...you go through the ups and downs...change.

Whats really constant?
    everything happens for a reason...beginning to wonder why.

Quote Originally Posted by squirrley
    Whats really constant?
    As the sage mentioned, change. Damn, Zekk! I'd hate to be on a debate team against you. You little sneak, taking my words to prove your theories. *note to self: this guys good!*

Change is the only thing that is constant.

You did it too squirt. You took another route to prove my very same point in a different way. That was one of the first parts to the change theory, that change is the only constant. We defined earlier death is a change and therefore is also a constant. Love also is a change, therefore it is also a constant. Regardless of who we are or where we come from there is a part of us that desires and requires love. And it's something no one is above and can look down upon. Love is an essential part of the human experience and fits in perfectly with the theory of change.
    Heit ist mein taug.

ok - well, now I got to jump in here just to say one thing.

I already told you all this before ! Back in April sometime.

CHANGE is everything. Everything always changes.

But I do have to point out something for you to also think about Zekk. Its something I think about all the time.

If change is the only constant we can seem to find... Then there really are NO constants at all. Change cant be a constant, because in time, the Change will chage itself into another Change.

Just think about that one and see what doors open in your head. Lets see if you think like I do.

That is true if you consider change as a physical thing. If you only see change as an individual instance. However if you recognize Change as concept and an idea you can see that change can easily be recognized as a constant. Looking at the bigger picture of the idea of change allows you to grasp its meaning much more fully.
    Heit ist mein taug.

It really makes sense to add love as a large part of the equation in the change theory. Love brings about such unique and powerful emotions that it is necessary for a soul/spirit or whatever you wanna call it to fully mature.
    I can't beleive I missed this the first time around. You're right Zekk. Love can evoke enormous emotion, and not always good ones. So yes, in that sense it is constantly changing as well. And not just romantic love, but the love of a parent or child, friends even love of mankind as a whole, (something I argue with myself about constantly).
    So what does this tell us? That the meaning of life is simply to continue changing? And in turn, learn and grow and become MORE than we are.

That, essentially, is what my Change theory entails. To learn to cope and deal with enormous and extreme change throughout ones life. Humans are naturally creatures of habit. We get comfortable with our routines and just go through them because its easy. But if life were easy then wheres the point and whats the big fuss about being alive? To challenge this habit and to continue growth makes the most sense to be the purpose of this life.
    Heit ist mein taug.

To learn to cope and deal with enormous and extreme change throughout ones life. To challenge this habit and to continue growth makes the most sense to be the purpose of this life.
    Challenge the habit? Yes. Continue growth? Definitely. But enormous and extreme change? How many people does this happen to? So now I propose to you this. Is it our lot in life to just learn to cope and deal with change or perhaps to evoke change itself? And thereby creating an environment in which we will evolve into greater beings.

Well we have already defined change as constant, it's there no matter what we do or don't do. The environment of change is already set. You make it sound like learning to deal efficiently and effectively to change and new stimuli is really that simple. Some small things, yes are easy to deal with, others are quite difficult and for some impossible. We all do experience some kind of extreme change in our lives. Death of loved ones, creation of a family, all these kinds of things. Evoking change, however, is a great way to help ourselves continue to grow and shows an embrace of change itself.
    Heit ist mein taug.

Okay, yes you are right. (Damn Zekk! Do you ever get as tired of hearing that as I do of saying it?? lol) Change IS omnipresent, but what I meant by evoking it, is when you are in a rut or a stalemate. We could choose to stay comfortable right where we are, (as you said is the most preferred choice) OR we could do something to evoke change. To present ourselves something with which to learn to cope. Like going back to school, for instance, or moving to a completely different state/province, or country for that matter or climbing Mount Everest. These are what I meant by enormous and extreme changes. I have been through the birth of a child AND the death of a loved one. No small feat, to say the least, but not as difficult to deal with as one might think. Maybe because these things are considered a "normal" part of life. Birth and death. We all go through it. I'm also not saying that for some people it's impossible to deal with, but I tend to think that is more exclusive that not. Somehow I feel change that we EVOKE is somewhat harder to deal with and this is why we just don't do it. If something is forced upon us, (death, for instance, the loss of a job etc.), we are forced to adapt or perish. Given the choice, I think most people would adapt to a certain degree. But it is the bravest among us who SEEK change and challenge it.

couldnt have said better myself...amen sista!

(still waitn for it uh? takng a long damn time for it...holy shit) see ya on aim some time tonight! lol

LoL Squirrley! Well that was a flipping waste of time. LoL

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast