+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Still single after all these years

I think for those shy people who are still single right now....I suggest you can try online dating...but my advice do not give trust to the fullest...be sure that the person is real...get him/her to talk to you on the phone...interview each..get to know each other thru skype or any means of voice communication...I know friends who found their partner in life online...although they have different races...maybe you should give it a try...the best thing..you can choose as many as you want...collect and collect and collect and then select the BEST! ...Good Luck to your journey... I recommend you join free programs like the one I joined the latest is www(dot)meeturbride(dot)animoney(dot)net Just give it a try..

I feel like you are doing this for the wrong reasons. You want a date because you want to have a good time with somebody, or because you need somebody and want to be married at your target age of 32? I just feel like you are getting way ahead of yourself here.

Dating is mostly about having fun and enjoying company with one another. You never start dating somebody with the intention of marrying that person, do you? I think you should just focus on that and within due time you will work your way up to more serious relationship level stuff.

I gotta tell you though, not having a girlfriend by this period in your life is going to put you behind the curve a bit. There is alot of stuff that can be learned from past relationships that will help you in the future. It's not impossible, but it's not helping. The sooner you get yourself out there, the better.

Just put your feet one step ahead of the other in front of you. This girl seems cute and likes you at the pharmacy. If she's working, stop by and talk to her. And if you don't know what to talk about, talk about anything. I'm sure if you talk about the weather it might feel like you are just talking to an adult, but you guys went to the same high school right? That would be a start. Give it a few times, and if she still seems interested, give her your number to chat or text sometime. You don't have to just concentrate on her but you have to be patient.
    Waking up next to a beautiful girl,
    Step outside and say hello to my beautiful world.

Well I just found her on facebook I think I will spark up a little convo then do the rest in person.

I will see what her signs are

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeL View Post
    I don't think she sees me as creepy I did go back yesterday but I forgot the pharmacy is closed, she has all the mannerisms I'm looking for I will throw her a few things and listen for feedback
    I wasn't implying you were being creepy, sweet. The fact you can chat her up in the store is a good sign. I'm a gal, so I was just bumping so the other guys could help.

Online dating is the best thing if you're shy.

I'm shy and that's how I get to go out every few weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by SirWagginston View Post
    Don't use eHarmony. OkCupid is superior to almost every other dating website, and it is free.
    So I took your word and not more then 15 min after I signed up I get a spam message nevertheless I tried it and I get a fair amount of visitors but no messages.. It sucks looking young I think this hurts me the most when out in public..

The free dating sites might give you more matches, but a lot of people on there aren't looking for real relationships, just hookups. One of my friends met her husband on match.com and I know at least one other person who met her fiancee on a dating site. Yes, it can be worth the money, just to screen out the hoochies.
    Spammer Spanker

Quote Originally Posted by Gigabitch View Post
    The free dating sites might give you more matches, but a lot of people on there aren't looking for real relationships, just hookups. One of my friends met her husband on match.com and I know at least one other person who met her fiancee on a dating site. Yes, it can be worth the money, just to screen out the hoochies.
    I will give match.com a try.. it seems better priced then eharmony.the funny thing is most or some of the girls I saw on okcupid I also see on match.com I just feel so left behind :-/ plus some girls have standards up so high it's crazy..

My standards are really high and I found a guy who met them. You should have high standards too, Mike.
    Spammer Spanker

Quote Originally Posted by MikeL View Post
    I will give match.com a try.. it seems better priced then eharmony.the funny thing is most or some of the girls I saw on okcupid I also see on match.com I just feel so left behind :-/ plus some girls have standards up so high it's crazy..
    My standards are really high and I found a guy who met them. You should have high standards too, Mike.
    I'm curious... how high are the "high standards"? right now I see myself a virgin when I turn 50, so I'd like to know if the standards of most are really too high...

My standards were geared to my personal criteria, of course, having a lot to do with ambition, education and health. I also was not willing to accept any ex-girlfriend drama or unpleasantly close ties to his mama. Addictive behavior or tendencies were right out.
    Spammer Spanker

Addictive behavior or tendencies were right out.
    Damn... I'm addicted to chocolate

Quote Originally Posted by the_robot View Post
    I'm curious... how high are the "high standards"? right now I see myself a virgin when I turn 50, so I'd like to know if the standards of most are really too high...

She must not already have kids, must not smoke and not overly clingy

What about herpes?
    Spammer Spanker

talking to me?

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast