+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: He's perfect...except I wish he were richer?

war could break out and all his money he should be earning could be worthless. life is fickle me darlin' many many many rich people lost a lot of money recently....but back in the good times they were flush and i guess you (?would?) hang around in their time of need? for emotional support etc etc?

life is NOT that simple. anything can change at a moments notice. i reckon the world is due for a major wake up call soon.
    Last edited by ecojeanne; 11-07-09 at 06:38 PM.
    Work like you don't need the money. Love like you've never been hurt. Dance like nobody's watching

Quote Originally Posted by PinkChampage View Post
    My current boyfriend is almost perfect. He's a handsome, caring, devoted, funny, and intelligent guy who loves me and takes care of me as if I were a princess. He cooks for me every day, fixes things for me, and does whatever he can to make me happy. He calls me every day and showers me with love and affection. He has said, on numerous occasions, that he wants to marry me and that he is saving up for a ring.

However, I can't help but secretly wish that he were richer. He has a college degree and a decent professional job, but I wish that he could have a more successful career and a higher income. I don't want a millionaire, but is it wrong for me to wish that he earned around 75K-100K instead of his current salary?
    Yes it is wrong b.c that makes you a whore.

You guys do realize that one of the main reasons why couples break up and why marriages end in divorce is due to financial problems, right?

Like I've said before, I don't want a millionaire, I just want financial stability. I don't want a flashy car or expensive jewelry. I want to have kids someday and I'd like for us to be able to afford to help them pursue their hobbies, to send them to college, etc... without having to fight and stress over money issues.

Any HELPFUL thoughts or suggestions instead of stupid comments like those above would be most welcome.
    I think if he is expected to earn that much you should suck him off every night and swallow. Any sexual act he requests should require your participation. You should also cook all the meals and clean the house.

No seriously I earn about that much, what do I get in return ?
    Last edited by BoredGeorge; 11-07-09 at 08:22 PM.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    You guys do realize that one of the main reasons why couples break up and why marriages end in divorce is due to financial problems, right?

Like I've said before, I don't want a millionaire, I just want financial stability. I don't want a flashy car or expensive jewelry. I want to have kids someday and I'd like for us to be able to afford to help them pursue their hobbies, to send them to college, etc... without having to fight and stress over money issues.

Any HELPFUL thoughts or suggestions instead of stupid comments like those above would be most welcome.
    Actually, to a large extent, I don't blame you. However, you say he already HAS a decent, professional job.

What kind of income does he have? Where do you live?

The smartest people in the world are; and always have been American and British. We're the decendants of a great race whose intelligence and ideals have brought the world closer to enlightenment. Our skin is white like snow, from our devine intelligence. We were the first to truly accept other races and our wisdom knows that we accept them as our own. We have liberated women and our technology defies nature.

These things are ours they belong to us and for that we inspire jealously. We are but a minority in the worlds stage. A beautiful minority of a great and ancient society that has not only survided in our isolation - but dominated.

It is such a great shame that it has once more come to this. When bitches will give up their pussy not for love but for money. We are going backwards and you my dear are on of the great tell tale signs.

Your pretty little head does not know any better because you are just acting on the choices presented to you.

We got so close

Illusional is offline different state of mind
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    where did the author go?? i'm wondering if she currently has a job.

raverboy
    ...this is just my perspective on the situation...

Quote Originally Posted by BoredGeorge View Post

We got so close

to what?

It's the 21st century. Women can make money.

Why does everyone assume that, just because I want him to have a higher income, that I don't have a job? Are you all THAT stupid? There are professional women who expect a successful professional man, you know.

Actually, I do have a job and I am financially independent. I'm currently pursuing a graduate degree and when I finish, my company will increase my salary to match my degree and I will make more than what he currently does. I just wish that he could make a little more.

Quote Originally Posted by Bumble_bee View Post
    ehem.....pinkchampagne/pinkchampage?

There are people who come here with genuine problems, then there is the whiners....ffs
    Page is a pun on my middle name. If you were to point out supposed grammatical errors, you should note that "then there is the whiners....ffs" should be "then there ARE the whiners."

Illusional is offline different state of mind
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    speaking of being perfect, no one is actually perfect.

if you're not dating the perfect guy, then you'd better save yourself the trouble and move on. i'm sure that this world possess much more richer men, however, you're going to have to sacrifice somewhere. usually that sacrifice is their looks. just look at puffy... rich as f*ck, but also ugly as f*ck.

raverboy
    ...this is just my perspective on the situation...

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Why does everyone assume that, just because I want him to have a higher income, that I don't have a job? Are you all THAT stupid? There are professional women who expect a successful professional man, you know.
    We didn't ask if you had a job. We were asking if he currently makes more money than you. You confirm the current answer is yes.

Actually, I do have a job and I am financially independent. I'm currently pursuing a graduate degree and when I finish, my company will increase my salary to match my degree and I will make more than what he currently does. I just wish that he could make a little more.
    Why do you wish he could make more? How much is enough? Have you actually discussed this with him?

You mention a family. Why don't YOU be the primary breadwinner if your prospects are better? Let him stay home and be Mr. Mom.

The way you posted your question makes you sound like a golddigger. It has nothing to do with you being a professional couple. Speaking as one myself, I think you are setting yourself up for problems with your attitude. I don't know what kind of work you do, but for us at least, more money is never an issue. There is always consulting contracts and stock investments (especially now) to make a few extra K. Sure you aren't looking for a reason to dump this guy?
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    If he's not making enough, dump his loser ass.

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Illusional View Post
    i'm sure that this world possess much more richer men, however, you're going to have to sacrifice somewhere. usually that sacrifice is their looks.
    No, not usually looks Raver. Many wealthy people are very attractive. What changes is attitude and busyness. Higher earners are generally busier, more impatient and have higher expectations from their partners.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Bo is offline Registered User
    Users Country Flag
    wtf are you being serious?
    75-100 k per year is actually a lot more than the average income for a regular family. Quit being a little gold digging bitch because obviously you don't deserve your "current" bf rich or poor. And again, he's your 'boyfriend'; he doesn't have to do shit for you but he does.

As for helpful comments, the only thing I can tell you is go make your own fcukin money OR you can go ahead and tell your bf that he needs to make more money and surely he will dump your ass at the curb down the street

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast