+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: The God Illusion?

Quote Originally Posted by Asip4u View Post
    Neo...There is no evidence that suggests God exists. An example of suggest would be...Are you trying to suggest that God doesn't exist? Makes sense?
    A massive god-entity that shows up and allows for people to see him. A voice sounding in everyone's heads, telling them that he exists. Half a million mango fruits being conjured from nothing.

If he's omnipotent and all-powerful he oughta bring more to the table than what we have so far - people's "experiences of god speaking to them". If I'd spend 5 hours a day for a year looking at a teapot I'd probably imagine it moving around by itself.

The logical thing to do would be to not be indefinite as to whether or not there is a god.

Nothing will really ever prove that there is no such thing as a divine being, unless you take the contemporary religious literature literally.

On the contrary, the scientific theories and whatnot are pretty much proven and we thus have great insight on the origin of life, and how it came to be. Whether or not some divine being had something to do with that is not really something that can be debated, but rather argued.

I see people arguing about this day in and day out. IRL, on Youtube, in news articles, you name it. Frankly, it's a waste of time to argue about such trivial matters. What impact is it going to have on *your* life?

Gribble is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    We don't need to prove it doesn't exist. That's what's so frustrating about this.
    God, so atrocious in the Old Testament, so attractive in the New--the Jekyl and Hyde of sacred romance.
    -Mark Twain

If people are good only because they fear punishment and hope for reward, then we are a sorry lot indeed.
    -Albert Einstein

Exactly, so why even talk about it? It can't be debated, discussed, or concluded. Only argued. It's really a matter of interpretation and opinion.

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Alright, so we have homo thread and a god thread, what now?

How about we add gun rights and an animal cruelty thread?

all i have to say is, all of you are sinners and you're going to burn in hell for eternity.
    baby ya hustle. but me i hustle harder.

I'm not a saint but i'm not a sinner everything is cool as long i'm getting thinner!

Quote Originally Posted by misombra View Post
    all i have to say is, all of you are sinners and you're going to burn in hell for eternity.
    -to be nobody but yourself in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody else means to fight the hardest battle which any human being can fight; and never stop fighting.- e.e.cummings

I think a better question is whether we need God to exist. If God is needed then God exists. Kinda like the government.
    Don't cry, don't regret and don't blame
    Weak find the whip, willing find freedom
    Towards the sun, carry your name
    In warm hands you are given
    Ask the wind for the way
    Uncertainty's gone, your path will unravel
    Accept all as it is and do not blame
    God or the Devil
    ~Born to Live - Mavrik~

ok i got somethin maybe:

science admits that it cannot give theories as to how the Big Bang began. scientists admit that before the big bang there was nothing not even a time or a place where something could happen. Not only was there no place the big bang could happen, there was no time at which it could spontaneously occur. But the universe did come from this nothing... somehow

something weird going on... it points to something, supernatural. Something outside the normal reality.

our world should not be but it is. the actual universe existing is absolutely impossible according to science. Science's models have failed to provide a theory of existence that is at least possible. The only answer that can make sense of these impossibilities is that the universe is designed for a purpose and has an intelligent source. could that be GOD?
    Work like you don't need the money. Love like you've never been hurt. Dance like nobody's watching

The funny thing is, Big Bang theory was co-founded by a Catholic priest who used it to explain how God created the universe, the irony!
    Don't cry, don't regret and don't blame
    Weak find the whip, willing find freedom
    Towards the sun, carry your name
    In warm hands you are given
    Ask the wind for the way
    Uncertainty's gone, your path will unravel
    Accept all as it is and do not blame
    God or the Devil
    ~Born to Live - Mavrik~

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by ecojeanne View Post
    ok i got somethin maybe:

science admits that it cannot give theories as to how the Big Bang began. scientists admit that before the big bang there was nothing not even a time or a place where something could happen. Not only was there no place the big bang could happen, there was no time at which it could spontaneously occur. But the universe did come from this nothing... somehow

something weird going on... it points to something, supernatural. Something outside the normal reality.

our world should not be but it is. the actual universe existing is absolutely impossible according to science. Science's models have failed to provide a theory of existence that is at least possible. The only answer that can make sense of these impossibilities is that the universe is designed for a purpose and has an intelligent source. could that be GOD?
    I don't know, how did GOD get created?
    Last edited by Junket; 16-07-09 at 07:24 AM.

^^lol makes you wonder whether reality is actually reality
    Work like you don't need the money. Love like you've never been hurt. Dance like nobody's watching

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by ecojeanne View Post
    makes you wonder whether reality is actually reality
    F*ck it, I vote orgy.

Heads or tails?

Orgy time!!!! I better be invited.
    ..::.*Love is giving someone the ability to break your heart but trusting them not to*.::..

Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast