+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Height...

Yes I agree. Which is why I say that girls seem intimidated by guys who are much taller than them. I think that 6' 1" is an over-estimate too. Seems that girls like guys who are around 170cm to 180cm here in my country. I don't know...

And hey I'm Chinese too! Haha...

Hi all, was searching on Google for "tall guy" + "short girl" and came upon this forum by chance..you see, i'm feeling vexed right now after having gone out with a girl earlier today..she's 5.1ft and i'm 6ft, it's our first date (well, sort of an official 1-1 first date)..i find myself looking down at her when we were walking side by side and it especially gave a bad/awry feeling when i see her looking at me at an upwards angle..still can't shake off the vexed feeling until now..i wonder if some of you can share with me if you did experience something that i just described? i really have no idea what to do next, call her out again or leave it at that

Hmm... that's about a 27 cm difference. Oh well... that's about the height difference between me and my crush. Apparently she was intimidated by my height or something and went for someone else But since this girl is not intimidated by your height then I don't see why you shouldn't go for it? I don't think height difference should be a factor in a relationship if the two of you are comfortable with it. But if YOU are really uncomfortable then you can just give up this relationship. If you love someone you should not be thinking like "oh no, if only she were a bit taller".

I love tall guys - I am 5'6" and have very rarely dated anyone under 6'0 tall. I dated a pilot who stood at 6'7" in the cowboy boots he always wore, but was 6'5" without them. My girl friends have accused me of being willing to overlook other things in favor of height!

I'm with Swimming on my reasons - tall guys make you feel safe and protected.

I think the mistake a lot of us make is thinking the state-appointed shrink is our friend. - Jack Handy

GB, kind of wished i was shorter rather than she's taller..hehe..

if you dun mind me asking you js, i'm curious if you felt weird looking upwards at your guy (no doubt they provide you with a sense of security)? hmmm..i'll probably give her a call in a couple of days time to ask her that..hehe

I am 6'2" or 6'3" - i dont really know anymore...

My ex, Robin was 5'7" - she was the tallest woman I've ever been with, and it was a bit too tall for my likings.

My other ex, Destine was 4'11" - she was as short as they come. I dont know why but I love short chicks. But anything under 5', i've learned can be disceiving.

The woman I like today is about 5'3" - the perfect height I've always liked. She isn't so short that I have to bend my back to kiss. And when we hug she doesnt lay her head on my shoulders. She lays her head on my chest - where I like it. It gives me a sence of power, in a weird way. Almost like I am her protector (like swim said). When she wraps her arms around me and rests her head on my chest, I wrap my arms around her and I just feel so big and mighty. Its a wonderful feeling.

Quote Originally Posted by Hunnish
    I'm an Asian myself.(Chinese) 6 ft tall. I can tell you what kind of height asian girls like the most. Neither lower than 5' 9" nor taller than 6' 1" (175 cm~185 cm) is the perfect height for asian girls. For example, most Chinese girls are about 5'~5' 5" (150 cm~165cm) and leaner than Western girls, if you were more than 6' 2" and had a athletic physique, in their eyes you look more like a tree than an attractive man. Back in college there was a time I chanced upon two of my classmates who were also in a relationship. The guy was 6' 1" and the gal 5' 2". They were riding a scooter past me and the girl hugged the guy from back. The picture to me looked like.... a koala bear climbing on a tree.....
    haha, good cause im 5'10 rofl.

My New Car!! [URL=http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2058343]Cardomain![/URL]

"Be Mindful of The Future, But Not At The Expense of The Moment"

"Life is the art of drawing without an eraser"

I like short girls too. And Zeig, I read you there. Though 180 is already quite ok. For me, I'm at 186. And in Singapore it's quite hard to find anyone above 180 to tell the truth. I do believe I'm the tallest guy (and person for that matter) in the whole junior college (which I believe Americans call high school).

I like girls to be smaller than me. My colleagues reckon i go for petite pretty blondes. They may be right

I would prefer a girl to be small or similar height and build rather than taller and bigger build

I always thought that I prefered taller guys... around 6' or so. But my current boyfriend is only 5'4" and it doesn't bother me at all! *shrug*

I definitely prefer a guy I can look up to - as mentioned above, it gives a sense of security. But, it doesn't make *that* much difference either way - guy i'm seeing now is only an inch or two taller than me and i'm 5'7
    [URL=http://portse.ipbhost.com]Keystroke Community[/URL]

5' 7"... it's so hard to find girls of that height here in Singapore... sigh

i'm geographically ignorant.....are they mostly taller or shorter?
    [URL=http://portse.ipbhost.com]Keystroke Community[/URL]

Shorter... Singapore is a South-East Asian country. And it's very small haha so it won't be very easy to find it on the world map if you have no idea where to look. The fact that they are shorter is the problem ain't it? I'm just over 6' 1" which is probably not too tall in a Western country, but in Singapore I'm already the tallest in my high school! ARGH!!! It seems that my height sorta scares girls off... I don't know.

(A male guy person of the masculine sex offers an opinion.)

I'm about 6'2"; my wife around 5'9" or 5'10 - I rather like having her face up near mine, and our waists where our arms "naturally" fit around them. I often feel uncomfortably "dominating" when I'm around significantly shorter people (especially women), and tend to minimize that by sitting down or slouching a bit.

And I've often envied the really short guys, who appeared to be well-positioned to have a LOT of enjoyment when it came to slow-dancing with tall girls . . .

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast