Quote Originally Posted by ender06 View Post
I went out with the other girl, thinking maybe I could move on. Not out of spite! My ex TOLD me to date others, but why would she get mad. She has no right.
I do not know why she got mad. Only she knows.

All I can suggest to you is to accept that your relation with her is over and move on. I know that's easier said then done, but you have to attempt to understand (for yourself) that she still has control over you for as long as she is in your mind.

You have the power to take back control over your thoughts, your feelings and your life.

The key is, to let go, to accept what is.

Jumping into another relation, is not really going to make you feel better. Most likely you're heading for a rebound if you do that.

To my experience, the best you can do is to cut all contact, try to avoid her and her new beau as good as you can. Walk away from her if she approaches you. Make it clear that you don't want to talk to her, don't want to see her, don't want to have anything to do with her anymore. If needed, tell her so, calmly, with dignity.

Then give yourself time to heal. That's the hardest part. Healing requires acceptance. Acceptance that you have been hurt. Accepting the pain of separation and rejection. It's hard at first, but it gets better, you won't feel like crap forever. You just have to get through the rough part.

I suggest to reach deep inside you, and instead of wasting all that energy on being angry and upset and wonder why you guys are no more, use that energy to heal yourself from what happend.

Use that time to improve yourself as a person, to become a stronger, more mature individual. Don't live in the past, live in the moment.

That's all the advice I can give you. The rest is up to you. Everybody has the strenght to overcome breakups, only few do it in a healthy way.

Be one of the few.