+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Why everyone else but not me? :(

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.
    Albert Einstein

Mish^ this is a great quote. Is it really Einstein's tho? I know this one:

“We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them.”

Anyway, it fits.

Toy, you sound like a nice gal. Really, late 20s isn't old. I know friends who didn't marry into their 30s. Don't despair, but do keep your options open. I think Mish's suggestion about dating for friendship & fun (not relationship) is a good attitude to have.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

I am NOT being lazy, or just sitting on my thumbs waiting for things to happen. After my break up, I joined clubs and made friends with lots of new people. I tried to be as social as possible. After a while, and several close friends moving away, I decided to quit my job and leave the city I was in for a new one, make a new start. I spent almost a year living with family trying to find a new job (economy collapsed right after i left my job of course). Finally made it to my new city, now with a lesser job and less pay. I've made new circles of friends, but all that seems to accomplish is widening the number of couples i know.

I feel like every change I try to affect in my life basically does nothing, or sets me back. Five years ago I had what I thought was a good relationship, a better paying job, and close friends in proximity to me. Now, for all I've tried to do, I just feel more alone than ever.

I wish the universe would just throw me a bone- even if it's only in the form of a singular prospective guy, anything to give me some hope that there are possibilities out there, instead of day after day of nothing.

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Have you tried dating sites, local ones? I have a friend met her husband that way. Its not the sleazy, creepy thing it used to be (so I hear).
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Quote Originally Posted by MisfitToy View Post
    I haven't met one single guy I feel compatible with. I've me plenty of great taken guys though, of course. I'm just so lonely at this point, and I've lost hope of even meeting a guy I'd want to go on a few dates with, much less fall in love with.
    See? This is what I was talking about in my "numbers game" thread.

For women, the problem is they have trouble meeting guys who match all their criteria.

For men, the problem is they have trouble meeting women PERIOD.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12